BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-07-2023, 11:53 AM   #1
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Readiness testing

Hi guys anyone have sny insite to readiness testing and or what the tests are and how to properly complete them.

I have searched and seen a lot if the drive cycle graphs and requirements and was curious if there is any more info on it.

Reason being im having quite the difficult time getting my 02 sensors to ready up.

I am stage 2 catless with a dme tune. I hsve had the tune on for over 5 years now snd never had any issue with this actually readiness test. I know it will go into ready status.

I have recently replaced all 4 02 sensors and MAFs. I was chasing down a lean code P0131 which was my eventuri intake tubes being loose. Corrected that and the fault gas not returned. I havent put a lot of miles on it since but my only monitors having a hard time setting are 02 sensor. The heater is good. Fuel system will ready. Evap is fine.

Any insite is greatly appreciated.
      11-07-2023, 04:48 PM   #2
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well looks like it ready’d. I guess i just needed some more miles or to complete the drive cycle again with the replaced secondary o2 sensors.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future
      11-07-2023, 06:30 PM   #3
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
Hi guys anyone have sny insite to readiness testing and or what the tests are and how to properly complete them.

I have searched and seen a lot if the drive cycle graphs and requirements and was curious if there is any more info on it.

Reason being im having quite the difficult time getting my 02 sensors to ready up.

I am stage 2 catless with a dme tune. I hsve had the tune on for over 5 years now snd never had any issue with this actually readiness test. I know it will go into ready status.

I have recently replaced all 4 02 sensors and MAFs. I was chasing down a lean code P0131 which was my eventuri intake tubes being loose. Corrected that and the fault gas not returned. I havent put a lot of miles on it since but my only monitors having a hard time setting are 02 sensor. The heater is good. Fuel system will ready. Evap is fine.

Any insite is greatly appreciated.
Yes I just went though this , if you disconnected the battery at any time it will rest the system , You have to go on a long highway drive non stop for a good 60 -100 miles , if you have 1 X it’s ok as long as you have no check engine light your good
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 08:34 PM   #4
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

I did that actually to reset my readiness before. I thought i had to reset them them. It was over 1k miles i drove once with no cel and they wouldnt ready. I found this though tk be the definitive guide for readiness for our cars.
Attached Images