BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #45
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
You can do your part by keeping the pictures coming

I absolutely love that color. Looks like they stole it from the Rolls Royce color collection. I think they offer 13 different blacks, so I bet they took it and renamed it for BMW. It's such a cool look.

I haven't seen anyone else receive a fancy box, so I'm thinking Andreo is just special. Such a cool gift befitting such a beautiful car. Puts my car to shame. Keep posting pictures and all is forgiven

Let us know how you like the night vision. I couldn't see spending the money on it as I didn't think I'd ever use it. Maybe y'all will change my mind for next time around...

What are you looking at doing for wheels (brand, size, color, etc.)?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #46
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Nice, it's not as visible as I thought it would be. I still have a week 48 production week, so it probably won't arrive before Jan.

Does everyone that orders an individual package get the individual box? I haven't seen that before. I hope I get one.
The sensors do blend in nicely to not spoil the lines of the car. Jan is not too far away. You should be able to track the shipping journey soon.

My dealer specifically requested for the individual box having delayed my order for more than 6 months. There is no harm asking your dealer to do the same for you. They will need to make the request directly to the BMW AG Individual Division factory working on your car. Have the dealer put in the request early as the factory usually works on the box as soon as the car reaches them for individual treatment. My box arrived at my dealer's (without the key fobs) a month before they shipped out the car. Hope you are able to get it too.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #47
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
You can do your part by keeping the pictures coming

I absolutely love that color. Looks like they stole it from the Rolls Royce color collection. I think they offer 13 different blacks, so I bet they took it and renamed it for BMW. It's such a cool look.

I haven't seen anyone else receive a fancy box, so I'm thinking Andreo is just special. Such a cool gift befitting such a beautiful car. Puts my car to shame. Keep posting pictures and all is forgiven

Let us know how you like the night vision. I couldn't see spending the money on it as I didn't think I'd ever use it. Maybe y'all will change my mind for next time around...

What are you looking at doing for wheels (brand, size, color, etc.)?
Thanks for the kind compliments Southern. Means a lot coming from you.

Before finalizing the order, I had a hard time looking for pictures of F12/13 cars in citrin black online. There were some on the F10s but the lines were simply not the same. It took a leap of faith from pictures of an E63 in citrin black to confirm my order. Glad I did it. The citrin turned out very satisfactorily indeed. I will try to post some pics of the car in the sun. The fluorescent lighting at the dealer's workshop simply wasn't bringing out what the paint was supposed to produce.

I have not had the chance to really test out the night vision just yet. I ordered it for the pedestrian recognition. Macau is a very dense city with pedestrian crossings and traffic junctions all over the place. As such, tourists and small children often cross the streets without looking for oncoming vehicles. In certain cases, you will find them leaping over road dividers. I am hoping the the NV system would be able to give me some visual warning ahead of time. As inspired by the Ghost Protocol scene navigating through the busy marketplace in India. Yet to test. Review and pictures to follow.

There are at least two other persons who have shared their BMW Individual boxes online in the past. Both ordered individual E63's (Mike Carson and Sting if I remember correctly). I was hoping that sharing the process in obtaining the box will help all 6er owners get one. Rooting for djsaad1 at the moment. In my opinion, all individual 6er owners should get one without having to ask considering the way BMW is positioning the car in price and market segment.

As for the wheels, I have not been a big fan of non-BMW produced wheels. Kinda takes away the purity of the vehicle in my regard... but that's just me. So I am still waiting for a wheel that actually matches the combo. So far, the factory Star Spoke 367 are the closest available but certainly not perfect. The individual V Spoke 349 simply does not go. I love yours, the 373M, but I wasn't able to order it as it was exclusive to M-sport cars. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Apart from the rims, the car arrived with Michelin HP Primacy tyres like they did to Mlai's GC. I am getting the dealer to swap them out for Pirelli PZeros before they release the car to me. Makes one heck of a difference in terms of road noise and overall ride comfort for all my other cars with run flats.

More pictures to follow as I get to do so. That's a promise.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #48
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sounds like the NV makes sense for you. My city is far too boring for population density issues.

Funny you mention Ghost Protocol. I was just wondering the other day how many people, like myself, saw that movie for no reason other than the BMWs. Sadly, I think the promo commercials featured about the same BMW face time as the movie itself.

I'm with you on the wheels. I just can't do aftermarket, non-BMW wheels on this car. To each his own, but I'm glad we're in agreement on this issue so I won't have to mentally PhotoShop BMW wheels on your car when looking at your pictures

I really like the 20" 464M Bi-Color wheels in the new accessories catalog. If I lived in a city with more than just my one M Sport coupe, then I'd be very tempted to swap out for these.
Attached Images

Last edited by southern6er22; 11-03-2012 at 09:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #49
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here are some more pics I found of this style. I had some pictures of these on an M Sport 5er at my dealership, but I guess I deleted them from my Photo Stream. They look really cool in person.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #50
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

It seems like a lot of people get style 356 wheels on the coupe as well. I think I am going to go with aftermarket wheels because I want 20's and am not a fan of the individual wheels. I am still trying to find an aftermarket wheels that could pass as "stock looking" but also not too sporty.

