BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #23
OC Dealman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package

Congratulations! Looks great. Have fun.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #24
///M5Bruno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e60 M5

Wow your car is EPIC!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoyejordan View Post
I hear you. I didn't think much of it until my salesman sat me in a 650 coupe and played HD radio and I heard that thing in concert. It was incredible. All said... I did check the box. The only option I went back and forth on was 19"s or 20"s and one post on this forum put me back in the 20's. I am a week 45 baby... so I am waiting anxiously.

I haven't checked out HD radio yet. That will be when I get back to the states. I have not rode in the 19's in this car, but all my other vehicles have been 20" or larger wheels. The ride is not harsh as other rides i have been in on 20"s, but I am in germany right now. The roads here are sooooooo much better than the avg city/highway back in the states. I'm kind of getting spoiled until I get back and play frogger with potholes all day. I plan on +1 the wheels so that should assure you that the ride is good. Now if you need more snow traction, then the 19"s with winter tires would be your choice.
      10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #26
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Dealman View Post
Congratulations! Looks great. Have fun.
Thanks, the wait was horrible. lol
      10-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #27
kingoyejordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
I haven't checked out HD radio yet. That will be when I get back to the states. I have not rode in the 19's in this car, but all my other vehicles have been 20" or larger wheels. The ride is not harsh as other rides i have been in on 20"s, but I am in germany right now. The roads here are sooooooo much better than the avg city/highway back in the states. I'm kind of getting spoiled until I get back and play frogger with potholes all day. I plan on +1 the wheels so that should assure you that the ride is good. Now if you need more snow traction, then the 19"s with winter tires would be your choice.
Good points... I have 18" snow tires for my 650 right now. I am on my second 650 so I am used to switching. My old 745 had 20's on them so I sorta know what you mean with the ride. It is crazy playing forgger with potholes. I have most of them memorized on my usual paths. What a life LOL!! Enjoy Germany mate and if you can.. tell them to hurry with my car. It is the Citrin Black Vert
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 Coupe

r.e. the HUD, it has to be the new one. i.e. full color etc. The build your own shows the new HUD. If you go to build your own X5M for example it still shows the old version which is consistent with it being an 'e' series car.
If it turns out to be the old HUD then, ala F10 M5 lack of side bolsters, we would have serious grounds to complain.

Also still keeping my fingers crossed that my nav will be the updated on mine as it's just waiting for a ride over here.

THe lack of concrete information over this is driving me nuts... Nobody knows or sure.

Last edited by V8; 10-10-2012 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #29
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Very masculine yet elegant combination. I almost purchased a vert in the same setup with the moonlight top. Your color scheme looks even better in real life. Well done. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #30
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 View Post
r.e. the HUD, it has to be the new one. i.e. full color etc. The build your own shows the new HUD. If you go to build your own X5M for example it still shows the old version which is consistent with it being an 'e' series car.
If it turns out to be the old HUD then, ala F10 M5 lack of side bolsters, we would have serious grounds to complain.

Also still keeping my fingers crossed that my nav will be the updated on mine as it's just waiting for a ride over here.

THe lack of concrete information over this is driving me nuts... Nobody knows or sure.
I just wrote something about this in the contrast sticthing post. As of the 2nd week of Sep (My build) No new nav. I have a 3 series loaner right now and it has the new nav. 5, 7, and 3 series was the first implemened. The full color HUD is the bee's knees!

I think they will just sneak the new system quietly. Have the dealer just keep checking on the option code. When it changes from the 6NR they will be good.
      10-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #31
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
Very masculine yet elegant combination. I almost purchased a vert in the same setup with the moonlight top. Your color scheme looks even better in real life. Well done. Enjoy!
Thanks. OC dealman has the moonlight top and it looks great on the SG. Hopefully it's clear today when I get my car back and I will take some better color balanced pics of the interior. The platinum is more like a silervy/dusty white than the tanish color in my pics. My camera is set up for warm tones.
      10-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #32
TBB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 640d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
I just did the ED on September 17 M6 convert. in Sakhir Orange. My wife and 2 grown kids went along. We are average size folks (whatever that means) but we drove over 1000 miles in Germany and traded the back seats occasionally. The ride was actually very comfortable compared to my previous M6 (E63). We were also able to fit 4 carry on luggage and 4 small bags in the trunk. Tight fit, but it worked. So, yes, the ride was comfortable for 4. See pictures.
Hope this helps with your question.
Thank you dear fitmaster for the answer... As I see you do have a convertible which even has less back space than a coupe has..

Actually I was impressed and surprised a bit because from all videos and pics I ve seen so far, convertible version seemed theres almost no space there !

So thats good news for me . For a coupe the most important thing for me is to have enough space for 4 adults .

I am just worrying about my kids (13 and 10 yrs respectively) , and as I am planning to use it at least 10 years , so I need to think what happens when they grow up !

your car is gorgeous too. I was in BMW Welt 3 weeks before and ı really liked the ambiance there.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #33
TBB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 640d GC

Quote:
Thanks. I'm waiting on to get it back so I can take pics in sunlight of the inside and out.

