Doughnutlord
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640D M Sport Gran Coupe

Garage List
Another new gran coupe (UK)

Hey all,

I’ve spent a lot of time over the last few years reading and learning about the BMW’s that i’ve owned so firstly thanks to everyone who contributes.

My last 2 cars have been F10 5 series but i’d always liked the look of the 6 series gc and was lucky enough to find the perfect individual blue that was already on the dealers forecourt a couple of weeks ago. Here in the UK dealers are advertising these with large discounts so effectively I got this one for the same monthly cost as my last 530d (540d in the US).

Picking it up in a couple of weeks, spec is 640d gc m sport in long beach blue, m sport plus package (includes hud, 20” wheels), reversing camera, sunroof, apple carplay. Pics below.

Have a couple of questions though?

Does anyone know where I can find production numbers for the F06, specifically volume by colour? I’m really interested to know how many were produced in this colour. I know there are sites that have this for various M cars but can’t find anything for the six series.

Secondly, this car only comes with the standard LED lights, my last 530d came with adaptive Xenons but I’m confused about the various options/features when it comes to the headlights.

For example:
- Do the the standard LED’s have cornering lights?
- What is the difference between simply adding the adaptive lights and high beam assist options on top of the standard LED’s, or adding the ICON adaptive LED light options. This is from the UK configurator so may differ from the US options.

Counting the days until I pick it up!

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
MARKPRIOR
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 M6 GC

nice colour have seen a few 6's that colour recently

Previous:2014 640D GC 383BHP + 733NM, F10 2010 530d 520i (2000), E36 comact 318i, E46 M3, E46 318Ci, X5,
Non BMW: 5x Skyline / GTRs, 5x Supras, 2x Nissan 200sx s14a, lots of other stuff
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 05:39 PM   #3
thedza
On the hunt
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB F06 650i RWD

Garage List
2016 BMW 650i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
beautiful car, wish the pictures werent upside down

not a fan of the m badges on the fenders - haven't seen that in the US, is that UK only?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #4
Doughnutlord
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Hey,

Thanks for the compliments. Really looking forward to seeing the colour in normal daylight, not just in the showroom.

Yeah in the UK at least, all m sport cars come standard with those M logos on the fenders/wings. There is a factory option to have them removed from the build but as I bought the car off the dealers stock they were already added.

thedza what device are you viewing the images on? I’m using iOS and the images are the correct orientation. I didn’t see any options other than to simply upload them

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
thedza
On the hunt
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB F06 650i RWD

Garage List
2016 BMW 650i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnutlord View Post
Hey,

Thanks for the compliments. Really looking forward to seeing the colour in normal daylight, not just in the showroom.

Yeah in the UK at least, all m sport cars come standard with those M logos on the fenders/wings. There is a factory option to have them removed from the build but as I bought the car off the dealers stock they were already added.

thedza what device are you viewing the images on? I’m using iOS and the images are the correct orientation. I didn’t see any options other than to simply upload them

Thanks
i'm on my laptop (chrome on mac os)

missed your earlier questions. I haven't seen any production sheets so far for this car, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere..but I bet there are very few of that color f06 - they don't offer long beach in the US, only seen that color on the m2 (they do have sonic speed blue which is similar).

as far as the headlights go, I'm not too sure. I haven't heard of the ICON LED light option. I know that here there was LED vs full LED, but I think starting with MY2015 the full LED was standard. As far as I know, the cornering lights are standard too
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #6
Doughnutlord
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the info, yeah long beach blue is also not available in the UK. However the dealer that I purchased the car from had got BMW to build 3 different cars in that colour via the Individual program (I think it was my F06, an M4 and one other). Searching for cars in that colour only brings up a G30 5 series in Dubai, an M6 in Germany and numerous M2’s as I believe it’s the most popular colour for the M2.

It’s great to know that likely some basic features will still be present with the standard LED’s. I wish BMW were a bit more explicit when they provide details on options.

The ICON adaptive lights are those where the hexagonal rings don’t close (top right of the picture below, apologies if it’s still upside down). Standard LED’s have the hex rings closing and you have to choose the adaptive option separately.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedza View Post
i'm on my laptop (chrome on mac os)

missed your earlier questions. I haven't seen any production sheets so far for this car, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere..but I bet there are very few of that color f06 - they don't offer long beach in the US, only seen that color on the m2 (they do have sonic speed blue which is similar).

as far as the headlights go, I'm not too sure. I haven't heard of the ICON LED light option. I know that here there was LED vs full LED, but I think starting with MY2015 the full LED was standard. As far as I know, the cornering lights are standard too

just FYI, the US models didn't get the fully adaptive models that the EU models received. Our adaptive light is just auto high beams and cornering lights. The EU models received the full variable light distance feature.
      06-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #8
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

I'm going to bet this is the only Long Beach Blue 6 series ever built, in any and all configurations including M6s.

BMW does this all the time. They build a few EU models with very unique colors, and send them to dealer showrooms. They sit for a while and then is purchased by someone who either gets a discount or can't wait 3 months to custom build theirs. Often times, certain individual colors won't even get approved by BMW.

edit: apparently there is 1 Long Beach Blue M6 GC in Germany. https://www.autogespot.co.in/bmw-m6-...015/2016/03/06

06-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #9
Doughnutlord
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Hey Flying Ace

Yeah that was the only one I could find after searching. It’s a stunning colour, the blue has a hint of teal in certain lights. Can’t wait to pick it up at the end of the month.

6 series of any kind are quite rare up here in Scotland and having a rare colour will really make it feel special. Hence why I’m trying to find out production numbers.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 08:16 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Sorry to brust your bubble but I have to say Long Beach Blue isn't a rare color overall. It's a configurable color for the X5M, X6M and M2. Seemingly every M2 here in the states is a Long Beach Blue
      06-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #11
Doughnutlord
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Hey, bubble was already burst interestingly, The majority of worldwide sales of the M2 were produced in long beach blue: http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/09/20/lo...mbo-worldwide/

I didn’t know about the X5M or the X6M but as usual the UK market doesn’t get these models. The best we get is the M50d version of both SUV’s whose colour options are pretty boring. Basically if you don’t want a boring colour in the UK you need to buy a 3 or 4 series or an M car.
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50
      06-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #12
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

UK doesn't get the X5M? Damn...