BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
V10M5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Car and Driver Is Wrong!

Just saw this review and felt compelled to offer a rebuttal. This writer clearly doesn't get it! The low slung profile is what makes the car great and I never hit my head once. IMO the M6GC strikes the perfect balance between the raw power/performance of a traditional M5 and the luxury/beauty of higher end brands like Aston Martin. BMW is also targeting the Panamera but I think it's too ugly to compete!

I just sold my E60 M5 after 133,000 miles in nearly 8 years and the M6GC is just in a totally different class. Although I am not 100% sold on the TT V8 engine (V10 was the best engine ever!), this car more makes up for it with style that puts it in a totally different class. I loved my V10 M5 but I never loved the way it looked. Certainly no one ever told me it was beautiful!

I took European delivery of my M6GC in Munich on July 12th and unfortunately had to drop it off after only 4 days. Just 985 miles so I was still in the break-in period so can't say too much about performance yet (4500 red line comes up quick!). Fortunately, shouldn't take me too long once I finally get U.S. delivery in a couple weeks. Will give a full update with more pictures afterwards.

View pictures here
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
RiverRunner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
IMHO the driver had trouble handling the power. In the video, he repeatedly complained that the M6 had oversteer out of the turns, that's due to acceleration. Curious if tire, tire pressure, or driver change would make a difference. That's not a complaint I've heard often.
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo 991.2
Appreciate 0