BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Tuskir
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Thoughts on blacked out 650i? And M Performance Accessories...

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey guys, I have a 2013 650i convertible on order. It is black/red M-sport with shadowline trim and I was thinking of also blacking out the grill, tinting the windows, and painting the wheels gloss black. Maybe even tinting taillights (not full tint, only a little). Does anyone have a black 6-series with black wheels and would be willing to share a pic of what it looks like?

Also, I'm thinking of getting aftermarket wheels in order to reduce unsprung weight, thus increasing performance. Does anyone have any lightweight wheels on their 6-series, either 19 or 20 inch? And are there any other ways to reduce the weight of the car in order for it to be more sporty (I do realize this car is still a 4,500lb boat, but at least maybe if I removed out 100-200lbs from it, it would be more nimble). And my final question, I'm interested in these items from BMW AG Accessories store, does anyone know how much they cost and whether they can be added to my order?

BMW M Performance carbon exterior mirror caps

BMW M Performance trim for the gearshift lever in carbon

BMW M Performance Alcantara steering wheel with carbon trim (wow what an amazing steering wheel!)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
BMWMilan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskir View Post
Hey guys, I have a 2013 650i convertible on order. It is black/red M-sport with shadowline trim and I was thinking of also blacking out the grill, tinting the windows, and painting the wheels gloss black. Maybe even tinting taillights (not full tint, only a little). Does anyone have a black 6-series with black wheels and would be willing to share a pic of what it looks like?

Also, I'm thinking of getting aftermarket wheels in order to reduce unsprung weight, thus increasing performance. Does anyone have any lightweight wheels on their 6-series, either 19 or 20 inch? And are there any other ways to reduce the weight of the car in order for it to be more sporty (I do realize this car is still a 4,500lb boat, but at least maybe if I removed out 100-200lbs from it, it would be more nimble). And my final question, I'm interested in these items from BMW AG Accessories store, does anyone know how much they cost and whether they can be added to my order?

BMW M Performance carbon exterior mirror caps

BMW M Performance trim for the gearshift lever in carbon

BMW M Performance Alcantara steering wheel with carbon trim (wow what an amazing steering wheel!)
Given what you appear to what, both exterior and interior-wise, look at ACS stuff. http://www.acschnitzer-usa.com/tuner...136SeriesCoupe
Appreciate 0