BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
Is this paintjob acceptable?

I got my three month old M6GC's front and rear bumpers repainted two weeks ago due to some unfortunate circumstances. It was done at AW Collision of Beverly Hills, which is the recommended shop from Beverly Hills BMW and also the only BMW Certified shop in my area. Beverly Hills BMW paid for the front bumper repair as my car got lot damage while in for service. The rear bumper was done through insurance at a cost of $2300... When I got my car back I noticed that the metallic flakes in my front and rear bumper were more prominent than the rest of the car. I did not notice this before. I've taken some photos, but it's hard to show what the eye sees. The shop is willing to repaint the bumpers, but I don't want to do it if it's going to turn out the same again. Can anyone with Silverstone Metallic check their bumpers and see if the metallic flakes are more prominent in that area? Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Ok...I'm just going to speak as an outsider here (so don't take this in any way wrong) but I see nothing wrong. Just beautiful SS

Mind you, if it were my car- my eyes would see things others don't, especially when it comes to attention to detail.
      03-20-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Im looking at this on a phone, but cant really tell a difference. Im assuming its more prominent in person? My last car was Mineral White, which is notoriously difficult to match when respraying. A little while back some woman brushed the rear bumper on the PCH. Pretty minor but still needed a bumper refinishing and respray. Before i had it done i took a look at the bumpers compared to the metal panels, and even though the metallic pattern matched the tone was still slightly different even from the factory. Im guessing it has something to do with the plasticizer mixed in the paint so itd stick to the plastic bumper without cracking. Minor difference, but noticeable at close stare. After the repaint i could notice a slight difference in metallic density but it still looked pretty good to me. Had it done at Brown and Sons in West LA who has a great rep for BMW repair. Maybe you should bring it by them if youre concerned and see what they say about the quality. I remember it only being around 7 or 800 dollars total billed to her insurance. Did you have some other type of repair done on the bumper area to bring the cost up so much higher?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #4
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
the rear bumper had to be replaced as the shop said there was a lane departure warning sensor just beneath the blemish and if they were to bondo fill the scrape it would mess up the sensitivity (according to BMW certifications). Otherwise they quoted me 830 to repaint the rear bumper.

Doesn anyone have Silverstone II on their car?
Appreciate 0