BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #23
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
I'd be really curious to hear the difference of either the B&O or the HK in coupe vs convertible.
I think there's a bit of apple and orange comparison going on.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:58 PM   #24
PalmBeachM6!!
PalmBeachM6
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 M6

I love both systems.

There was an HK in the 640i Convertible I test Drove, it was plenty loud even with the top down. No distortion at 60-65% volume. You just had to set the system with appropriate fade and balance, then use EQ to tune to your liking! Sounds wonderful to me.
The B& O I got on my New M6 Convertible is just a tad better, but either is awesome in my opinion!
I had a Bose system in my last SUV, A Buick mind you, I thought it was great, but both BMW systems, Hk or B& o put it to shame!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 05:39 AM   #25
MeesterQ
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

I'm my opinion, input is more important than the speakers between HK and B&O.

I do have the B&O system, but have had the HK in other cars.
While the B&O is ok, I have noticed sound deterioration and blamed it on the speakers, but realized I was streaming music from Spotify. I switched to Tidal and haven't had an issue since.

I have complaints with the sound because it's not as crisp as I would expect and the mids are so mild, even when pumped up with the equalizer, it doesn't really change the sound. I've set everything to basic rock and r&b/hip hop settings because that's all these speakers seem to be good for.

If you want to enjoy an amazing orchestral arrangement, you're not going to get it in this system. This isn't like the top end Burmeister or Mark Levinson systems.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 10:35 AM   #26
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterQ View Post
I'm my opinion, input is more important than the speakers between HK and B&O.

I do have the B&O system, but have had the HK in other cars.
While the B&O is ok, I have noticed sound deterioration and blamed it on the speakers, but realized I was streaming music from Spotify. I switched to Tidal and haven't had an issue since.

I have complaints with the sound because it's not as crisp as I would expect and the mids are so mild, even when pumped up with the equalizer, it doesn't really change the sound. I've set everything to basic rock and r&b/hip hop settings because that's all these speakers seem to be good for.

If you want to enjoy an amazing orchestral arrangement, you're not going to get it in this system. This isn't like the top end Burmeister or Mark Levinson systems.
have you tried it with the settinga from a topic on here,i will see if i can find it,ive just bought an f31 330d x dxrive with h and k and it aint as good as my b and o in my 640d,obviously different cabin space https://www.6post.com/forums/showthr...settings,,here it is
Appreciate 0