BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-22-2015, 10:36 PM   #23
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftn7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Welllll, regardless- you have an M. A great one at that!

In the m6-You don't "feel" everything as you would in an M3. Most of my friends are shocked when we're going 100 in mine because it seriously feels like we're going 65. And as you know- it's a massive car, coupe, cabrio or GC. It's just two total different beasts.

Personally- I'm with you on the m4 design. However I did go in to test drive one when shopping for a second M6, and it just felt...meh. So I opted to put in an order for a 16 coupe.

What I would do, is trade the m3 in a heart beat- not because it's a bad car by any means- but once you get used to an M6, there's really no going back. The power is insane, people constantly marvel at the vehicle, it's just an awesome awesome car.
I am going to see how they talk tomorrow regarding numbers. At the end of the day I own a Porsche, SL and the M3 so it is not like I am desperate. I do like the M6 quite a bit and if they do not try to hammer me with numbers tomorrow I will gladly have them take the M3 back and ship me the M6. The wife isn't very happy with the M3 because it lacks the luxury of most of our cars and so that is weighing heavy too on my decision.
Bro! Say no more!

"Happy wife happy life"
Right??

You know what to do (btw that's a nice stable you've got there)
      03-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #24
shiftn7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14 SL550, 14 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Bro! Say no more!

"Happy wife happy life"
Right??

You know what to do (btw that's a nice stable you've got there)
Yeah just tough to make an $8k mistake but hey I have thought of just buying it outright and sale the M3 to my brother in law after his wedding next year. Thanks on the stable I want to add a Ferrari to it (if I can say that on a BMW forum)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 09:35 PM   #25
shiftn7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14 SL550, 14 M6

well the guy wanted to hit my 2015 M3 at $65k on trade when it books out at $69-73k. So I told them to pound sand. They will have to certify the M6 on Monday so this sales manager not selling the car has lost on both counts. Looks like I will be keeping the M3 and possibly trading the SL 550 for a 2016 M6 (maybe). The final conversation is in the morning so unless they give me the additional $4k I am walking.
Also BMW corporate is set to call me before Friday so it may get interesting.
Appreciate 0