BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #45
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC444 View Post
Take it offline fanboys ....
Thats cute... What's that they say about the pot and the kettle?
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 10:34 PM   #46
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

: So, I guess I have to trade my M6 with this fast car

Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 11:45 PM   #47
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Ahhhh feel the love and passion in this thread.

One of the guys at work had one of the first GTR's in the UK, and he took me out in it, and performance wise, regardless of how the car decides to use its technical ability to put that power down was astounding. The only other car that made that impression on me from Japan was back in the early 2000's when my friend had an imported twin turbo Supra which was a pocket rocket.

They look mean, and match the games, and turn heads. However, for me personally, I wouldn't want one because (i'm old now) and I like my luxury.. Japanese cars have always had this desire for heaps of luxury plastic.

Take the humble Scooby or Evo.. they are not to my personal taste in looks, but there is no doubting the fact they are very well engineered cars, but the looks, and plastics ruin them for me.. but it keeps the costs down.

If they invested in decent interiors, then they really would find a new place in the market, but they may lose some of the people who like that.

Horses for course! but still all round fun cars. The Scooby's I've driven with Prodrive mods, were easily as good to drive as any M3 in its day, and half the price, but 1/10 the looks (I'm not a fan of ironing boards on the back)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:13 AM   #48
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
Ahhhh feel the love and passion in this thread.

One of the guys at work had one of the first GTR's in the UK, and he took me out in it, and performance wise, regardless of how the car decides to use its technical ability to put that power down was astounding. The only other car that made that impression on me from Japan was back in the early 2000's when my friend had an imported twin turbo Supra which was a pocket rocket.

They look mean, and match the games, and turn heads. However, for me personally, I wouldn't want one because (i'm old now) and I like my luxury.. Japanese cars have always had this desire for heaps of luxury plastic.

Take the humble Scooby or Evo.. they are not to my personal taste in looks, but there is no doubting the fact they are very well engineered cars, but the looks, and plastics ruin them for me.. but it keeps the costs down.

If they invested in decent interiors, then they really would find a new place in the market, but they may lose some of the people who like that.

Horses for course! but still all round fun cars. The Scooby's I've driven with Prodrive mods, were easily as good to drive as any M3 in its day, and half the price, but 1/10 the looks (I'm not a fan of ironing boards on the back)
Yes does play it's part, I like the Luxury now, the first test drive in the GTR shocked me for shear grunt, but after a few hours the drive wore thin.
      08-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #49
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
Those GTRs are wicked out the box. Modded up they are just plain nasty.

Brian
They are wicked and stock for stock the GTR would toast the M6 from a standstill. However, every GTR owner I know and I know plenty exactly ZERO are stock so I think they would have their way with our M6 even on the Highway. But the OP reaction is perfect, who cares and let them get all fired up lol