BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      01-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
rcesimo
Rep
Drives: N/A

M6 GC - 2 questions

Was planning on going from my current F10 M5 to a 2014 E63 AMG by the end of the year. But after what they unveiled, I'm not interested anymore, despite the power and the 4WD. So back to looking for alternatives. My current choice would be an M6 GC, and I have 2 questions for current GC owners.

How comfortable are the rear seats; are they comfortable enough for two adults and possibly a kid too?

Also, my understanding is that the moonroof is available in the GC, but won't be available in the M6 GC, is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcesimo View Post
Was planning on going from my current F10 M5 to a 2014 E63 AMG by the end of the year. But after what they unveiled, I'm not interested anymore, despite the power and the 4WD. So back to looking for alternatives. My current choice would be an M6 GC, and I have 2 questions for current GC owners.

How comfortable are the rear seats; are they comfortable enough for two adults and possibly a kid too?

Also, my understanding is that the moonroof is available in the GC, but won't be available in the M6 GC, is that correct?
The GC is very comfortable and the back is also fine for two adults but not ideal to seat 3 people. (Roof is kind of low but shouldn't be an issue)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
nwills
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

It all depends on the size of the adults in the back.

I'm 6ft and have to put my seat all the way back to sit comfortably at the wheel. As a result the leg room in the back is next to none.

With two adults in the front with an average height..the rear legroom would be very tight unless the front adults move their seats way up at which point they would be uncomfortable.

Most of the videos I've seen with adults demonstrating the rear legroom had the front seats moved way up...much too close to be comfortable in front.

Let's just put it this way...the rear seats are a practical solution if you need to carry 4 people in the car for a regular length drive or commute occasionally (read once in a blue moon). If you're looking for something that will truly enable you to transport 4 adults on a regular basis...no go!

Keep in mind the middle seat has the console removing leg room....the middle passenger has to straddle the console.

I tried taking my 2 kids in their boosters and one adult sitting in the middle straddled over the console and couldn't make it work.

The moonroof doesn't open on the 650GC...it only tilts. Don't think there's anything on the M6GC.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwills View Post
It all depends on the size of the adults in the back.

I'm 6ft and have to put my seat all the way back to sit comfortably at the wheel. As a result the leg room in the back is next to none.

With two adults in the front with an average height..the rear legroom would be very tight unless the front adults move their seats way up at which point they would be uncomfortable.

Most of the videos I've seen with adults demonstrating the rear legroom had the front seats moved way up...much too close to be comfortable in front.

Let's just put it this way...the rear seats are a practical solution if you need to carry 4 people in the car for a regular length drive or commute occasionally (read once in a blue moon). If you're looking for something that will truly enable you to transport 4 adults on a regular basis...no go!

Keep in mind the middle seat has the console removing leg room....the middle passenger has to straddle the console.

I tried taking my 2 kids in their boosters and one adult sitting in the middle straddled over the console and couldn't make it work.

The moonroof doesn't open on the 650GC...it only tilts. Don't think there's anything on the M6GC.
I'm also 6Ft and my brother who is 6'1" has no issues sitting behind me. Infact that was one of the tests I did in the showroom before buying one. I think ones proportions and general preferences on driving position matter just as much as their height.

My impressions are 4 up its a very comfortable cabin, front or back I'd be happy to cover a couple of hundred miles in it. The fifth seat on the other hand is only suitable for short journeys (20 - 30 mins at a push), unless you have relatively small people in the back (in terms of height and girth).

However, without the fifth seat it would have been a no go for me, so I'm glad BMW didn't go the CLS or early A7 route.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

There is enough room in the back for adults and the roof in the M6GC is gonna be made from CF just like the M6 coupe.
      01-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #6
HatersGonHateSMH
Banned
Rep
Drives: Frozen white m5/Fire orange m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcesimo

I used to have a white 640 gc and it could fit a full car if teenagers 18-19
Appreciate 0