BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Jdubble07
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i xDrive Convertible

Garage List
2024 BMW  [10.00]
2020 BMW 840i xDriv ...  [0.00]
Bluetooth/USB Connectivity with Connected Drive

I always have my iPhone paired so I can listen to my music via Bluetooth. When I plug the phone in using the USB cord to use the Connected Drive app, the app works fine. Once I unplug the phone, however, the phone stays paired for telephone use, but not for music. To listen to music via Bluetooth again, every time I have to forget and re-pair the phone. Has this happened to anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubble07
I always have my iPhone paired so I can listen to my music via Bluetooth. When I plug the phone in using the USB cord to use the Connected Drive app, the app works fine. Once I unplug the phone, however, the phone stays paired for telephone use, but not for music. To listen to music via Bluetooth again, every time I have to forget and re-pair the phone. Has this happened to anyone else?
Did you check your telephone configuration on iDrive before you re-pair the phone? I noticed that plugging and unplugging from the USB port removes the audio function from the telephone configuration. If that's the case, you just need to re-enable it in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
vegadonovan
Rep
Drives: F12 Black

Nope, for me I had to go under Phone configuration in IDRIVE menu and recheck the option for Music under Bluetooth and the music will be back. Each and every time.

Hope its helpful for you!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Jdubble07
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i xDrive Convertible

Garage List
2024 BMW  [10.00]
2020 BMW 840i xDriv ...  [0.00]
Yeah, I checked first to avoid the re-pairing hassle. It shows that my phone is connected with the icon lit up, but the music icon is greyed out. When I go back into the Bluetooth menu, telephone and music are still checked off, bit when I go to external devices, it says not connected.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubble07
Yeah, I checked first to avoid the re-pairing hassle. It shows that my phone is connected with the icon lit up, but the music icon is greyed out. When I go back into the Bluetooth menu, telephone and music are still checked off, bit when I go to external devices, it says not connected.
Try going to the Telephone Bluetooth configuration as mentioned by Vegadonovan. There should be a music/audio checkbox that you can re-enable.
Appreciate 0