BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      01-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
rx8wanki
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp Skyscraper Grey

How to remove the door panel on my 640d?!

Hey guys

I want to get rid of my piano black interior trim and also want to install a pair of M6 mirrors .
I already removed all other parts of the interior trim , only the trims of the door panels are left but I cant remove the door panels (Tried it for more than one hour with different tools)
I already removed the screw near the mirror on the upper right side and pulled out all of the clips on both sides and the bottom but the panel still holds very very strong in the middle.

I searched for any other topic on this one and found another one where someone explained the removal and said that theres really only one screw on the whole panel but after my tries Im not sure if that ist correct.

Maybe someone of you guys could help me out with some pictures of the removed panel or something else useful
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:28 PM   #2
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Alas, I don't have the information you requested. I, too, am very cautious (if not downright paranoid) when removing interior panels. I have seen some connectors that look like a reverse Christmas tree (and some other odd configurations) that really tests one's nerve to get out from the backing panel, but that is little comfort when confronting the possibility of breaking a very expensive piece of trim (or a whole door panel)!

If nobody else posts the answer, consider getting a one-day ($30 USD) subscription to BMW's Tech Info System (https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/) and you most likely will find all the info you need.

When you find out, I would love to know the answer to that mystery. Please post the answer so that we all can benefit.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0