BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #23
PIR3lly
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix

Good call!
Better get it sorted out on warranty, before you lower it. Can save you a lot if money...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 07:48 PM   #24
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Just got the car back today from the dealership. So this was a little bit of crazy experience but in the end, the dealership was awesome and while they were replacing the struts, they threw the rear springs on for no charge. I know they had to the take the springs off any ways but still pretty cool

They don't absolutely make a set of springs for the 650xi F12 so I went with the Eibach Pro-Kit 20117.140 based on some recommendations. This set is made for the 650 convertible but I am pretty happy with the results. Not a crazy drop...maybe an 1" at most on each corner but still looks pretty good. First picture is a before and the second is after. I only had a quick moment to take pics as I needed to get back to work after picking up the car. I will snap some more pics this weekend with the stock wheels on.

However, I now have in my garage 20x10.5 and 20x9 VS Vorged VS08's, a v style rear trunk carbon lid and v style carbon side blades that I plan to install this Sunday.

I also have a painted M6 diffuser and a v style carbon rear diffuser. I plan this weekend to install the M6 diffuser. Then I will take the car to a muffler shop to do a muffler delete and have quad tips installed and then I will install the v style rear diffuser. I think I have decided on a Hamann front lip as I it has grown on my a little. Hoping to have the car completely done in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I will post pics as mods are completed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 07:38 AM   #25
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
Just got the car back today from the dealership. So this was a little bit of crazy experience but in the end, the dealership was awesome and while they were replacing the struts, they threw the rear springs on for no charge. I know they had to the take the springs off any ways but still pretty cool

They don't absolutely make a set of springs for the 650xi F12 so I went with the Eibach Pro-Kit 20117.140 based on some recommendations. This set is made for the 650 convertible but I am pretty happy with the results. Not a crazy drop...maybe an 1" at most on each corner but still looks pretty good. First picture is a before and the second is after. I only had a quick moment to take pics as I needed to get back to work after picking up the car. I will snap some more pics this weekend with the stock wheels on.

However, I now have in my garage 20x10.5 and 20x9 VS Vorged VS08's, a v style rear trunk carbon lid and v style carbon side blades that I plan to install this Sunday.

I also have a painted M6 diffuser and a v style carbon rear diffuser. I plan this weekend to install the M6 diffuser. Then I will take the car to a muffler shop to do a muffler delete and have quad tips installed and then I will install the v style rear diffuser. I think I have decided on a Hamann front lip as I it has grown on my a little. Hoping to have the car completely done in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I will post pics as mods are completed.
looking forward to pics of the final product, as well as your thoughts on the muffler delete!
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #26
PIR3lly
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
They don't absolutely make a set of springs for the 650xi F12 so I went with the Eibach Pro-Kit 20117.140 based on some recommendations.
What do you mean, they don't make one for the F12 650ix?
There's one for it:
E10-20-029-02-22
It's the same as I used for my F06 650ix..

But it's also used for the non xdrive. So I guess you got the right ones (just different part numbers in your country, I assume)

Last edited by PIR3lly; 04-12-2017 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #27
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Quote:

Nice. Love that you're on hyper speed modding.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #28
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR3lly View Post
What do you mean, they don't make one for the F12 650ix?
There's one for it:
E10-20-029-02-22
It's the same as I used for my F06 650ix..

But it's also used for the non xdrive. So I guess you got the right ones (just different part numbers in your country, I assume)
Great point! I did find that exact part number from Eibach UK and the UK website indicated those springs worked for all F12's so that is what ultimately got me comfortable these should work too. Again...not a huge drop but I do like the look better. Can't wait to get the wheels on this weekend though.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #29
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Nice. Love that you're on hyper speed modding.
Never heard the term hyper speed modding but I guess that is what happens when everything comes in all at the same time! Given that some of the aero parts are sourced from China, I am a little concerned about my optimism for getting everything done this weekend (dealing with fitment issues). Guess we will have to see....
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #30
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I figured I was trying to bite off more than I can chew this past weekend. Only the wheels are on now with the rest of the aero parts to come soon.

Changing out the wheels - Having never owned a BMW before, I got all freaked out about the fact of even jacking up the car. I ended up having to buy a low profile jack (that was not a surprise) but then I found the odd looking rectangular sections and I thought I needed a pad or something. I ended up just jacking the car on those pads (or whatever they are) and it worked fine. If I ever wanted to get the car on jackstands, I don't think it will be easy though! Maybe someone has a trick?

Regardless, here is a pic of her as of today, lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit and sitting on VS Forged VS08's and Bridgestone Pole S04s. Thanks to Jesse over at PK Designs for a very easy transaction!
Attached Images

Last edited by MSUGOGRN; 04-18-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #31
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I figured I was trying to bite off more than I can chew this past weekend. Only the wheels are on now with the rest of the aero parts to come soon.

