BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #1
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Looking for advice - I purchased a lemon USED!

Edit: sorry for the really long post. If you want to skip the back story jump to the fifth paragraph. Just really frustrated right now!

Hey guys,

My wife and I took delivery of our 2013 F12 M6 on May 29 of this year. We purchased it from Neda Shahrokhi at BMW of Beverly Hills. I can't imagine my experience with them was unique, so I'm sure many of you know how absolutely incompetent, deceiving, and outright liars these people are. It took us over three weeks to complete the deal even though they are a set price dealer! Over the course of the three weeks we spoke with Neda Shahrokhi a grand total of one time in which she was incredibly rude and made it very clear that she could not care less if we bought the car or were even happy. The other million times we tried to get in touch with her or anyone remotely competent we were directed to one of the members of her "team". It actually made me laugh at how arrogant these people were, but at the same time so damn stupid! It took me over a week to get proper pictures of the driver seat! I actually had to photograph pictures of my own seat and send them as an example. Nothing else happened over the course of this week - just back and forth on how to take a picture! Thankfully I have absolutely all of my communications with these people through email, text, and also lovely gopro video of every phone conversation including the one with Neda Shahrokhi!

Now you may be asking yourself, "why the hell did he put up with these idiots"! In retrospect it was a huge mistake, but I had always had such good experiences with every other bmw dealer I have dealt with, and I always went way above and beyond with every type of question, so on this deal I decided that I was going to trust the dealer. On top of this, this was one of the only white M6 convertibles in the country, and our M3 lease was ending, so my wife needed a replacement car asap. Furthermore, I was 100% ready to cancel the deal, but a wonderful lady named Joyce Jung, who is the finance manager, ended up doing the last 35% of Neda Shaahrokhi job along with all the finance work. Joyce Jung was great to work with, and was the only reason that I went through with the deal.

I told myself, "these people are just ass holes and probably sell a ton of these cars and don't really care about their customers, but the car is a CPO with only 19k miles so it will be great when it gets here". Unfortunately this couldn't be further from the truth.

The condition of the car was terrible - worse than any bmw I have ever owned, even when I have sold them at 4x the milage. I noticed that once we paid for our car they listed another white M6 with black interior for sale, so I am tempted to say that some of the pictures I received may have come from this car. Anyway, that's not the real reason for this post.

Since taking delivery the car has been in the shop for over a month, and is still no where near in working order. Tons of small issues I wont even get into. The car can't make it a thousand miles without needing oil. It had a coolant leak that was topped up four times. The first time I took it in they couldn't find the leak, within a couple hundred miles and topping it up two more times they said drop the car off its not safe to drive (even though I had clearly driven it long enough to cause damage already). The RPM's jump up and down 500+ at idle. Its so bad that its distracting watching it on the HUD! They have changed out a ton of engine parts like spark plugs, coils etc, but also informed me that per their scan the prior 98 fill ups had been done with 87 grade fuel! He said you're going to need to run it hard to get all the build up from the previous owners misuse! That doesn't sound like something you would want to hear about a 60k mile car from a buy here pay here let alone a CPO car from a BMW dealer!

On top of this the car has been slow to crank when cold the last few days, and is of course at the dealer being topped up for oil again. Also, when we go over a bump or uneven pavement going 60 mph or up, you hear a buzzing sound coming from inside the base of the steering wheel! This was not here until about 3k miles ago, and has already been to the shop once and returned with the same problem. I don't know what the problem is, and apparently they don't either (although I was told there was a Service Bullitin for this issue), but it does not make me feel comfortable knowing something is wrong with my wife's steering wheels when I have read threads of the steering going completely out on these cars at 100 mph! What the hell would my wife be able to do in that situation? She doesn't drive that fast, but she is currently on the interstate right now, and it is not a good feeling. As we sit now there are 4-5 issue that need to be addressed with this car and it has only been out of the shop for a week and a half!

I have tried to make this thread as short as possible, and I apoligize for the lenght. I could crash this website if I published all the stuff I have on Beverly Hills BMW and Neda Shahrokhi and the awful way they treated us, and thats not even the reason I'm making the thread (I will do all that at a later date). My question to you guys is:

What recourse do I have, and what can/will BMW do for me to make this right?

My solution in a perfect world would be that they would allow me to trade my car in on another M6 with similar miles, and do so in a manner that I am not getting destroyed on the trade. Will BMW buy the car back at a fair price if I let them know what is going on? Has anyone else had an issue like this and if so how was it handled? I really love this car and want to keep it a bit longer than normal (maybe up to two years), but I do not feel confident that the issues will ever be resolved, and honestly so far I can not think of many worse car buying situations. I was treated like crap and also bought a piece of crap!

