BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #1
qureshi.45
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

WTB: Eisenmann race exhaust mufflers M6 FO6

Hey guys,

Just want to buy the eisenmann race exhaust axle back setup. I believe the f12/f13 will fit the f06. So if anyone is selling, let me know. don't want spend more the 2500 but let me know your offer. Text me at 614-961-9724

thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

These are rare exhaust systems, you would be very lucky to find a used one but if you're already willing to spend $2500 you might as well just shell out $3k for a brand new one. I just picked up a used Eisenmann sport system with valves and that was the only used option available on the market as of the last month or so. Check ebay from time to time, once in a blue moon they pop up.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
qureshi.45
Rep

yeah I might have too! but new is almost 4K. How do you like the exhaust? Also do you have to buy the valve system separately??
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 08:01 PM   #4
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qureshi.45 View Post
yeah I might have too! but new is almost 4K. How do you like the exhaust? Also do you have to buy the valve system separately??
The exhaust is on the way and I already removed my resonators so I'm excited to get it and have it installed next week. The sport system basically sounds close to the race version with the valves open, but with them closed it is quiet to the point that it just eliminates drone. Honestly I would have taken the race or the sport, just took what was available at the time. The valves come on the sport, the race has no valves and has a bit of a different sound.

You can buy the exhaust for $3k on ebay for the F10 M5 new and the rear section only for the M5/M6 can be interchanged, the muffler shop might just have to relocate a hanger or just bend one on the muffler, maybe not at all. I have spoken to someone on the forum that put an M5 rear section Eisenmann on his M6 GC without any modification or issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
qureshi.45
Rep

Wow did not know that. last night I was about to order the M5 esisemann and I was talking to a friend and I completely changed what I'm doing. I decided I'm gonna get a resonator delete on my stock exhaust and put on the carbon fiber tips. In 1-2 years ill buy the full Akroprovic exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
The exhaust is on the way and I already removed my resonators so I'm excited to get it and have it installed next week. The sport system basically sounds close to the race version with the valves open, but with them closed it is quiet to the point that it just eliminates drone. Honestly I would have taken the race or the sport, just took what was available at the time. The valves come on the sport, the race has no valves and has a bit of a different sound.

You can buy the exhaust for $3k on ebay for the F10 M5 new and the rear section only for the M5/M6 can be interchanged, the muffler shop might just have to relocate a hanger or just bend one on the muffler, maybe not at all. I have spoken to someone on the forum that put an M5 rear section Eisenmann on his M6 GC without any modification or issue.
hey, just curious, when you say system, the pipes start from the final cats?

Anymore info about the M5 rear section interchangeability? Is it the axel back part that may be interchangeable according to that member?

Also, so is there a major sound difference if you go with the full system versus just the rear section?
      08-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #7
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
hey, just curious, when you say system, the pipes start from the final cats?

Anymore info about the M5 rear section interchangeability? Is it the axel back part that may be interchangeable according to that member?

Also, so is there a major sound difference if you go with the full system versus just the rear section?
When I say system it can be the rear section only or the full exhaust, and exhaust system is either.

From what I know only the rear section is interchangeable, maybe the full system is but the person posting was only talking about the rear section.

I would say the only reason there is a sound difference between the rear section and the full cat back system is because it would remove the resonators. If you cut off the resonators and weld in straight pipes it is the same thing, just costs less.
Appreciate 0