BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
M_PWR
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 Coupe

Achieving the best 1/4 Mile time in your F13 M6

Hi Guys,

Wanting some feedback as to what other m6 owners have found to be the most effective way to run the 1/4 mile as fast as possible in your M6?

Is using launch control better or worse? Do you manual shift or leave it in auto? Also best suspension setting etc? Traction off completely or not etc.

If you could let me know what you did and time you ran that would be great. Also if there is a better way to set it up for a car with exhaust dp intake and tune?

Also best tyres, pressures etc would love to get a low 11 or a high 10 with exhaust dp intake and tune and your insight would be appreciated.

Very interested to hear your findings.

Cheers
Ray
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
Nawwledge
Fast Lane
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M6, BMW X5, Mercedes S550

Hi Ray,

I have a stock 2013 M6 Coupe, and quite regularly go to my local dragstrip. Unfortunately, the stock F12 M6 is NOT a drag queen by any measure. It IS however, a beast from a roll.
My personal best time was 12.1 @ 126 mph (which is fairly average among the M6's but TERRIBLE considering the modern competition) and my best 0-100 time (I'm Canadian lol) was 3.7 seconds.
I know Car&Driver have managed to get the Grand-Coupe to 11.7 @ 124 mph and am still trying to figure out how they managed to get that figure (I also run 93 octane, stock tires, dunno if my dragstrip accounts for 1 foot rollout). My usual set up is:
manual shifter mode (to modulate the throttle and negate wheelspin) , MDM mode, sportiest acceleration, sportiest gear change, comfort suspension (to get better traction as you have less bounce), NO burnout (don't know if this actually makes a difference, but I am going to try next time I go).

I invite other members on the board to also post their best times and provide any insight on their experiences.

Thanks,
Khan
P.S. If you live in Toronto hit me up!

Last edited by Nawwledge; 06-11-2017 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #3
M_PWR
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 Coupe

Hey mate thanks for the feedback. The discrepancy in times between users even on the M5 side is quite large so definetly there must be a more effective way to get these cars of the line.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #4
ARC550
Major
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, 720s, X5, 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_PWR View Post
Hi Guys,

Wanting some feedback as to what other m6 owners have found to be the most effective way to run the 1/4 mile as fast as possible in your M6?

Is using launch control better or worse? Do you manual shift or leave it in auto? Also best suspension setting etc? Traction off completely or not etc.

If you could let me know what you did and time you ran that would be great. Also if there is a better way to set it up for a car with exhaust dp intake and tune?

Also best tyres, pressures etc would love to get a low 11 or a high 10 with exhaust dp intake and tune and your insight would be appreciated.

Very interested to hear your findings.

Cheers
Ray
Check my Threads.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
Msizzle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

you can't use mdm, obviously the car cuts power to get traction, you have to modulate throttle your self
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
lchdezm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW ///M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawwledge View Post
Hi Ray,

I have a stock 2013 M6 Coupe, and quite regularly go to my local dragstrip. Unfortunately, the stock F12 M6 is NOT a drag queen by any measure. It IS however, a beast from a roll.
My personal best time was 12.1 @ 126 mph (which is fairly average among the M6's but TERRIBLE considering the modern competition) and my best 0-100 time (I'm Canadian lol) was 3.7 seconds.
I know Car&Driver have managed to get the Grand-Coupe to 11.7 @ 124 mph and am still trying to figure out how they managed to get that figure (I also run 93 octane, stock tires, dunno if my dragstrip accounts for 1 foot rollout). My usual set up is:
manual shifter mode (to modulate the throttle and negate wheelspin) , MDM mode, sportiest acceleration, sportiest gear change, comfort suspension (to get better traction as you have less bounce), NO burnout (don't know if this actually makes a difference, but I am going to try next time I go).

I invite other members on the board to also post their best times and provide any insight on their experiences.

Thanks,
Khan
P.S. If you live in Toronto hit me up!

the burnout actually helps a lot and also lower your tire pressure to 25 psi you will get more traction also Traction Control completely off
Appreciate 0