BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-24-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
HUGE thanks to Kris for updating on his build because had he not- I wouldn't have bugged my CA to see why everyone else was getting bumped up...and guess who did too?!

THIS GUY!

I know I still have a week or two before she goes 150- but I'm dead locked on my build.

2016 LCI m6 Coupe
Frozen Black
Opal white full leather
6spd MT
CCB
Executive package

Should get to Los Angeles mid June!!!
      03-24-2015, 06:58 PM   #2
POBA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Congrats!! Sounds exciting
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #3
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
...and now to start planning the mod list! Congrats, bud. Looking forward to seeing it in person!
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

White interior and black exterior is an awesome combination. I think this was a better choice than the frozen grey. The CCB gold calipers will look good in contrast to the frozen black paint too.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2015, 10:25 PM   #5
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
Quote:
...and now to start planning the mod list! Congrats, bud. Looking forward to seeing it in person!
Already speaking to two vendors for wheels, also- on the order- I requested the dealer put on the M performance steering wheel with LEDs, spoiler and diffuser before drive off
      03-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg13
White interior and black exterior is an awesome combination. I think this was a better choice than the frozen grey. The CCB gold calipers will look good in contrast to the frozen black paint too.
the main reason I got the ccbs was because the comp package obviously isn't available - so I opted for the brakes. However I'm much more a fan of the blue calipers (I'm not a "gold" person per say- the dress was blue! LOL) so I may paint them.

But definitely with you. We researched how many have been built that exact way- and so far, this will be the first with frozen black, white interior and 6 spd
      03-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #7
kris1858
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M8 Competition

Garage List
2016 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
HUGE thanks to Kris for updating on his build because had he not- I wouldn't have bugged my CA to see why everyone else was getting bumped up...and guess who did too?!

THIS GUY!

I know I still have a week or two before she goes 150- but I'm dead locked on my build.

2016 LCI m6 Coupe
Frozen Black
Opal white full leather
6spd MT
CCB
Executive package

Congrats!! Your car will look stunning in frozen black!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 11:36 PM   #8
kris1858
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Heading to PSI (Precision Sport Industries) tomorrow to place my order for the following:
Vorsteiner CF Front Lip Spoiler
Vorsteiner CF Side Skirts (Pair)
Vorsteiner CF Diffuser
Vorsteiner CF Trunk Lid Spoiler
iND CF Side Marker Grills (Pair)
iND CF Front Kidney Grills for Night Vision (Pair)
Dinan CF Cold Air Intake
M Logo Door Lights
AFE CF OEM Engine Cover
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 11:40 PM   #9
kris1858
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Already speaking to two vendors for wheels, also- on the order- I requested the dealer put on the M performance steering wheel with LEDs, spoiler and diffuser before drive off
My dealer is still looking into the M performance parts (CF mirror caps, CF gear shift and MPE)
Let me know if you are able to get any M performance parts. I am hoping my dealer can come through and have them at the port before the car gets there.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #10
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1858
Quote:
My dealer is still looking into the M performance parts (CF mirror caps, CF gear shift and MPE)
Let me know if you are able to get any M performance parts. I am hoping my dealer can come through and have them at the port before the car gets there.
From what was told to me- everything needs to be secured and set before 150. The dealer will put on the parts once getting prepped- but I guess it makes a difference while being built since the parts will be added onto the price of the vehicle rather than sold individually.

Let me ask him where they're getting theirs and I'll update you tomorrow
      03-25-2015, 12:11 AM   #11
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Heading to PSI (Precision Sport Industries) tomorrow to place my order for the following:
Vorsteiner CF Diffuser
Dinan CF Cold Air Intake
M Logo Door Lights
AFE CF OEM Engine Cover
Dropping upwards of 8 grand on a Wednesday-

No big deal
      03-25-2015, 12:40 AM   #12
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Congrats, Mr. S!

Now you get to follow the production steps as you mentioned in the past. That's great fun.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 12:50 AM   #13
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC
Congrats, Mr. S!

Now you get to follow the production steps as you mentioned in the past. That's great fun.
Thanks man!

In other news, one of my bosses son wants my current m6, so he will be assuming the lease (even though I prepaid it) BUT he will compensate me the remaining months upfront.

Which means...I'll be without an M for about a month or two.