I as well was concerned about back seat space. Not that I carry 3 people alot, but just to know in a pinch could I transport someone. Looking at the measurements of the back area it is pretty much similar to an S5, my previous car. I was about to get back there with a little yoga action, but once locked in, it's not horrible. The M6 i think I could do an hr back there at any one time but I am 6' 210. The main problem for anyone 6' and above is headroom. I jumped in the back and had a friend get in the driver seat. I llet it back as far as I felt comfortable, just touching my ankles. He is about 5'6" and had some room to spare in the driver pod. So it seems about 5'10" Fr/Bk average height should be fine. I didn't play with the passenger side yet, but the angled dash kind of rooms some space that you would think would be there.
Thank you so much for the detailed information PrecisionP. As far as E92 coupe considered (and I am currently using) we all know 6 series has less space even its a huge and bigger car than E92.

Thats why I wanted to hear the real experience.

Another question if you dont mind, Id like to use M6 daily. I mean real daily even to go for a supermarket, would that be a problem do you think?

And howmany miles or kms do you think a M6 motor will drive maximum under normal driving conditions? Possible to have around 200.000 kms?

Thanks in advance and enjoy your new princess!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #34
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Love the debaged
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #35
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBB View Post
Thank you so much for the detailed information PrecisionP. As far as E92 coupe considered (and I am currently using) we all know 6 series has less space even its a huge and bigger car than E92.

Thats why I wanted to hear the real experience.

Another question if you dont mind, Id like to use M6 daily. I mean real daily even to go for a supermarket, would that be a problem do you think?

And howmany miles or kms do you think a M6 motor will drive maximum under normal driving conditions? Possible to have around 200.000 kms?

Thanks in advance and enjoy your new princess!!
Hmm i can't comment on the motor. This is my 1st (bimmer, M series, rear wheel drive, over 500 Hp) car. So as you can see it's alot of learning curves I am making and adjusting to. I don't plan having it more than 2 years top anyway and then it's on to the next thing. Maybe one of the M vets on here can help you with that answer.

But as far as a daily driver, comfort wise I find it suitable for the task. I'm used to low profile wheels so I don't find the ride harsh or anything. The biggest thing is that it wants to goooooooo, so stop and go traffic isn't that fun. Also the turbo lag is very noticeable when in the lower transmission/gear shift settings. I haven't played with the higher ones as of yet but maybe this weekend. But when it's rolling the 105mph limit feels like 55mph and still pulls like 35mph. lol
      10-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #36
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
Love the debaged
Thanks. I didn't look at the previous models so I thought it would come completely debadged without the side gills or front grill. I like that clean look.
      10-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #37
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

You have great taste, PrecisionP!
Related to the engine, I don't think you'll have any problems if the maintenance program is respected!
Do you plan to try it on track, too?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #38
laurenxesq
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & P car

Quote:
Here is a few pics till I have time to settle down and take some more.
OMG!!!! This is awesomely beautiful!! The exact color combo I would order!!!

Congrats man!!! :::drooling::::::::::::::
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #39
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
You have great taste, PrecisionP!
Related to the engine, I don't think you'll have any problems if the maintenance program is respected!
Do you plan to try it on track, too?
Thanks. I plan to take it in regularly to service but the intervals are so long, 15k before another oil change? I may only get 1 oil change out of this before I get the new car itch again.

As far as the track, when I get back to the states I doubt it will see any track time. Maybe one quarter mile because I have always wanted to try it, but here in germany I do want to bless it on the ring for a few laps.
      10-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #40
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenxesq View Post
OMG!!!! This is awesomely beautiful!! The exact color combo I would order!!!

Congrats man!!! :::drooling::::::::::::::
I'm pleased how it came out. My vision was the "dark grey outside/light grey inside". I was waffling on the color for a min like I'm sure so many others have with there not being any real life photos of color/color schemes besides the launch cars.

I have added a few more interior shots and will add some more of the outside today if it doesn't rain.
      10-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #41
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

nice pics ~ ! glad i got that color for my m3.....the wait continues
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #42
6fws
Rep
Drives: M6

Any comments on the sound with windows up/down?

Especially since there's no Active Sound Design.

I had the chance to listen to a cold startup a while ago.. brutal
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #43
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fws View Post
Any comments on the sound with windows up/down?

Especially since there's no Active Sound Design.

I had the chance to listen to a cold startup a while ago.. brutal
It does sound "Angry" when you 1st start it up. Like you just bumped into a sleeping grizzly bear, but then it mellows out when warm. It's been cold and rainy since I got it so I haven't had a chance to open it up a little with the windows down. I play my music kind of loud so I don't get much in cabin engine noise but you can feel the rumble when you hit it.

Truthfully I think the exhaust sound is enough for me. If I did add one of the aftermarket systems, I would get the milder version of their options. I only have 265 miles on it so the exhaust still hasn't built up enough carbon on it to settle into it's final tone yet.
      10-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #44
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomM3 View Post
nice pics ~ ! glad i got that color for my m3.....the wait continues
How much longer?