I also want to make one thing clear. My local dealership, Don Jacobs, has been nothing but a joy to work with. I have never had any issues out of them, or any other bmw dealer for that matter, which is why I let my guard down with Beverly Hills BMW and Neda Shahrokhi. Don Jacobs is in a bad situation, because this car has clearly been abused in a manner in which IMO comes close to voiding the factory warranty, and they are doing their best to fix it.

Thank you for any possible help guys. I have wanted to write this thread for a while now but I was hoping things would get worked out because the car really is awesome!

Last edited by Db750; 11-03-2016 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you reached out to the manager at BMW Beverly Hills or anyone at corporate/BMW USA?
Appreciate 1
Db750278.00
      11-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #3
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Drake View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you reached out to the manager at BMW Beverly Hills or anyone at corporate/BMW USA?
Hey Bobby_Drake, thank you for your reply. The car was shipped to us which took about a week's time. In that time we did not hear from BMW Beverly Hills at all, and never did hear from them after the car was delivered. I considered calling them to complain about the condition of the car, but I already knew that was not going to help at all. The other issues we either did not notice immediately, or it took a few weeks for them to start.

I am an amateur car detailer (I have done work for pay but mostly just my own cars and friends and family) so I have been able to fix most of the cosmetic stuff. I have spent over 20 hours alone with my Rupes DA going over the car. Sadly there are some things I can't fix such as the terrible front bumper paint job that is not even remotely close and includes overspray on the black mesh grill, or the leather that is destroyed on the drivers seat and steering wheel. I have spent at least ten hours on the seat and steering wheel using every type of cleaner out there including a steamer and nothing will fix it. The steering wheel looks like it was held in the hands of the dirtiest person on earth for its entire existance, and the seat looks worse than any of my cars ever have even with 75k and up miles. The side bolsters are cracked and discolored.

I have also not called BMW NA. This is actually what I want to do, but I am just looking for some guidance as to who to talk to or what to say. Like I said, I love the car. This is my seventh BMW in the last 8 years, and one of my favorites. I am not looking for any type of compensation, nor do I car anything about what happens to that wretched excuse Neda Shahrokhi (although I hope no one here will make my same mistake). I just want the car I signed up to buy - a CPO M6 convertible that has normal wear for a 19k mile car, that has not been abused or mistreated, and that is within normal specs as far as reliability go. The level of abuse that this previous owner has subjected the car to, per my service advisor, leads me to believe that my current car will never satisfy the above, and furthermore I do not feel safe with my wife traveling at higher speeds or out of the city with it. If I had filled up 98 times with 87 octane fuel and brought the car in with these problems, IMO they would make me pay for it because it would be my fault!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

I had a smaller issue with my car. I purchased my '14 M6 GC from Perillo BMW in Chicago. Everything was done via email and fedex. I never saw the car in person or test drove it. I did send a friend to visually inspect the car and it was flawless. The car only had 5000 miles. When it was shipped to me in San Diego, the driver seat side bolster had so many scratches that it looked like someone took sand paper and started sanding down the seats. Also the driver side mirror also had scratches. Since I had proof that the car's interior was flawless and exterior as well when I signed the documents, I brought it up to the dealer. Of course, they blamed the transport company. They asked me to bring it up to the transport company and have them pay for the damages. I initially reasoned out that since Perillo BMW contracted the transport company, they should be able to take care of the minor scuffs on my car and they can go after the transport co. themselves. Perillo BMW refused and I took it up to BMW NA. In the meantime, I ended up having the leather side bolster replaced and BMW NA and Perillo BMW came up with a resolution. They offered me $450 cash or a $1000 credit. Since it only cost me $400 to fix the seats, and I still have minor scratches on the driver side mirror, I negotiated for them to send me some OEM CF mirror caps (which was valued at over $1200). The dealership manager agreed and that's how they settled my issue. However, it was not without the help of BMW NA.

