BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

640d 5,000 mile review.

Hi guys I just thought I'd share my thoughts on my 640d M sport coupe I've had the pleasure of owning since I part ex'd my f30 330d.

Back in December I put the 330d into Bmw for some warranty work and while waiting I thought I'd have a little look around and as soon as I saw the Ruby black Six sitting there I knew I had to have a drive and once back from driving it I had to have it and 3 days later I picked it up.

Overall mpg over 5,000 miles has averaged 31mpg which predominantly is short local journeys to work and a few longer journeys and I tend to have a heavy foot, but the real test comes in July when I take it to the Algarve.

Performance wise:- As we all know they go pretty well for diesels but after my 335i which was remapped I did crave a little more oomph!
So I had it remapped at J F Automotive in Maidstone last month and the results were very good the car ran 252whp & 494nm to the wheels and once mapped was 305whp & 575nm to the wheels which roughly equates to 360-385bhp & 680-730nm torque.

0-60 was around 5 seconds now it's around 4.5 seconds
0-100 was around 12.7 seconds now it's about 10.3 seconds.
Since I've had it done I've bumped into the following cars who have egged me into having a little play lol
E92 m3 midrange I had the edge and overall not a lot between them
Golf R 2015 between 40-85 I had the edge
E46 m3 the Six was noticeably quicker
E93 Alpina b3 bi turbo very close 20-90.
What I love about the big diesel is it can keep up with some fast cars but then do 50mpg when required.

I've been very impressed by the comfort on all my journeys and feel relaxed once I get to my destination which having the comfort seats probably helped.

Space inside:- perfectly fine if there are just 3 of you like it is for me but it's not really a 4 seater imo as on one journey we were 4 up and I had to move my seat forward which was not ideal so a gc would be the answer if you need to sit 4 people. The boot is a good size and fits everything I need.

Handling wise I'd say compared to the f30 it's not in the same league but that's to be accepted as it's a big car but it does feel much more composed compared to the f30 on cornering especially on rougher roads and the traction is better than the f30 too.

I also had some coding done on the car and I'm loving the m6 active sound! Ok it's not real but it has fooled many people who have been in the car into thinking it is a v8.

Basically as a all round fairly quick car that is comfortable and pretty good on fuel I can't really fault it and I'm glad I bought it
      04-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Glad you like it

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0