Changing out the wheels - Having never owned a BMW before, I got all freaked out about the fact of even jacking up the car. I ended up having to buy a low profile jack (that was not a surprise) but then I found the odd looking rectangular sections and I thought I needed a pad or something. I ended up just jacking the car on those pads (or whatever they are) and it worked fine. If I ever wanted to get the car on jackstands, I don't think it will be easy though! Maybe someone has a trick?

Regardless, here is a pic of her as of today, lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit and sitting on VS Forged VS08's and Bridgestone Pole S04s. Thanks to Jesse over at PK for a very easy transaction!

Maybe I'm a bit slow but I'm having a hard time seeing the pic even with copy and paste.
I use the burgertuning pad adapter thingy for $20 but I'm sure a jack only will be ok. The square thing underneath the car is cheap if you ever break it. There are actually 2 centralized jack points so you can jack the complete rear or front up at once. The rear is in between 2 large bolts when looking at the car from the rear. The front is the open metal piece that isn't covered. The only thing is even with a low profile jack, it's still difficult to get the jack all the way in there.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #32
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Regardless, here is a pic of her as of today, lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit and sitting on VS Forged VS08's and Bridgestone Pole S04s. Thanks to Jesse over at PK for a very easy transaction!

picture wont display!!!
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #33
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry about the pic. I think I fixed it. Thanks ndinh for pointing me in the right direction on the center jack points and pads.

By the way... The change from run flat to regular tires is fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #34
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry about the pic. I think I fixed it. Thanks ndinh for pointing me in the right direction on the center jack points and pads.

By the way... The change from run flat to regular tires is fantastic!
Looking good! Yes, getting rid of runflats is fantastic! What did you end up doing with exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #35
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
Looking good! Yes, getting rid of runflats is fantastic! What did you end up doing with exhaust?
Thanks! Still going with the delete for the following reasons:

1. I still love the sound clips I have listened to with the delete
2. I really want a quad 3.5" or 4.0" tip set up with the burnt blue tips.
3. Megan Racing is the only one I am aware of that has these tips as part of an axle back and is reasonably priced. Unfortunately, the few clips I have heard I thought it sounded like crap.

Tips are being delivered this Thursday. Before I take it to the shop, they want the full new rear set up done (M6 diffuser + V Style diffuser) so they can make sure the tips come through the opening just enough. The M6 diffuser is already painted and is factory so I am not concerned about that. Should be a very quick install. The diffuser however is sourced from mainland China so keeping my fingers crossed about fitment. Hoping to have the rear ready by Thur night so I can drop the car off Friday for the exhaust shop to do the delete. Again...probably being too optimistic haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 06:02 PM   #36
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Still going with the delete for the following reasons:

1. I still love the sound clips I have listened to with the delete
2. I really want a quad 3.5" or 4.0" tip set up with the burnt blue tips.
3. Megan Racing is the only one I am aware of that has these tips as part of an axle back and is reasonably priced. Unfortunately, the few clips I have heard I thought it sounded like crap.

Tips are being delivered this Thursday. Before I take it to the shop, they want the full new rear set up done (M6 diffuser + V Style diffuser) so they can make sure the tips come through the opening just enough. The M6 diffuser is already painted and is factory so I am not concerned about that. Should be a very quick install. The diffuser however is sourced from mainland China so keeping my fingers crossed about fitment. Hoping to have the rear ready by Thur night so I can drop the car off Friday for the exhaust shop to do the delete. Again...probably being too optimistic haha.
Looking nice and those wheels...wow.
Another small mod would be the front reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #37
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Looking nice and those wheels...wow.
Another small mod would be the front reflectors.
That is hilarious that you say that. Though that mod was something I was thinking about in the future. However, when I posted this picture with the wheels that are a little darker now, I was like damn....I really need that mod now!

Last edited by MSUGOGRN; 04-18-2017 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #38
PIR3lly
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Looks great! And awesome wheels...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 02:39 PM   #39
PIR3lly
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Today I mounted my 21" Breyton wheels. Together with the Eibach lowering springs, it looks great...

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #40
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR3lly View Post
Today I mounted my 21" Breyton wheels. Together with the Eibach lowering springs, it looks great...

Love how they perfectly fill that wheel gap. Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #41
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
very nice! hows the ride on 21's?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #42
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Those wheels look phenomenal especially in 21's. I'm so jealous.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #43
PIR3lly
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Thanks guys!

About the ride.
It's actually better than with the oem 19" and runflat Dunlops, especially the noise. These PSS are more quiet. Very happy with them.
Appreciate 0