I probably should get the dealer to try to order the box, I kind of feel bad though. I have put my dealer through a whole lot. They have really been great, but they have to be annoyed with me by now.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #51
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
Here are some more pics I found of this style. I had some pictures of these on an M Sport 5er at my dealership, but I guess I deleted them from my Photo Stream. They look really cool in person.
Thanks Southern. Yes, I came across these but they were just a tad too busy for me. Don't get me wrong. They are nice looking but somehow it does not quite call out immediately. Trouble is there are so limited number of rim design for the F12/13. Keep them coming.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #52
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
It seems like a lot of people get style 356 wheels on the coupe as well. I think I am going to go with aftermarket wheels because I want 20's and am not a fan of the individual wheels. I am still trying to find an aftermarket wheels that could pass as "stock looking" but also not too sporty.

I probably should get the dealer to try to order the box, I kind of feel bad though. I have put my dealer through a whole lot. They have really been great, but they have to be annoyed with me by now.
I believe the 356's are popular because they look right for the car to most people. I tend to agree with them. Just ask Southern. I would have ordered them if only BMW AG accepts M equipment as part of the Individual order but unfortunately not, despite how "persistent" I have been with my dealer. (CORRECTION: I thought you meant the M-Sport 373M)

Speaking of which, as a 6er owner, you have every right to get what you are entitled to. BMW would not have positioned this vehicle as such if they are not targeting owners who are discerning. How many Individual 6er orders has your dealer got on their books? Besides, it will be an incentive to them as well as it will be somewhat of a trophy for them. That's what my dealer indicated when they got the box. So go for it!

Last edited by andreo; 11-05-2012 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #53
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

For those of you currently configuring a 6er, here are some extreme close-up detail and effect shots of the BMW Individual treatment. Hopefully they can help justify those few extra options you folks are pondering during the process whether they are the B&O, alcantara headliners, contrast stitching, merino leather, ceramics, individual trim, ambient lighting, wood inlay steering wheel, ventilated leather, etc.

The Individual factory does more than what they describe in their brochures and apply the treatment consistently to every imaginable surface. Feel free to let me know if you need close-ups of any other particular areas of the vehicle. Would be most happy to oblige.
&#13&#13
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #54
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Thanks Andreo. Nice job
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #55
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

The interior looks stunning, such a great combo. The color combo looked a little dull on the bmwusa build website, but seeing your pictures it looks amazing.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #56
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Thanks guys. The BMW websites offer minimal information. When I was putting my order together, most of the useful real world information needed to make my decisions came from forum posts like these. It gets challenging when seeking realistic pictures of individual cars. They were all different and few pictures were available with hardly any close-ups. Just doing my part for all I have gained from this forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #57
mo7ammed-87
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 650i

its very cool man >> so nice ..

take care of it ..

and waiting to see more exterior pic ..

thnx man ..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #58
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo7ammed-87
its very cool man >> so nice ..

take care of it ..

and waiting to see more exterior pic ..

thnx man ..
Thanks for the compliments. Yes, it will take some effort to keep it pristine. That's what I signed up for I suppose.

Will take some exterior shots as soon as the car is released. Any day now.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #59
DentalBoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe

Looks beautiful!!!Congrats!
E60 M5 Dinan stg3,hiflow throttle bodies,coldair,evosport rear diff,Eisenmann Race sold
E39 M5 UUC short shift,UUC Corsa and More Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #60
gc640
Rep
Drives: 640 GranCoupe

Absolutely stunning!! Keep the photos coming
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #61
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Thanks again. Still at the dealer's for a couple more days. Having the tyres swapped out to Pirelli Pzeros and a couple of AC Schnitzer accessories fitted. Should be ready before the weekend. Will post more pics then. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #62
11' AW M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3

incredible.
      11-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #63
mo7ammed-87
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 650i

man what do you think now about the -- 2VH - Integral Active Steering ???

there is any problems on it ??

i have order it on my car .. and i afraid from it .. from any problems on this option ..

i hope there is no problems on this option ..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #64
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo7ammed-87
man what do you think now about the -- 2VH - Integral Active Steering ???

there is any problems on it ??

i have order it on my car .. and i afraid from it .. from any problems on this option ..

i hope there is no problems on this option ..
The 2VH IAS gives you variable steering radius for both the front and rear wheels. The end result is effortless maneuvering around tight bends at low speeds and close to zero body roll when making fast lane changes at high speeds. It makes passing other cars on the highway so effortless and graceful, giving you the feeling that the vehicle is pointing straight the whole time. And you can do it fast too with full control.

Overall, the IAS makes the vehicle turn and maneuver like a vehicle shorter than what it really is. My previous car was an E92 335i with AS and the F13 with IAS makes the E92 felt more clumsy around bends. I can perform U-turns in one turn with the F13 that I could never do with the E92. You can literally see how well it works when using surround view. Engage Parking Assist and you will be able to sit back and marvel at the almost magical twisting and turning to execute a parallel park using IAS. So far, it has presented me with zero problems; just pure confidence despite the increased length of the vehicle.

Some people love it and some loathe it. You know where I stand.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #65
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Congragulation on your car. That's one sexy combo and I would love to see more pictures for the exterior of the car as it's hard to find good pictures for CB.
      11-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #66
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee
Congragulation on your car. That's one sexy combo and I would love to see more pictures for the exterior of the car as it's hard to find good pictures for CB.
Thanks. I fully understand the feeling. The only real-life pictures of Citrin Black I found online were on a previous generation E63 and a bunch of F10's or F01's. Took a gamble when I configured mine. It truly stands out from a sea of ordinary black cars. Are you planning to order a Citrin Black 6er?

I finally got the license plate for my car yesterday. Prior to that, it had the dealer's test plate on and not presentable for any photographs. That's how it is in Macau. I can take it out now for some decent exterior shots. Will try to take some with a real camera this weekend for you folks.
Appreciate 0