BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
xionium
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

Dealer Yelled at Me: No New Digital-Dash/IC on 6, no Pkg Combos

Hi Guys,

I downloaded the ordering guide in the sticky's & brought it to Encinitas, walked in and said 'i've decided to order a 640i but i want to make sure i get one past July 1 build-date to ensure i get the Digi Dash and new combo M Package' and was immediately met with hostility, and no one would even look at that extremely complex pricing/order 'ZMS can not be combined with ZPS etc etc' sheet I had infront of me (all 30pgs printed in color mind you! lol) calling it 'a document uploaded by imbeciles' and me being 'idiotic to believe anything on that forum no matter how official it looks'. 'How only 3% of that crap is true, you didn't get this from anywhere reputable, really you just wasted your time and have no proof this is coming out... oh really, you do? then where did you get it. Okay, so you are still not telling me where'

**Has anyone else had success in confirming or buying the new package combos in a new 2014 build? I can't even get anyone to work with me without being put-in-my-place. Ultimately I said 'look buddy you gotta work with me here a lil, I'm just trying to get what i want for a 90k car' and he went & got the manager who orders the cars and he came out, stood infront of me with his hands crossed, scolded me for even having such internal documentation (read the riot act!).**

I'm trying to abandon-ship from Mercedes but i have never had such resistance when ordering a new car... I walk into MB with a leaked guide and they all say 'cool! lets do this' I go to 2 BMW dealers. 1 small doesn't know anything about the 6 period, the other reads me the riot act (so of course i refuse to order a car from them and politely leave). I can't find the new packages on BMW's BUILD-To-Order website either...... can anyone give me some tips please?

Sorry for the longish-rant message. I'm just upset and have no one to talk to about this and am getting so frustrated. Everyone just wants to take my money (ok) but won't even help me ensure I get what I really want out of 90k (not cool) =(
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Superfluous
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

That's kind of ridiculous. In general, I expect better treatment when buying cars in this price range... but haven't seen it yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, just try to hang in there and stand strong for what you want.

Try a different dealer if you are dead set on the 640i. Different dealerships work under different management, so their techniques and approaches differ.

When I ordered my X6 about five years ago, it was the smoothest process... when I took delivery of my current car... well let's just say not so much...lol. Different dealership, of course.

I hope you find a BMW dealership that you feel comfortable with and the can meet your needs.
      06-03-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
gokudo_90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Go to bmw.de and click on the 6 series, ull see the m sport edition, theres also a video promo, but its still not on the build ur own page.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
540gone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 3.5, '14 640 GC

Ordering a 640i

Couple of comments: First, it sounds like the dealer who attempted to "put you in your place" is a jerk. Unfortunate, but not all that uncommon. This sort of dealer only wants to sell what they have on hand, want you to believe only they have the "secret" information, and aren't interested in anything that doesn't fit their mold. Solution: Tell them to pound sand and walk away.

Second, I have a 640i Sport Edition on order with a production order number and a confirmed delivery date in hand for a September European delivery, but the process is a bit different from that of a regular delivery at a local dealer. Nonetheless, I have been through the same transition in ordering guides that you are dealing with. BTW, my dealer has been most helpful in dealing with the transitions. I'll try not to bore you with all the details, but if you are ordering for a delivery at a local dealer, you will most likely need to wait a bit longer, due to the state of flux and BMWNA's process for allocation of cars to their dealer network.

As you probably know, there have been 2 "updated" ordering guides for the 6 Series since model year 2014 production started in March 2013. The first update dealing with the addition of the Sport Edition was issued in early May sometime coincident with the press release announcing the Edition - this was effective with June 1 production. Before June 1 ever got here, another update was issued later in May effective with July 1 production, containing some minor modifications.

What you need to do is find a dealer with a confirmed allocation for the model you want and for a build week AFTER July 1 - I'm a bit rusty on this but I believe production week allocations are issued about 6 weeks out which allows dealers to configure and "order" a car, either for their stock or a "Priority 1" status, which is a customer sold order. Once you find that, get your order into the system, and then you can modify anything until the car actually goes into status 150, which is the start of production. As of last week, the dealer system was still "blocked" from accepting the Sport Edition updates to my order, but this will obviously open up once their system catches up.

