BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #23
troymi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblack750
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymi View Post
Appreciate everyone's comments. Seems to be an active board.

I'm going to replace the grilles; not a fan of that chrome "teeth" out front on the carbon black. Either M Performance black or the blach with the chrome accents; haven't decided yet. I have to find more pics before I make a decision.

Trying to find a set of summer wheels also, but I have a couple months to "browse" until I find my taste. I'll probably end up with the same style 351s but staggered. Anyone have any comment on their staggered wheel setup they could share? Change the vehicle behavior at all or just looks?

Need to find a good trunk liner also, anyone find anything better than the Weathertech? Oh, and the pedals. Then spring will bring window tint.
Let me know if you want me to take some pics of my black with chrome accents grille. I actually thought I was ordering an all black grille from BMW, but I ended up with the black / chrome one. I ended up liking it quite a bit.
Yes please. Trying to see reality
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #24
jwblack750
MBACPA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 640xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
These were some I had handy on my phone, but I'm happy to take more, if you like! The chrome is almost between true chrome and their liquid black. It's subtle, and gives it just a bit of reflection that I like more than solid black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #25
troymi
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblack750
Quote:
These were some I had handy on my phone, but I'm happy to take more, if you like! The chrome is almost between true chrome and their liquid black. It's subtle, and gives it just a bit of reflection that I like more than solid black.
Thanks for the shots. I was hoping to find pics of a black or carbon car with different grill options.

I saw a thread that has a car with a chrome surround and the double slats in matte black. I think that will be my first attempt
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 04:49 PM   #26
troymi
Lieutenant
Rep

My first F13 Mod!!

Ok, obviously the car is crazy dirty. And, it's not an M6 I know.

But, I just couldn't wrap my head around the black trim on the M Perf grilles on the carbon black. Maybe I'll change my mind later. But, for now, this is the look I wanted. OEM M6 grille. At least I took the 6 off, right?

This was way more pain in the asx than the X5 for sure. About 30 minutes if anyone's keeping count!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0