BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-28-2017, 02:47 PM   #23
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Right on, I thought the '15's had their headlights revised from Xenon to LED (options). Or is there another head/tail light revision post '15?

(off-topic) Further, do you know where that thread is for the lease/financing incentives for ordering a BMW Mcar. Specific to M5 & M6. I know you can't order the F m5 anymore, but M6's are still up for grabs I believe.

Thanks,
H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
let me clarify. The only difference between the '14/'15 CP and the '16 CP are:

1. HP (575 vs 600)
2. LCI headlights

All other CP features carry over from '14/'15 to '16 including:
1. revised MDM
2. stiffer springs
3. stiffer dampening
4. stiffer sway bars
5. 601M wheels (if optioned)
6. CP exhaust
7. tighter steering ratio

You can certainly tune a '15 CP. But the dealer will not sell you the factory 600 HP tune (not in US at least). Dinan is the ONLY aftermarket company that is recognized by BMW and anything done at a Dinan certified shop will retain the factory warranty.

Dinan's cheapest and least aggressive tune is currently $3100. Raises figures to 695 HP, 644 lb-ft of torque.

https://www.dinancars.com/products/?...=engine-tuning
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #24
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirkaismyname View Post
Right on, I thought the '15's had their headlights revised from Xenon to LED (options). Or is there another head/tail light revision post '15?

(off-topic) Further, do you know where that thread is for the lease/financing incentives for ordering a BMW Mcar. Specific to M5 & M6. I know you can't order the F m5 anymore, but M6's are still up for grabs I believe.

Thanks,
H
here you go: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1137724

I don't think the M6 numbers are that far off the M5. You should PM that guy too. He works at a dealership.

BTW, I updated the prior post on the 16 CP and the dinan tune. IMO, you should save your money and buy a preowned '15 CPO car with CP. There's really good ones for $73-$75k right now. If I had more money, I would be buying 2015s.

Regarding headlights, I think what you're talking about is the M5's LED updates.