So with respect to your issue, take it up to BMW NA and have them deal with the dealership and see how they can come up with a resolution.
Appreciate 1
Db750278.00
      11-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #5
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Drake View Post
I had a smaller issue with my car. I purchased my '14 M6 GC from Perillo BMW in Chicago. Everything was done via email and fedex. I never saw the car in person or test drove it. I did send a friend to visually inspect the car and it was flawless. The car only had 5000 miles. When it was shipped to me in San Diego, the driver seat side bolster had so many scratches that it looked like someone took sand paper and started sanding down the seats. Also the driver side mirror also had scratches. Since I had proof that the car's interior was flawless and exterior as well when I signed the documents, I brought it up to the dealer. Of course, they blamed the transport company. They asked me to bring it up to the transport company and have them pay for the damages. I initially reasoned out that since Perillo BMW contracted the transport company, they should be able to take care of the minor scuffs on my car and they can go after the transport co. themselves. Perillo BMW refused and I took it up to BMW NA. In the meantime, I ended up having the leather side bolster replaced and BMW NA and Perillo BMW came up with a resolution. They offered me $450 cash or a $1000 credit. Since it only cost me $400 to fix the seats, and I still have minor scratches on the driver side mirror, I negotiated for them to send me some OEM CF mirror caps (which was valued at over $1200). The dealership manager agreed and that's how they settled my issue. However, it was not without the help of BMW NA.

So with respect to your issue, take it up to BMW NA and have them deal with the dealership and see how they can come up with a resolution.
That is great to hear! I am glad to hear that it worked out for you, and that gives me some hope that maybe my situation can be turned around.

Just to be clear I am not even worried about all the cosmetic stuff. I was planning on having the bad parts painted this spring, and was going to continue to work on the interior and possibly buy a new steering wheel.

What I am upset about is the fact that the car was only run on 87 octane fuel with the exception of when the car was fueled up by the dealer with 3 miles all the way until I took delivery! My SA told me that this and "other previous abuse" is why the car literally constantly is having problems! If I had abused the car this way my thoughts are that any resulting issues like I am having would be paid for on my dime, but since BMW of Beverly Hills decide to pawn this one off as a CPO now I am having to go though fixing all of the problems with this car!

Edit: I am going to wait to see what other replies I get, but I will be calling BMWNA within the next few days. Haven't ever had to do something like this so I want to see what everyone else says. I really appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #6
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

97 fill ups at 200 miles a tank = 19400 miles which is almost spot on where we took delivery of the car!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 10:48 PM   #7
hypnotik126
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

sorry to hear about your car. I also bought my M6 CPO from beverly hills bmw. Thankfully it's in good condition, but I'm with you on beverly hills bmw; If they didn't have the M6 i wanted then I wouldn't have bought it from them...

i've also heard that neda is one of the top BMW salesmen in north america and they gifted her an i8...

same with their service department. it looks good and it's brand new, but it's really the same BS.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #8
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotik126 View Post
sorry to hear about your car. I also bought my M6 CPO from beverly hills bmw. Thankfully it's in good condition, but I'm with you on beverly hills bmw; If they didn't have the M6 i wanted then I wouldn't have bought it from them...

i've also heard that neda is one of the top BMW salesmen in north america and they gifted her an i8...

same with their service department. it looks good and it's brand new, but it's really the same BS.
Thank you for your post, and I am glad to hear that at least your car was in good condition. Like I said, I have never even had a remotely bad car buying experience from a real BMW dealer, so for the first time I let my guard down (like my wife has always begged me to do) and this was the time I should have had my guard up!

And yes, I know all about Neda Shahrokhi, the number one BMW sales person since 1947. Trust me, her lovely "sales team" of which there were countless members, most of which were not listed in the vast employee section of their website, were sure to tell us this at least once per conversation. The level of incompetence that Neda Shahrokhi's team possessed was astounding, and was only surpassed by Neda's in your face way of not giving a damn about anything but the sale. The combination of these two factors gave the impression that they were, as a team, offended and repulsed that I wanted to buy their car.

This was a case of this M6 was literally the only one on the face of the earth that matched our criteria and price range, so we dealt with their BS for three weeks hoping to have a shiny 19k mile CPO M6 show up. If the car wasn't a POS I would have probably never said a word because one it is embarrassing to admit that I took all their crap, and two I am too damn lazy to upload any of the screen shots or videos.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 07:49 PM   #9
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

Sorry about your troubles, but some things you need to know:

1. Oil every thousand miles is normal, I get less than 700. Factory spec is 700 so you will get nothing from BMW.
2. I had coolant issues, it was the turbo coolant lines.
3. The low octane fuel should not cause damage as the car adjusts. I would add the BMW fuel additive and run it hard and fast.

Best of luck

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #10
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
if it has been in the shop for a month for the same problem you need to look at your state's lemon laws, or California's, since that is the law that may apply because that is where the sale ocurred.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 11:58 PM   #11
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS

good luck brother ... I feel for you!
2016 M6 Cabrio, 2015 GLK 250 Bluetec, 2007 M6 Cab, 2011 S63 Amg, 2008 S450, 2006 330xi, 1998 Z24, 2002 Chev Suburban
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 06:12 AM   #12
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

http://lemonlawautofraud.com/califor...law-fact-sheet

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0