coolhandshin
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '08 528i, '11 650i Conv.

More black 650i in autumn breeze

Beautiful autumn weather here in Korea ^_^
Attached Images

Last edited by coolhandshin; 09-05-2011 at 04:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List

Enjoy the top down season for several more weeks
Even i winter it makes fun driving open (this is Norway). Just a matter of clothing
      09-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
GreyCoupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 650i Coupe

Enjoy the autumn, the winters both of you have would make autumn feel like Last Chance.

For those of you who actually get to drive your cars, how do you like the Dunlop OEM tires that came on your cars?
Enjoyed some fun cars over the years: 1966 Corvette Convertible, 240Z, E24 L6, 300CE-24, 2004 645 Ci, 550SL, A6s, 535xi, E300/Bluetec/420, Grand Cherokee Overland, 2012 650i Coupe, 12 CL550, 13 SL550, 15 650i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
coolhandshin
Private
South Korea
Rep

It's kinda amazing how 650i lets in less wind into the cabin compared to my last rid e60 528i with just one window open. Even than I had it opened almost all the time, so I think I will have no problem with the top open in the winter period. Of course with some adequate clothing

I hear the OEM Dunlop runflat that are shipping with the cars now are actually second generation run flats, and are suppose to be much better. Consensus is that it cannot be differentiated from the non-runflats on blind tests.

Well I thought the previous Dunlop runflats with the e60 were actually nice except it was a little bit hard on bumps at times. So naturally I have absolutely no complaint with the new supposedly improved second generation run flats. Acutally, there seems to be improvement on the bumps too. And I definitely like the feeling of safety when going at high speed and knowing that it won't blow and crash me into the side barricades.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandshin View Post
Consensus is that it cannot be differentiated from the non-runflats on blind tests.
I totally agree. The best tires I have had for years.
Another impressing matter is the straight forward stability even with my 20-inches on surface with deep wheel tracks. No more sideways climbing
      09-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
GreyCoupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 650i Coupe

Thanks--both.

CHS, it really is a beauty.
Enjoyed some fun cars over the years: 1966 Corvette Convertible, 240Z, E24 L6, 300CE-24, 2004 645 Ci, 550SL, A6s, 535xi, E300/Bluetec/420, Grand Cherokee Overland, 2012 650i Coupe, 12 CL550, 13 SL550, 15 650i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #7
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Beautiful autumn weather here in Korea
Very nice pictures of a beautiful car; envy you the weather too, especially from this Scottish perspective!
I'll be ordering my 640d convertible for delivery next spring and I'm very interested to know what sort of leather you have on, what appear to be, your comfort seats. It doesn't look like either Dakota or Nappa; I'd appreciate clarification - thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #8
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
It doesn't look like either Dakota or Nappa; I'd appreciate clarification - thanks.
Looks like he's opted for seat ventilation - that's why there are tiny holes in the leather.
      09-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #9
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
Looks like he's opted for seat ventilation - that's why there are tiny holes in the leather.
Good point and it probably explains why the headrests appear to be covered in standard Dakota leather.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #10
coolhandshin
Private
South Korea
Rep

I bought the car in dealer's stock, so naturally I did not have any choice of leather option or colors.

The sad thing is that BMW Korea pre-ordered all of the 6 series in just one set of options (except for exterior colors, which come in silver, black and white), so all the cars in the PDI area have exactly the same option and color of the interior

That also applies to mine; Black Dakota leather, No contrast stitching, Comfort seat with ventilation and heating seats.

Relieving thing is, Dakota leather actually feels nice and durable. The black color, maybe a bit boring considering it's a convertible, does give the car a solid feeling. and besides some people do love the idea of all black scheme. and plus it doesn't get much dirty and stains are hard to see

About the contrast stitching, definitely get it, because it should give the car an intalian maserati kinda feeling and should make it look more sophiscated. Hell the M's have all contrast stitching and makes it look real sporty.

For mine, well, it does have stitches in the same color as the leather, black, and while it doesn't stand out or shout out itself, it does make it's existence and proves that this car interior is made of high quality and sophiscation. Afterall it's just the color, and the stitches are clearly visibile and felt and it's there. At first when I didn't see the car I was like.. darn no contrast stitches? what was BMW Korea thinking?? But when I saw the stitches in my car, well it's quite nice and subtle.

About the ventilated seats, my last car also had them, and while the cooling function is quite effective when wearing just a T-shirt or one layer of dress shirts, there is some problem with food? biscuite? particles getting into the holes. You can't really see them unless you look closely in bright daylight, however they do get stuck in it. I didn't really care but you can find them if you have slight personality disorder Holes doesn't seem the effect the integrity or the durability of the seats.

About the comfort seats, they are really adjustable, and compared to my last e60 comfort seats, these seats are.. let's say.. they are more easy to find the position and fitting that I like. It's like, oh this position is good and oh, this position is also quite fitting, and oh this way is also quite nice. My last car, I had just one position that I could drive with.

Rather than being a bouncy and cushionable seat, the 6er comfort seats give a feeling of more solidness and slight rigidness, but not at the cost of being less comfortable. It feels however somewhat 'light' compared to previous big 5er comfort seats, but I like that feeling too. The side bolsters doesn't come up all the way compared to the 5er, and allows more space between the bolsters. Maybe it's because people buying 6er's tend to have more fat on the trunk and back area than people buying 5ers? I dunno...

Hope this helped you choices, Jon D.

Last edited by coolhandshin; 09-06-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 01:25 AM   #11
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
About the ventilated seats, my last car also had them, and while the cooling function is quite effective when wearing just a T-shirt or one layer of dress shirts, there is some problem with food? biscuite? particles getting into the holes. You can't really see them unless you look closely in bright daylight, however they do get stuck in it.
The holes are not a problem - the eating is
Seriously - hotdogs and burgers should be banned from any decent car. Chewing gum is ok.

The interior looks sophisticated and classy also with Dakota leather. And Dakota is probably even more robust than the nappa.
The important difference is that (at least here in Europe) you can't get extended leather in Dakota - only in nappa.

I agree about the comfort seat. It has more adjustments than the sport seat, and keeps the body tight enough when driving sporty.