At which point I will lose my appetite, probably delete this app from my phone so I don't go insane and start posting rambling threads and become obsessed with tracking the cars progress and pay for the satellite subscription once it gets on a ship so I can wake up at random hours of the day (I record/work at night) just to see it move a millimeter.

It will get here around my birthday though...so it couldn't have happened any better!
      03-25-2015, 03:13 AM   #14
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Hey buddy, Congrats. Glad to know you got the Frozen Black as well. We are twins hahaha
-2014 BMW ///M5 Black Sapphire Metallic with Full Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust SOLD
-2013 BMW ///M3 Limerock Park Edition SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 03:41 AM   #15
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S.A
Hey buddy, Congrats. Glad to know you got the Frozen Black as well. We are twins hahaha
Thanks man! I'm pretty sure we'll be the only frozen black duo riding around the LB/SD area. That way people get the best of both worlds! Coupe and a gran coupe!

I seriously hope all of us local forum members can get a meet and have an epic M6 gathering
      03-25-2015, 07:33 AM   #16
POBA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
the main reason I got the ccbs was because the comp package obviously isn't available - so I opted for the brakes. However I'm much more a fan of the blue calipers (I'm not a "gold" person per say- the dress was blue! LOL) so I may paint them.

But definitely with you. We researched how many have been built that exact way- and so far, this will be the first with frozen black, white interior and 6 spd
Sorry for the silly question. I was wondering why the comp package is not available. Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 07:42 AM   #17
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by POBA
Quote:

Sorry for the silly question. I was wondering why the comp package is not available. Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Your guess is as good as mine :

When the build catalog came out- some options "required" the comp package- but wouldn't let me add it. So once we spoke to BMW in NJ- it was confirmed that for the early 2016 models- they wouldn't come with the option to add it

I did read an article literally the other week that said they've adjusted the steering and suspension for the 16s, so that's my best guess as of now. But it wasn't a direct from BMW article so they could just be making it up

Regardless- for city use- the comp package isn't necessary. Really only if you track your car regularly would it have helped (judging off the 14/15s) personally I've driven both- with and without- didn't feel a difference except on sports +, which to me was actually less comfortable on the comp package than on non comp.
      03-25-2015, 07:49 AM   #18
POBA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Your guess is as good as mine :

When the build catalog came out- some options "required" the comp package- but wouldn't let me add it. So once we spoke to BMW in NJ- it was confirmed that for the early 2016 models- they wouldn't come with the option to add it

I did read an article literally the other week that said they've adjusted the steering and suspension for the 16s, so that's my best guess as of now. But it wasn't a direct from BMW article so they could just be making it up

Regardless- for city use- the comp package isn't necessary. Really only if you track your car regularly would it have helped (judging off the 14/15s) personally I've driven both- with and without- didn't feel a difference except on sports +, which to me was actually less comfortable on the comp package than on non comp.
Thank you for the thoughtful answer. Can't wait to see the pics of your ride
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #19
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Wheels? Which ones are you considering?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 09:31 AM   #20
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1858 View Post
Vorsteiner CF Diffuser
Dinan CF Cold Air Intake
M Logo Door Lights
AFE CF OEM Engine Cover
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 09:34 AM   #21
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
At which point I will lose my appetite, probably delete this app from my phone so I don't go insane and start posting rambling threads and become obsessed with tracking the cars progress and pay for the satellite subscription once it gets on a ship so I can wake up at random hours of the day (I record/work at night) just to see it move a millimeter.

It will get here around my birthday though...so it couldn't have happened any better!
Happy Birthday kid

BTW...there're some high ground around Port Hueneme. You can camp out there and with a good set of binos, make sure they offload your car properly. Pretty sure it'll be the only frozen black F13 on the ship!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #22
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
Quote:
Wheels? Which ones are you considering?
Well..I'm going to be honest. I'm going to leave the stock ones for maybe a month (the 343m black wheels are running me 1300, so I figured I should enjoy them at least for a little).

After which, the two I'm seriously considering are Klassen and ADV1. There are Velos, hres, and cors- but for the cost- I might as well go big.

I'm not fretting to mod it immediately though. Only thing I will (other than what the dealer will put on) I'm lowering it the same day using hrs.

My mentality of the mod process is that it's a marathon, not a sprint