BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
parm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M50d

Replacement M6 GC options

Hi all,

My original post was titled " newbie with a problem M6 gran coupe" BMW have now resolved this issue and will be replacing my car. However I don't want to spend anymore money but need some advice. I'm going for a silverstone II car but do I stick with my extended full merino black leather or do I to for standard leather and use the money for the competition pack? Not going to track or race the car but was wandering which option is more desirable and maybe better for residual.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
jcbh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Personally, I think one of the great parts of the M6 GC is the interior - in my opinion, it just looks less finished without the full leather. I don't think not having the CP on the Gran Coupe is going to affect residual value as much as other cars or other options. Personally, I spend all of my time with the car IN the car and appreciate the interior finishes...in traffic, looking around, what it feels like to the touch, etc...but either way good luck with your new order and post pics when you get it!
Jeff
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
bjayfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F13 M6

You're getting into preference, so expect a range of answers. I don't seen the need for full leather, doesn't impact comfort or driving, does impact appearance, but inside the car only.

On the competition package, it's pretty sweet, but how do you drive the car? If you like a very tight and stiffer car in all situations, then go for it. If you like some serious twisties on a consistent basis, go for it. Buy or don't buy it for what you do or don't do.

Carbon ceramic brakes, I missed the boat on this one, will add them when available shortly, my preference would be these as they lower unsprung weight by like 40+ pounds (makes the car marginally stiffer and marginally better handling) and they're just better braking.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
Of the two, I'd go full leather.

The competition pack is really icing on the cake, none of the changes are massive in their own right, but together they tighten up the car a bit more. Unless you really want the 601M wheels, for every day driving you'll probably not really notice the difference much.

Full leather on the other hand completes the interior. Without it I think the non leather parts look rather ordinary in an otherwise luxurious cabin. It's something you will notice and appreciate (or not if you don't get it) every time you use the car.

From a residual point of view, I doubt there will be much benefit in either although you always get individuals seeking a specific option. A well documented history will be worth more than either.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
parm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M50d

I think I'll go for the leather!! I like to go fast hence an M6 but I'm
No racon driver and wouldn't push so hard to deism destroying it! I'll post pic when it arrives hopefully have build slots etc on Monday when I spec it up cheers
Appreciate 0