BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #45
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
You're the man!!!! Thanks so much!!! Can I run the 2.5 boost if I am averaging 93-95 octane or is it only for higher octane?
no problem man, 2.5 is perfect for 93-95.
3 is only for 100+

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #46
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim View Post
Let's make it public, maybe it will help others too.

How to change PSI level in BMS
1) First of all you need a cable http://www.burgertuning.com/USB_Cable_Extension.html
2) You will need a windows laptop (doesn't matter if it's windows xp, vista, 7 etc.)
3) Then go ahead and download JB3 software right here http://burgertuning.com/jb3_interface_062312.zip

My BMS box was placed here, the plastic cover is really easy to lift by hand (no tools needed)

When you find the BMS box, connect it to pc

after you connect your BMS box to your PC, hit the start engine button once, in your beautiful m6.

Now, go to your laptop; first click on usb_drivers.exe; Wait until it's done, then click on setup.exe

After clicking on setup.exe, go to settings, here you will need to set the right Com Port number. To find it out, right click on "my computer" then "device manager" then click on the little arrow beside "ports". if it says COM4 you write port 4 in settings, if it says PORT1 you write port 1 in settings etc.

When you done with ports, everything is connected and good to go, click on File/Connect

Now go to user adjustment. And change "boost over stock" from 2.25 to 2.5, then click Save. Don't change other values!

You're done! Now you have to disconnect properly. Click on file/disconnect. Turn off your car by clicking on "start/stop engine". Disconnect your PC and everything, put the BMS box back, and that's it.

Go for a test drive to make sure everything is good.
What is the 2.25 to 2.5 boost?

I am getting my BMS tune installed and tuned on the dyno for optimizing this Thursday!

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #47
zoltans4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 650 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim View Post
Let's make it public, maybe it will help others too.

How to change PSI level in BMS
1) First of all you need a cable http://www.burgertuning.com/USB_Cable_Extension.html
2) You will need a windows laptop (doesn't matter if it's windows xp, vista, 7 etc.)
3) Then go ahead and download JB3 software right here http://burgertuning.com/jb3_interface_062312.zip

My BMS box was placed here, the plastic cover is really easy to lift by hand (no tools needed)

When you find the BMS box, connect it to pc

after you connect your BMS box to your PC, hit the start engine button once, in your beautiful m6.

Now, go to your laptop; first click on usb_drivers.exe; Wait until it's done, then click on setup.exe

After clicking on setup.exe, go to settings, here you will need to set the right Com Port number. To find it out, right click on "my computer" then "device manager" then click on the little arrow beside "ports". if it says COM4 you write port 4 in settings, if it says PORT1 you write port 1 in settings etc.

When you done with ports, everything is connected and good to go, click on File/Connect

Now go to user adjustment. And change "boost over stock" from 2.25 to 2.5, then click Save. Don't change other values!

You're done! Now you have to disconnect properly. Click on file/disconnect. Turn off your car by clicking on "start/stop engine". Disconnect your PC and everything, put the BMS box back, and that's it.

Go for a test drive to make sure everything is good.

great post!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #48
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltans4 View Post
great post!
Thanks

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #49
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLeeBMW View Post
What is the 2.25 to 2.5 boost?

I am getting my BMS tune installed and tuned on the dyno for optimizing this Thursday!
pump gas... PSI over stock

Appreciate 0