BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #23
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

I am dying to see how these look! I'll pay for the expediting shipping, ok?

As for the 325's, I am strongly considering 325's and losing the 305's. However, I'll have to remove the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the front too and go with the Pirelli's (since they are the only manufacturer of this size) so I'm really curious how those feel and what your feedback will be, once you break them in. If I hear good things from you, I will most likely make the switch myself. Congrats again, Twitch! GORGEOUS wheels!

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #24
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

BTW Twitch - I had exposed hardward on my Radenergie R10's on my M5 for years and my wife never loved that look. With the new DPE's on both cars, I went with the hidden hardware and I have to tell you, it was the right move. The wheels look so much cleaner and the eyes focus more on the design of the wheel, rather than all the rivets lining the circumference. Great choice -- you won't be sorry...trust me, I've had it both ways.

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #25
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
I am dying to see how these look! I'll pay for the expediting shipping, ok?

As for the 325's, I am strongly considering 325's and losing the 305's. However, I'll have to remove the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the front too and go with the Pirelli's (since they are the only manufacturer of this size) so I'm really curious how those feel and what your feedback will be, once you break them in. If I hear good things from you, I will most likely make the switch myself. Congrats again, Twitch! GORGEOUS wheels!
Oh man, I've been going crazy with the anticipation. Not just to finally see them on but also to drive the car with them. I too am intrigued by how the new Pirellis might perform. I'm expecting the 325 to provide more grip because of the wider track and alleviate some of the traction issues I have in first and second gear. I'll surely be following up and reporting on that in this thread. I've made my peace with the choice of hidden hardware. I think it's the right choice for the car, but a part of me still wants exposed. I'm hoping to add another weekend toy by the end of the year. If I do, I'll surely be getting another set of ADV.1s and those will have exposed hardware. It'll be a sportier vehicle so the sportier look of exposed hardware may suit it better. But for now I'm just dying to see these on the Orange beast.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #26
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Just pulled this off of deadmau5's Instagram. Looks like he ordered them for his McLaren. I believe it's the same finish I ordered or at least similar, so mine should look pretty close to this, the only difference being mine is a two piece with hidden hardware and a few other minor details. The wait continues, but now I'm much more excited.
Attached Images

Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #27
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Just pulled this off of deadmau5's Instagram. Looks like he ordered them for his McLaren. I believe it's the same finish I ordered or at least similar, so mine should look pretty close to this, the only difference being mine is a two piece with hidden hardware and a few other minor details. The wait continues, but now I'm much more excited.
That looks pretty sick man. Those calipers on his Mclaren are very close to the color mine are being painted.

How much longer do you have on the wait? The anticipation is probably killing ya!

Brian
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #28
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
Quote:
That looks pretty sick man. Those calipers on his Mclaren are very close to the color mine are being painted.

How much longer do you have on the wait? The anticipation is probably killing ya!

Brian
Saw your calipers in a box. Really looking forward to seeing them painted and on. I'm considering painting mine too once the stock wheels come off for the Adv.1 install. Thinking Matte Gold like the CCBs. Should go better with my orange than the current metallic blues I think. I placed the order on the 8th so it's only been 2 and a half weeks, barely. To be honest the anticipation is at record levels right now man.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #29
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Maybe more of a burnt copper/gold color for your brakes? That would be a nice combo.

I can't wait to see these wheels on your ride soon! One question I have for you, what made you go with ADV.1? I love their designs but have sometimes heard some bad feedback regarding the quality, but I'm no expert, so I was just curious. Don't get me wrong though, I'm jealous of your wheels (can I steal them already? )
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #30
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT
Maybe more of a burnt copper/gold color for your brakes? That would be a nice combo.

