BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
Vvrooom
Registered
Rep
Drives: Four wheels, metal body

Considering Video in Motion... thoughts?

I have an interest in the Video in Motion that http://bimmerguru.com puts out. Have you tried using it? What were your results? How about their customer service?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
RaceTruk
Major
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

anyone with a cable can code this for you and alot more.
not sure where you are located but post in the regional section that your looking for a coder and youll find them for way cheaper
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTruk
anyone with a cable can code this for you and alot more.
not sure where you are located but post in the regional section that your looking for a coder and youll find them for way cheaper
He can also just have it remotely coded. All he needs is a laptop running windows and a cable. And someone can coded remotely for him. I have video in motion coded, among other things. It's nice for my passengers, for me it's just a distraction. Never use it alone in the car.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #4
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

What other features can be unlocked ? . Can you suggest a contact who can do this or instructions on where to find the times required.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel lane
What other features can be unlocked ? . Can you suggest a contact who can do this or instructions on where to find the times required.
You can have many things coded into your M6, it mostly depends on what's already been activated from factory and what has been left out. Common options are video in motion, indicators in the HUD, inband ringtone, advanced tire pressure gauges in iDrive, enhanced media and phone list in the HUD. There's also more obscure options such as disabling the chimes on the seatbelts, options for folding the side mirrors and closing the windows, options for how the windows behave when you are opening and closing the doors, etc.

Here is a video of some common coding options coded into an F10 M5:

Note that the M6 doesn't have the power close trunklid, thus the close from remote function cannot be coded to it.

These guys do remote coding, they send you a cable and you just connect it to your laptop, and they'll code it remotely for you. Their email is codemycar@gmail.com
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
buddaking
Rep
Drives: bmw m6 convertible black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
You can have many things coded into your M6, it mostly depends on what's already been activated from factory and what has been left out. Common options are video in motion, indicators in the HUD, inband ringtone, advanced tire pressure gauges in iDrive, enhanced media and phone list in the HUD. There's also more obscure options such as disabling the chimes on the seatbelts, options for folding the side mirrors and closing the windows, options for how the windows behave when you are opening and closing the doors, etc.

Note that the M6 doesn't have the power close trunklid, thus the close from remote function cannot be coded to it.

These guys do remote coding, they send you a cable and you just connect it to your laptop, and they'll code it remotely for you. Their email is codemycar@gmail.com

Hello.

Quick question. How much do this guy at codemycar@gmail.com charge in price to code your car to have dvd movie playing while in motion and to have the mirror and trunklid close and open by the remote.

I have a 08 m6 convertible. Can it be done on that model?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddaking
Quote:

http://<div class="youtube-playerCon.../iframe></div>

Hello.

Quick question. How much do this guy at codemycar@gmail.com charge in price to code your car to have dvd movie playing while in motion and to have the mirror and trunklid close and open by the remote.

I have a 08 m6 convertible. Can it be done on that model?
The price varies on the amount of options you want coded. If you shoot them an email they will email you a list of the options available for your car and the pricing information. But I'm pretty sure DVD in motion is available for coding on an 08 M6 cause I had it in my previous M6 which was also an 08. The trunklid closing by remote I don't believe it's available, if I remember correctly E6x M6s didn't have power trunklids either, at least my 08 didn't have it back then.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
buddaking
Rep
Drives: bmw m6 convertible black

Quote:
The price varies on the amount of options you want coded. If you shoot them an email they will email you a list of the options available for your car and the pricing information. But I'm pretty sure DVD in motion is available for coding on an 08 M6 cause I had it in my previous M6 which was also an 08. The trunklid closing by remote I don't believe it's available, if I remember correctly E6x M6s didn't have power trunklids either, at least my 08 didn't have it back then.

Oh okay. Thank you for the information. I will email them for more info.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

Thanks very much for the contact information.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
PhantomCypher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari FF, Hellcat, Maserati

Sent email to that address. It seems he's in Germany until 6/13. We'll see what happens!
      06-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #11
PhantomCypher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari FF, Hellcat, Maserati

Got a email response back and the list is long! Some features I'm not sure I'll enable/disable but cool nonetheless.
      06-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #12
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomCypher
Got a email response back and the list is long! Some features I'm not sure I'll enable/disable but cool nonetheless.
Yes, there's definitely a lot of options that can be coded in. Some more useful than others, some are listed and don't work at all.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #13
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

With a little bit of work you can code this stuff yourself. A cable costs around $25-40 and you can buy a token (1 year) for around $45. I have all the software needed and am happy to share.

Brian
Appreciate 0