BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
rx87
Rep
Drives: Atlantis M3 e92

M6 f13 Q/A

Hi from Prague,

Im right now in process of selling my Individual BMW M3 e92 Atlantis blue. So Im picking my my next car, I came down to 2 choices. The crazy one - 2014 R8 V10 Plus and the smart one - f13 M6 CP coupe. The obvious choice - M4 is not an option mainly for the engine, I dont really want bad sounding 335i. I m coming from S54 and S65 engine, and I love NA engines. The S63tu is not, but with its character I believe it has quite an character of NA engine mainly with its top end. If this is not true please correct me.

So I have couple of questions towards you. And yes I did a lot of reading here on forum.

As you can see on my current M3 im a bit in to modding, I have full suspension, wheels, Recaros, full exhaust, carbon everywhere, tune etc.

If I would go the r8 route, the mods would be quite simple RWD conversion "R8 V10 Balboni", exhaust and GT wing. All very clear.

However with M6 its much more difficult to do the right mix of mods.

First I definetly would love to do something with exhaust, I have now full Fabspeed system with 200CEL cats on my M3 and I just LOVE that sound.

So what I want to do, definetly e-race slip on, probably resonator delete on stock mid pipes. And now my question. The car will have waranty so ECU is not an option, also I dont want to lose that peak power at the end.

So I would like to do catted DPs.

-Can I expect any power increase in power with those, without tune?

-Will there be any differences in power delivery? Again dont want to lose peak power at 7000Rpm.

-Will I have CEL with those on Eurospec car?

-Which brand to go? I have read some problems with AMS. Read that agency power are better with O2 sensor location. What about ESS? I have good experience with their tune. Supersprints are too pricey. I definetly do not want any rattle, or anything like that. Want it to be "OEM" mod.

-With eisenmann oval typs, can I use arkym diffuser? Would love to do full arkym carbon exterior.

- I dont like, the OEM seats in M6. Can I instal something else - Recaros, Sparcos? I dont think so, because of the location of seat belt. Bud I better ask you - profesionals.

-Is there somebody comming from M3 e92? Can you say something about differences in handling between M3 and M6 CP? I love the M3 I can drift it around town and place it very accuratly, I would say that this is thanks to throttle responsivnes. How is it with M6 can you just drift it on narrow streets?

Thank you in advance for yours comments
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
rx87
Rep

Cmon guys, no one has info on catted DPs W/O tune? What gains in power and sound I can get with those?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
M6Pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx87 View Post
Cmon guys, no one has info on catted DPs W/O tune? What gains in power and sound I can get with those?
I have M6 gran coupe (no tune ) with fabspeed high flow catted downpipes. They sound a lot better than stock and you get that nice turbo spool sound that you could barely here with stock cats. I also did the charcoal filter delete and replaced stock air filters with K & N filters. Not sure on performance gains Butt dyno says it has some. After reading what others have posted i would guess somewhere between 20-30 hp gain.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 12:39 AM   #4
rx87
Rep

Thank you a lot M6Pilot, can I ask you what is the rest of your exhaust setup? Or you run only the DPs? And do you get CEL light on the dash? I have Fabspeed maxflow on my e92 and Im very happy with their product, its loud but quality.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 05:42 AM   #5
M6Pilot
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
All stock,except downpipes I do have competition pack exhaust which have a different resonator and i believe a different muffler.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 06:37 AM   #6
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

-Is there somebody comming from M3 e92? Can you say something about differences in handling between M3 and M6 CP? I love the M3 I can drift it around town and place it very accuratly, I would say that this is thanks to throttle responsivnes. How is it with M6 can you just drift it on narrow streets?

I came from an M3 E93 to the M6 F12. I really like the car but several main differences. This is faster but feels much heavier. More GT than sports car. It is also huge! I have already clipped the left wing at very slow speeds trying to maneuver. Be warned.

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2016, 03:24 AM   #7
rx87
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Pilot View Post
All stock,except downpipes I do have competition pack exhaust which have a different resonator and i believe a different muffler.
do you get CEL with those DPs?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2016, 06:28 AM   #8
M6Pilot
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx87 View Post
do you get CEL with those DPs?