BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #23
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
I hadn't even hit 6th gear when my girlfriend says"I thought they were supposed to be fast?? So not only are they ugly, but slow too"
GF pics! Don't we have rules here?
LOLL, I had no idea there were such rules!

If that's the case- I'll wait for my 16 to get here to reveal both of them. But I can assure you, no ones going to be disappointed
      03-23-2015, 03:17 PM   #24
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
If that's the case- I'll wait for my 16 to get here to reveal both of them. But I can assure you, no ones going to be disappointed
/cut
/save

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 03:46 PM   #25
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Funny, I had just stumbled across PP Performance and was going to ask if anyone knew anything about them. Then to see it in this thread – small world. 778 bhp sure seems like an awful lot on a stock motor - stock block, crank, pistons, rods, heads, cams, etc. I know BMW overbuilds things but that seems like quite a bit. I was wondering if these actually make that much (and last). I guess so.

As for the videos -
I had no idea this car is such a beast!! I mean, I knew a M was going to be fast, silly fast, but a couple of those cars are some of the big boys and I doubt they are being driven by idiots. Frankly, I would almost not have believed it. Two weeks ago (before I started driving one) there was no way. This week, with me starting to open it up a bit more) I can kind of see it's possible. But what's on those videos is very impressive!! I think I need to start chanting some mantra or something - must not revert to adolescent lunacy, must not revert to adolescent lunacy . . . Naw, actually I am too old for that competition stuff, or maybe it's better to say it is pretty much out of my blood. It sure is nice to know the capability is there though. Sometimes it takes a little power to get out of a bad situation, and like wearing your seatbelts it’s too late to get it when the bad stuff starts to happen.

It's interesting that the M6 is even with them all up to about 100 then it pulls away, except the Lamborghini takes it pretty good down low. Does anyone know if the Russian has the turbo mods PPP offers or just the other stuff? I am guessing no turbo upgrade since I saw low 700 bhp claims early in several of the videos (700-730 range as I recall). I have a few ideas why, but I want to do a bit more research to make sure. Another 500 miles or so on mine will be a good start (past break in then). Does anyone with more experience know what causes this? Is this what happens when you guys took all those GTR's R8's, etc. - usually about even (maybe a bit ahead or behind) then pull them at the higher end? There ought to be a way to fix that. If these M6's are capable of what's in those videos (obviously they are) they ought to be doing it at all speeds; not just starting in upper 3rd or 4th gear - I'm guessing here about the gear it starts coming alive since I have not driven mine like that so far.

MrSugarSkulls - thanks for starting this thread. And I think it's great the way the rest of you guys just jumped right in with all that other fun stuff. It truly has been a real eye opener for me.

I would bet you all probably know what I am about to say, but I'm new here so please forgive me if this is common knowledge. You all ought to be a bit careful about what's posted, and especially videos. The younger brother of a childhood friend of mine took a cell phone vid of him hot rodding a ZR1 on a local turnpike. It went viral, and being so viral it soon made national media too. I first saw it on a cable news report. You can imagine my surprise when I realized the road was only a couple of miles from my home and one I frequently use. But when I checked it out with local media and online (YouTube) I was stunned to learn the guy was from a family mine has known for about 2-3 generations. Anyway, the point of this is the police found it just about as interesting as the initial hot rodding inclined viewers did. In fact they were so impressed with his driving skills that they invited the young lad down for a chat; I want to say that the subsequent news reports said that it was a very long one. I’d bet it was a very expensive visit and maybe also involved somewhat of an extended stay too.

The strangest part of this for me is all this straight line racing. Back when I was young driving a Bimmer was about a road course. It was all about the handling and the driver's feel of the road, not banging gears going in a straight line. It's still a bit unbelievable seeing these run 11's in the quarter mile, not to mention so many being so excited about it. What a change! Have to admit though that it often crossed my mind that the reason it was road course stuff was that they didn't have the umph to go head to head in a straight line with a Detroit big block. No trouble doing that now.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 04:13 PM   #26
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

I love hearing GT-R kill stories

The M6 is a beast once it gets traction!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 12:57 AM   #27
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
So watch this
M6 vs GT-R from standstill when the road is wet and GT-R cannot take advantage of its AWD

Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 2
      03-24-2015, 01:28 AM   #28
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
So watch this
M6 vs GT-R from standstill when the road is wet and GT-R cannot take advantage of its AWD

Daaaaang! That was a pretty good race. A couple car lengths ahead!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 03:57 AM   #29
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
So watch this

I was in similar conditions when I raced the GTR- wet roads and drizzling, probably why I was already a cars length ahead before I even hit 6th and really flew