BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
naif63
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 650I

after installing the Exhaust

Hey guys. I'm thinking about Eisenmann or MEC design which is the best?

And am I going to loss the booom sound when I up shift on sport mode after installing the exhaust ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

I would go with Eisenmann as they are known to be one of the best for quality. Meistchershaft for sound. I just cut off the OEM mufflers and put in pipes and tips, left the resonators. Sounds better than some $2k exhausts I've heard so before you go spending thousands try to go to a meet or at least listen to sound clips. Would suck pretty bad to spend up to $3k and not like how your car sounds.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #3
naif63
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
I would go with Eisenmann as they are known to be one of the best for quality. Meistchershaft for sound. I just cut off the OEM mufflers and put in pipes and tips, left the resonators. Sounds better than some $2k exhausts I've heard so before you go spending thousands try to go to a meet or at least listen to sound clips. Would suck pretty bad to spend up to $3k and not like how your car sounds.
How much did it cost you? How does it sounds like? Like a AMG? Is it too noisey when you drive normal? is that okay with the warranty?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by naif63 View Post
How much did it cost you? How does it sounds like? Like a AMG? Is it too noisey when you drive normal? is that okay with the warranty?

Thanks
In regards to warranty it varies from dealer to dealer, some care, some don't, mine does not care about these kind of mods, if you come in there with a chip and an intake they may have some problems but my car has the muffler delete performed by Exhaust pro and I supplied the tips, they did the piping work and welded the tips on for about $250. That's including stainless steel piping and welds, hangers, and they welded in the threaded studs for the grounding straps on the exhaust so everything is just like OEM except no mufflers. There's a sound clip here (click the first pic) in the link I posted of the sound: http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989746

It's not noisy at all if you're out of sport mode, in sport mode it has a little drone and sounds amazing like a TT V8 should when you open it up! For under $400 including tips I don't think there's any other way to go. Turner motorsports sells the same kit I had made for the M5/6 for around $1200 without install. Look up turner m6 muffler delete and that's pretty much the exact set up I'm running.

These were the exact tips I used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-STAINLESS-...63b37b&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 06:28 AM   #5
naif63
Private
Rep

Quote:
In regards to warranty it varies from dealer to dealer, some care, some don't, mine does not care about these kind of mods, if you come in there with a chip and an intake they may have some problems but my car has the muffler delete performed by Exhaust pro and I supplied the tips, they did the piping work and welded the tips on for about $250. That's including stainless steel piping and welds, hangers, and they welded in the threaded studs for the grounding straps on the exhaust so everything is just like OEM except no mufflers. There's a sound clip here (click the first pic) in the link I posted of the sound: http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989746

It's not noisy at all if you're out of sport mode, in sport mode it has a little drone and sounds amazing like a TT V8 should when you open it up! For under $400 including tips I don't think there's any other way to go. Turner motorsports sells the same kit I had made for the M5/6 for around $1200 without install. Look up turner m6 muffler delete and that's pretty much the exact set up I'm running.

These were the exact tips I used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-STAINLESS-...63b37b&vxp=mtr

In the loooong term does affect the car I'm thinking to keep the car for 3 more years or maybe more.

So from beginning to finish how much did it coast you including installation and everything.

Was wondering why didn't you get M6 tips? And M6 diffuser?

since you have some black details why don't you wrap your mirrors with black and the sides of your front bumper like some dudes do

Again thank you so much bro
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by naif63 View Post
In the loooong term does affect the car I'm thinking to keep the car for 3 more years or maybe more.

So from beginning to finish how much did it coast you including installation and everything.

Was wondering why didn't you get M6 tips? And M6 diffuser?

since you have some black details why don't you wrap your mirrors with black and the sides of your front bumper like some dudes do

Again thank you so much bro
Long term there won't be any effect on the car IMO. If anything the turbos should last longer since you are relieving more back pressure..

It was $100 for the tips and $250-300 for install. Came out to just under $400..

Didn't go M6 tips and diffuser because I don't want to make my car into an M6, Just a beefed up 650i in my own way. I also may be wrapping the entire car in frozen satin chrome and then I will be doing the mirrors in black. Like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 04:44 AM   #7
naif63
Private
Rep

Quote:
Long term there won't be any effect on the car IMO. If anything the turbos should last longer since you are relieving more back pressure..

It was $100 for the tips and $250-300 for install. Came out to just under $400..

Didn't go M6 tips and diffuser because I don't want to make my car into an M6, Just a beefed up 650i in my own way. I also may be wrapping the entire car in frozen satin chrome and then I will be doing the mirrors in black. Like this:
Good point don't want ppl to say you trying to be an m6

Very nice color I'll think about it too

Thanks you so much bro for your help
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 08:25 AM   #8
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
Quote:

I know we are all entitled to our own opinions but to ME who ever did that to a 6 should be shot.
Just my 2¢
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #9
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWnyc View Post
I know we are all entitled to our own opinions but to ME who ever did that to a 6 should be shot.
Just my 2¢
I'm assuming you're older maybe? "If it's too loud, you're too old"

Jokes aside, look at Turners website for the delete and clips of it on the M5/6.. Turbo cars simply don't need $4k mufflers. These cars alread come with 3" piping so you're just not going to see much of a gain in performance and the sound you want already comes from a TT V8 sitting under the hood. It's also just my opinion but aside from having a name brand exhaust and spending all that money, where's the difference? I would rather spend it on wheels, exterior, interior, suspension, etc.
Appreciate 0