BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      06-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
menacez
Private
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe

640d GC wheel options

I've got the stock 373 20" on my 640d GC at the moment and wondered what other BMW OEM wheels would work?

I really like the 433M M6 wheels but I understand the OEM doesn't fit and I don't want replicas. So I hear that the 343M M5 wheels are the way to go but the tyres need to be changed - stock are 265 front and 295 rear.

If I put 255 front and 285 rear, would this work ok? I've read other threads that confirm this but I wasn't sure if there is any rubbing on the inside (even at full lock) or whether it sticks out too far beyond the wheel arch.

I understand that with the 255 on the front, the wheel would be 6mm closer to the strut and would stick out 8mm over the current (373M) wheel. The rears with 285 on will be 3mm closer and stick out 23mm further than the current wheels.

Would be curious to hear what the ride and handling quality is like & whether I go with RFT or not - also if there is any safety implications with having smaller tyres on the M5 343M wheels?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0