BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

M Laser Projector Door Courtesy Light

May be corny but I ran across this laser projector light that replaces or can be attached to the door courtesy light on the M6 (under side of the door).
When you open the door, it projects the "M" logo very bright and colorful on the floor or ground, even on grass. See pic.
It actually produces more light than the BMW standard courtesy light and is fairly visible during the day.
Had many complements like I said may be corny but its actually practical.
Install is about 15 minutes and the wiring is fused.
Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

I think it looks good, they are hot items now a days
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
May be corny but I ran across this laser projector light that replaces or can be attached to the door courtesy light on the M6 (under side of the door).
When you open the door, it projects the "M" logo very bright and colorful on the floor or ground, even on grass. See pic.
It actually produces more light than the BMW standard courtesy light and is fairly visible during the day.
Had many complements like I said may be corny but its actually practical.
Install is about 15 minutes and the wiring is fused.
Thanks
I like it where can it be found?.
      10-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Actually got mine on eBay for $19.99 plus free shipping for 2 lights plus the drill bit. Item # 261295595690. Be sure to buy Version 5, its the newest and smallest.
Buy from a US Seller they ship quickly (3 days) as opposed to 4 weeks.

Installation is as follows...
1. Remove the original BMW courtesy light under the door using a flat screwdriver. Slightly pry from the front.
2. Drilling hole is simple. I thought I was going to drill into the metal door, but you are actually drilling on the bottom of the door panel ( a cardboard like material)
3. I drilled about 2 " from the existing courtesy light hole towards the rear of the car.
4. Use a 9 volt battery to check the functionality and position of the "M" and mark it. This makes it easier when you are positioning the light.
5. The light is spring loaded, so just push the wire thru first and then pop the light into your desired position. Use the hole from the original BMW light to make your wire connection.
6. What I did was to strip the light wire about 1/4 inch and push it through the original BMW plug. Tape connection with electrical tape.Be sure you have the right polarity red with red etc. Reason, you will not need the original BMW courtesy light, so after the install, just snap the BMW light into place without connecting the plug.
7. The laser light has a flat and even fit after you install it, nothing will protrude and will not interfere with the functionality of the door or lighting error codes.
8. The new laser light will work only when the door(s) are opened and since they are LED's, it doesn't get hot.
9. You're done - Good luck. Hope this helps with anyone who wants to try it. It looks very cool and is much brighter that the original door courtesy light.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Can you post a pic or two of the installed unit ?

Thanx !
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
Jason yaco
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 convertible

Looks awesome thanks now that I have it please delete post so everyone else don't get it lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

more detail install pic shall we?
      10-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Chizzy67
Rep
Drives: 2013 750Li

If you go to the ebay seller's site it has some more installation pictures. They aren't great but it may help.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #10
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
Actually got mine on eBay for $19.99 plus free shipping for 2 lights plus the drill bit. Item # 261295595690. Be sure to buy Version 5, its the newest and smallest.
Buy from a US Seller they ship quickly (3 days) as opposed to 4 weeks.

Installation is as follows...
1. Remove the original BMW courtesy light under the door using a flat screwdriver. Slightly pry from the front.
2. Drilling hole is simple. I thought I was going to drill into the metal door, but you are actually drilling on the bottom of the door panel ( a cardboard like material)
3. I drilled about 2 " from the existing courtesy light hole towards the rear of the car.
4. Use a 9 volt battery to check the functionality and position of the "M" and mark it. This makes it easier when you are positioning the light.
5. The light is spring loaded, so just push the wire thru first and then pop the light into your desired position. Use the hole from the original BMW light to make your wire connection.
6. What I did was to strip the light wire about 1/4 inch and push it through the original BMW plug. Tape connection with electrical tape.Be sure you have the right polarity red with red etc. Reason, you will not need the original BMW courtesy light, so after the install, just snap the BMW light into place without connecting the plug.
7. The laser light has a flat and even fit after you install it, nothing will protrude and will not interfere with the functionality of the door or lighting error codes.
8. The new laser light will work only when the door(s) are opened and since they are LED's, it doesn't get hot.
9. You're done - Good luck. Hope this helps with anyone who wants to try it. It looks very cool and is much brighter that the original door courtesy light.
Thanks
Thank you very much.