BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Wrapping

Im thinking of wrapping my 640d, I want to go for something along the lines of the frozen bronze paint but not identical. Something metallic and along the tone of the bronze.

Anyone got this down in the UK or know of any good pictures showing it? And good companies to do it?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
DTP1980
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 LCI Monte Carlo Blue

I know it's not particularly close but I have used WrapKings near Birmingham. Ben is 3M approved and has every conceivable colour and finish you could wish for.

IMHO this car looks nice a Matt bronze and is probably the colour I'd choose it'd doing it.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 05:41 AM   #3
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

PW pro or apm customs if I was to ever engage with wrapping far too many cars have clearly had a knife used to cut round certain elements of the car damaging the underlying paint the process.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 05:43 AM   #4
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

I contacted PW Pro who seem good. The problem is a good wrap is still pricey and I may go down the route of a respray. My car is OK but has a fair bit of road rash, and then I had to go an reverse into someone the other day. Not a terrible bit of damage but bumper needs a spray nonetheless.

Any recommendations for a good whole body respray?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:11 AM   #5
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Plenty of good bodyshops unfortunately none of them are exactly "local" to you. But if you want a full respray then I would seriously honestly talk to Kelly at KDS Keltec or SL restoration, both of which work on plenty of interesting cars.

Preference for me between the two - SL restoration as they do plenty of bodywork (major bodywork as well).

Both of these then mean you can it detailed as part of the finish save getting multiple people involved (and should you wish get it coated in Gtechniq or other providers coating).

Over the costs of the wrap sadly it does tend to cost a lot to do it properly without using cheaper films and/or poorer quality processes and actions (unfortunately without naming names certain well known ones I have seen on youtube seem to have some slightly "questionable" short cuts with wrapping).
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 06:24 AM   #6
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Hi mate, I haven't got my 6er wrapped but i've used a company called SkinWrap in West London for my work cars. Can recommend them. Thats all they do and are good at it and reasonably priced.
Appreciate 0