BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-02-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
AG07
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 GC

RW carbon or Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser

Anyone has any experience with RW Carbon? I'm looking to get the rear diffuser, trunk spoiler, front lip, side skirts for my M6 GC and I can't make a decision whether I should spend the money with Vorsteiner products or go w RW and save some.
Any advice would be appreciated
thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

I got the RW Carbon and am pleased with it. The fitment wasn't 100% perfect, but was close enough for my tastes. Standing behind the vehicle it is indistinguishable from th M Performance one.

The M Performance one looks identical and does have slightly better figment (I had one on my M4). But with the M6 diffuser from BMW being three times as much as RW Carbon, it was a no brainer. While I prefer to buy OEM, something as simple as a diffuser doesn't make a big difference to me if it is aftermarket.

Install was slightly longer than anticipated to get the best figment. I was expecting a 15 minute install, but it ended taking about half an hour. Not bad though. It probably didn't help that I did it without any jacks and in the middle of a February winter!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
AG07
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundstream View Post
I got the RW Carbon and am pleased with it. The fitment wasn't 100% perfect, but was close enough for my tastes. Standing behind the vehicle it is indistinguishable from th M Performance one.

The M Performance one looks identical and does have slightly better figment (I had one on my M4). But with the M6 diffuser from BMW being three times as much as RW Carbon, it was a no brainer. While I prefer to buy OEM, something as simple as a diffuser doesn't make a big difference to me if it is aftermarket.

Install was slightly longer than anticipated to get the best figment. I was expecting a 15 minute install, but it ended taking about half an hour. Not bad though. It probably didn't help that I did it without any jacks and in the middle of a February winter!

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
gregmb
master chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG07 View Post
Anyone has any experience with RW Carbon? I'm looking to get the rear diffuser, trunk spoiler, front lip, side skirts for my M6 GC and I can't make a decision whether I should spend the money with Vorsteiner products or go w RW and save some.
Any advice would be appreciated
thanks in advance
Initially I went with front lip spoiler, rear diffuser and black chrome cosmetic package from IND (top brands), which all looked great. After a few months, the front lip spoiler got trashed by the wife (let the car roll inadvertently roll over a tall curb due to unfamiliarity with the DCT) So, I replaced the front lip spoiler with RW Carbon and it looked fine (comparable quality, fit and finish). No complaints from me and about 1/3 the cost of the first lip spoiler, so overall good experience with RW Carbon.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

I have an authentic Vorsteiner rear diffuser; fitment is 95% at best. Disappointing since I expected OEM like fitment. Furthermore, after 2 years, it is all scratched up and one of the fins has an avulsion fracture. You cannot really see it unless you scrutinize the diffuser. However, at the end of the day, these rear diffusers are bound to get damaged due to the location and low clearance of the M6. You need to ask yourself if this is something worth spending over $2000 for.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #6
bravo261
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650

I'd try the RW since the difference is pretty vast. I have the 3d Design diffuser and ended up having a shop drill and bolt the thing since I couldn't get it to like the hamann I had before it. And my hamann front needed the bumper to come off and installed at a tuner shop since a BMW body shop couldn't figure out the simple figment either.

Basically, I'm wondering if anything truly fits 100%
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #7
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

If you guys dont mind please post some pics of your diffusers. I just sold my Vorsteiner one off my car and would love to see what options are available.

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #8
gregmb
master chief
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KauvSTi View Post
If you guys dont mind please post some pics of your diffusers. I just sold my Vorsteiner one off my car and would love to see what options are available.
Ok - here's a quick iphone pic of my 3D design rear diffuser which I bought from IND about six months ago (with Akra exhaust).
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Nate@IND2863.00
      07-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #9
SS3935
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe

I think the 3D Design is the best diffuser. The Vorsteiner one is too aggressive in my view and prone to scratching the rear on steep driveways or curbs.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #10
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650I

I always liked the Enlaes diffuser compared to my vorsteiner but you don't see them to often.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #11
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmb View Post
Ok - here's a quick iphone pic of my 3D design rear diffuser which I bought from IND about six months ago (with Akra exhaust).
Looks great! Do you have more angles? Love your color combo btw!!

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #12
gregmb
master chief
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KauvSTi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmb View Post
Looks great! Do you have more angles? Love your color combo btw!!
Thanks - took a few months of searching to find this color combo. Here's a couple more iPhone pics of the rear.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0