BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-17-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
rsr racer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

In a word: sinister

Driving home tonight, I was extremely happy to come up behind my first sighting of another M6 in the wild. This one was a beautiful GC and I had a chance to admire it from different perspectives. Gave the driver a toot of the horn and a thumbs up as I passed him. He tucked in neatly behind me and that is when it struck me....

The visage of the front end of a black M6 in my rear view mirror was immediately intimidating. I was momentarily envious of it and then realized at I too was driving such a beast.

I thoroughly enjoyed the moment and now I know what other cars see when I'm behind them and why they give me a look like they've seen the devil incarnate as I pass them.

Loving this car.

A lot.
      03-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr racer
Driving home tonight, I was extremely happy to come up behind my first sighting of another M6 in the wild. This one was a beautiful GC and I had a chance to admire it from different perspectives. Gave the driver a toot of the horn and a thumbs up as I passed him. He tucked in neatly behind me and that is when it struck me....

The visage of the front end of a black M6 in my rear view mirror was immediately intimidating. I was momentarily envious of it and then realized at I too was driving such a beast.

I thoroughly enjoyed the moment and now I know what other cars see when I'm behind them and why they give me a look like they've seen the devil incarnate as I pass them.

Loving this car.

A lot.
Amazing read man. This has happened to me once (also a black m6) in the late evening- and you're right, it IS intimidating.

I've seriously had reconsiderations on my color choice, want a black one. Day or night, looks so sinister.
      03-17-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Awesome read. I was in NYC the other day when a brand new 650GC pulled behind me. Those LED headlights are so sexy but menacing, and the car itself as well. If the non-M can look so badass, the ///M6 is even more sinister.

When the time comes within the next few months to switch to an M6 hopefully, I sort of want to do an exotic color so it stands out from the crowd, but every time i see a dark-color F06/F12/F13, especially like a Frozen Black or Grey, they always win me over. It's such a clean and stealthy, yet aggressive look. Decisions, decisions.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #4
kris1858
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M8 Competition

Garage List
2016 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Amazing read man. This has happened to me once (also a black m6) in the late evening- and you're right, it IS intimidating.

I've seriously had reconsiderations on my color choice, want a black one. Day or night, looks so sinister.
+1
Black Sapphire Metallic.... can't wait lol
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #5
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT
Awesome read. I was in NYC the other day when a brand new 650GC pulled behind me. Those LED headlights are so sexy but menacing, and the car itself as well. If the non-M can look so badass, the ///M6 is even more sinister.

When the time comes within the next few months to switch to an M6 hopefully, I sort of want to do an exotic color so it stands out from the crowd, but every time i see a dark-color F06/F12/F13, especially like a Frozen Black or Grey, they always win me over. It's such a clean and stealthy, yet aggressive look. Decisions, decisions.
I'd definitely recommend going frozen black or grey for factory color.

From there- if you want to wrap it an exotic color- then go for it. But no 3m matte wrap, black grey, white or silver- ever looks as good as the real deal from bmw.
      03-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #6
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post

+1
Black Sapphire Metallic.... can't wait lol
I'm seriously considering changing my 2016 order from frozen grey to frozen black...

It'll really make the white interior POP. But damn, any black paint from Bmw is just so damn good on the m6. Takes seeing it in person to truly appreciate it
      03-18-2015, 08:03 AM   #7
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

Believe it or not, in a Metro area of 6m people, I have only seen 1 M6 other than mine and the ones on the lot.

But I snapped this pic a few weeks ago just after I washed it, and you are right, it looks crazy mean up front.

Appreciate 1
      03-20-2015, 01:33 AM   #8
clarkk41
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

I do love knowing that this is what cars see driving behind them. Sinister was always my goal
Attached Images

RETIRED - Space Gray 2009 528I -Space Gray 2012 550I
Appreciate 1