Hope this hasn't been too confusing and that it helps. Bottom line - you need to find a knowledgeable and helpful dealer who wants your business.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Let us all have this dealer info including email address and we'll give him a piece of our mind!! Maybe shake things up for that dealership?? We could also copy in BMW corporate!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

I had a decent experience at mossy BMW. Not too far from you.

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
BMWMilan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

PM me if you want a lead to a dealer that will order what you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

You need to find a new dealer, that is horrible service, sorry you had to go through that.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #10
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

I am interested in ordering a 650 coupe for ED. I had to actually send the new M sport Edition info to the 2 dealers I am working with, as neither had even heard of it as of last week! But both did get back to me confirming the new edition. Waiting until after July 1 is a no brainer for ordering a 6er. Big price cut with this new edition, plus the new digital dash, front collision/pedestrian warning,ect. I also anticipate incentives on the '14 by Aug/Sept, so I'm going to wait a little longer.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #11
xionium
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

thx

Hey guys, thanks for the uplifting responses, actually made my night coming here reading this. was starting to 2nd-guess myself thinking maybe i crossed the line, but it sounds like just a crazy experience *cough* Encinitas BMW *cough* did really push hard on my 1st visit a week prior to get me in a Gran Coupe on their lot, (ie 'so you are telling me in 36 months you never plan to use the rear doors/seats at all!?') I really wanted to tell him that wasn't his [bleeeep]ing call to make, i'll be the one who decides 2doors or 4doors thank you very much indeed, but alas I just said I wanna try the 2 door having come from a 4 door my whole life.

Sounds like if i take a European Delivery i can get a quicker time frame? I'm all for a quick flight to Europe, except i worry about breaking in the car a bit too aggressively on the autobahn.... well... as aggressive as one can get in a 640i =)

Thanks for the positive responses guys =) I feel re-invigorated with a 'lets do this!' attitude again
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #12
///MD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: panamera

email checka at steve thomas bmw. they're in oxnard. maybe 3 hours from encinata. it's far from you but i bet you you can get everything done and dusted over email. haven't bought anything from there but i've had a few encounters and they've been nothing but helpful and extremely easy to work with
      06-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Definitely sounds like a lousy dealer trying to bully you into a stock vehicle. My dealer printed and gave me the pricing guide in my first appointment with them (the version just prior to the 5/21 update). Was originally ordering a 650ix M Sport Edition for a 06/13 build. After the 5/21 update dealer was very supportive and changed it to a 07/13 build. My dealer confirmed from BMW NA rep last week that they will be assigning a 07/13 allocation to the dealer for my build sometime before the end of this week. We'll see when it actually gets assigned a production number, but so far my experience has been very positive and dealer extremely helpful in working toward the specific M Sport Edition build I want.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #14
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

That's why I don't deal with dealers in person anymore. I do everything by email and the only in-person contact I will have with them is when I go in to sign the papers and walk out.

I find most older car salesman don't have a clue what they are talking about (meaning they aren't Internet-savvy and they don't realize we can get this information about new models probably before they even can).
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #15
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Dealer let me know this afternoon they got the allocation from BMWNA assigned today for my 650ix GC M Sport Edition with a 07/13 production. Now have a confirmed build and production number in hand. Here's my build:

146I 2014 650i X-Drive Gran Coupe
416 Carbon Black Metallic
NASW Black Nappa Leather
4AS Gray Poplar Wood Trim
ZMS M Sport Edition
2NM 20" 373M Wheels w/Performance Tires
ZDB Driver Assist Plus
5AT ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
ZCW Cold Weather Package
2VA Adaptive Drive w/ARS
455 Active Front Seats
6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
6UK Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgc650i
Dealer let me know this afternoon they got the allocation from BMWNA assigned today for my 650ix GC M Sport Edition with a 07/13 production. Now have a confirmed build and production number in hand. Here's my build:

146I 2014 650i X-Drive Gran Coupe
416 Carbon Black Metallic
NASW Black Nappa Leather
4AS Gray Poplar Wood Trim
ZMS M Sport Edition
2NM 20" 373M Wheels w/Performance Tires
ZDB Driver Assist Plus
5AT ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
ZCW Cold Weather Package
2VA Adaptive Drive w/ARS
455 Active Front Seats
6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
6UK Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection
Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

You will love the Carbon Black !! Congrats and now the waiting begins!!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #18
Beamer325xi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Most BMW dealerships I have been to are assholes and the service departments are even worse. They make the company look bad I personally would file a complaint with BMW North America on that dealership
Appreciate 0