I can't wait to see these wheels on your ride soon! One question I have for you, what made you go with ADV.1? I love their designs but have sometimes heard some bad feedback regarding the quality, but I'm no expert, so I was just curious. Don't get me wrong though, I'm jealous of your wheels (can I steal them already? )
Well, I did a lot of research on ADV.1 prior to ordering from them. Turns out the company started with a somewhat turbulent beginning. Before starting ADV.1, their president, Jordan Swerdloff, had started 360 Forged. It looks like 360 Forged took off quickly, perhaps too quickly, and from what I can gather made quite a few mistakes along the way and ultimately ended up failing. Some people read too much into this, I try not to. Everyone who knows anything about business knows that there is no success without some failure. Anyways, seems like Mr. Swerdloff picked things back up, started ADV.1 on his experience with 360 Forged and they have now been going strong for about 4-5 years, if I'm not mistaken. They have been doing so well that it seems everyday more and more exotics are being fitted with their product, and they have been landing some pretty sick exclusive design deals (see their design for the Novitec Torado Aventador). To me they're still a growing company and still going throw some growing pains, not as established or with as much pedigree or reputation as a manufacturer like HRE, but what they lack in pedigree they more than make up for with their amazing designs. If I may be so bold as to make this comparison, I personally consider HRE to be like the early day Ferrari of the wheel industry, they have the established reputation and pedigree, and ADV.1 to be more like early day Lamborghini, they're trying to do what HRE is doing but with more flare and flamboyance, and I think it's that flare and flamboyance that is much more exciting to me. And also, I like to do my own thing and I've seen that many members on this forum have fitted their cars with HREs but not so many with ADV1 and none (to my knowledge) with the particular style I chose. Plus ADV.1 has roots in Miami, so there's an opportunity for a Heatlifer to support his hometown too.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #31
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Well, I did a lot of research on ADV.1 prior to ordering from them. Turns out the company started with a somewhat turbulent beginning. Before starting ADV.1, their president, Jordan Swerdloff, had started 360 Forged. It looks like 360 Forged took off quickly, perhaps too quickly, and from what I can gather made quite a few mistakes along the way and ultimately ended up failing. Some people read too much into this, I try not to. Everyone who knows anything about business knows that there is no success without some failure. Anyways, seems like Mr. Swerdloff picked things back up, started ADV.1 on his experience with 360 Forged and they have now been going strong for about 4-5 years, if I'm not mistaken. They have been doing so well that it seems everyday more and more exotics are being fitted with their product, and they have been landing some pretty sick exclusive design deal (see their design for the Novitec Torado Aventador). To me they're still a growing company and still going throw some growing pains, not as established or with as much pedigree or reputation as a manufacturer like HRE, but what they lack in pedigree they more than make up for with their amazing designs. If I may be so bold as to make this comparison, I personally consider HRE to be like the early day Ferrari of the wheel industry, they have the established reputation and pedigree, and ADV.1 to be more like early day Lamborghini, they're trying to do what HRE is doing but with more flare and flamboyance, and I think it's that flare and flamboyance that is much more exciting to me. And also, I like to do my own thing and I've seen that many members on this forum have fitted their cars with HREs but not so many with ADV1 and none (to my knowledge) with the particular style I chose. Plus ADV.1 has roots in Miami, so there's an opportunity for a Heatlifer to support his hometown too.
I agree
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #32
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, I did a lot of research on ADV.1 prior to ordering from them. Turns out the company started with a somewhat turbulent beginning. Before starting ADV.1, their president, Jordan Swerdloff, had started 360 Forged. It looks like 360 Forged took off quickly, perhaps too quickly, and from what I can gather made quite a few mistakes along the way and ultimately ended up failing. Some people read too much into this, I try not to. Everyone who knows anything about business knows that there is no success without some failure. Anyways, seems like Mr. Swerdloff picked things back up, started ADV.1 on his experience with 360 Forged and they have now been going strong for about 4-5 years, if I'm not mistaken. They have been doing so well that it seems everyday more and more exotics are being fitted with their product, and they have been landing some pretty sick exclusive design deals (see their design for the Novitec Torado Aventador). To me they're still a growing company and still going throw some growing pains, not as established or with as much pedigree or reputation as a manufacturer like HRE, but what they lack in pedigree they more than make up for with their amazing designs. If I may be so bold as to make this comparison, I personally consider HRE to be like the early day Ferrari of the wheel industry, they have the established reputation and pedigree, and ADV.1 to be more like early day Lamborghini, they're trying to do what HRE is doing but with more flare and flamboyance, and I think it's that flare and flamboyance that is much more exciting to me. And also, I like to do my own thing and I've seen that many members on this forum have fitted their cars with HREs but not so many with ADV1 and none (to my knowledge) with the particular style I chose. Plus ADV.1 has roots in Miami, so there's an opportunity for a Heatlifer to support his hometown too.
Very well said sir. You've kind of got me interested in ADV.1, check your inbox btw.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #33
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Did your wheels ever come in?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #34
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT
Did your wheels ever come in?
Yep. Waiting for me at Wheels Boutique. Install is Friday. Hoping the 12 rears fit well with the 325s. Here are some pics when they were fresh off the assembly line.
Attached Images

Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 12:41 AM   #35
luigimaster24
Major
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i & 2021 X6M Comp

What finish is that? Man !! Those wheels are GORGEOUS!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #36
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

I am looking forward to hearing your views on traction with these babies .
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 02:08 AM   #37
Artur-F10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F12 M6

great choice and your wife is totally right about the hidden hardware
      09-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #38
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

now this is what a call a sexy ass wheel. loving it congrats bro!
Quote:
Thanks, I really hope the dark wheels make the car color pop even more. Since my wheel is a two piece it needs to be held together by hardware (bolts). So you have the option of either leaving the hardware exposed and visible on the face of the wheel or hidden which means it would only be visible if you look inside the barrel. Here is a picture of my wheel with exposed hardware with hidden hardware the lip where the bolts are otherwise visible on the outside would be clean:
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #39
adibaiz1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M8GC,22 S580,21 M4,22 SF90

Quote:
Yep. Waiting for me at Wheels Boutique. Install is Friday. Hoping the 12 rears fit well with the 325s. Here are some pics when they were fresh off the assembly line.
Twitch, those wheels look sick man, can't wait to see them on the car tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #40
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

these wheels are going to look fantastic on your M, congrats
      09-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #41
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
I think those wheels are the only ones I've seen so far that I might consider swapping from the 343M's. Looking forward to seeing them installed.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #42
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigimaster24 View Post
What finish is that? Man !! Those wheels are GORGEOUS!!
Thanks, the finish is called Matte Brushed Liquid Smoke. Its like a Gunmetal with hints of gold in it. Can also be done non-matte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel lane View Post
I am looking forward to hearing your views on traction with these babies .
I hear ya. Running a 21x12 wheel and a 325 tire has me a little worried about the fitment of the wheel and rubbing of the tire, hopefully it all works out in a stress free way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur-F10 View Post
great choice and your wife is totally right about the hidden hardware
Thanks, I'm a actually really glad she steered me in that direction. Seeing it now I really prefer the hidden hardware for this car. However, ADV1 just created a prototype wheel for Prestige Lamborghini Miami's Huracan with semi-hidden hardware which is really sweet (hardware is visible but recessed into the surface), my next wheel from them will definitely feature that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif507 View Post
now this is what a call a sexy ass wheel. loving it congrats bro!
Thanks. Really excited for tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adibaiz1 View Post
Twitch, those wheels look sick man, can't wait to see them on the car tomorrow!
See you there buddy. Hope you're ready to test drive the Huracan too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
these wheels are going to look fantastic on your M, congrats
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
I think those wheels are the only ones I've seen so far that I might consider swapping from the 343M's. Looking forward to seeing them installed.
Thanks Richard! Pictures headed this way around this time tomorrow. Hoping for a smooth stress free install with these huge 21x12 rears I went for.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #43
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Guys I will upload more pics as soon as I catch my breath. Too excited right now. This is insane.
Attached Images

Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #44
M6J
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Absolutely insane. Congratulations Twitch. The wheels were definitely worth the wait. The finish on your wheels are amazing.
Appreciate 0