BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

Did the BMS Tune...wow!

During Bimmerfest on Saturday, I visited a booth that had a BMS tune for my car, so I decided to do it. They installed it at the show and oh boy, what a difference! I drove home with member poleposition (F10 M5 w same power mods, but no Comp Package on his car) and what a difference. The car pulls so much harder when rolling in 2nd or 3rd. Next up are the AMS Catted Downpipes and then the car should be complete...I think. LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to share. For those that I met at Bimmerfest, it was great meeting you this weekend.

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer View Post
During Bimmerfest on Saturday, I visited a booth that had a BMS tune for my car, so I decided to do it. They installed it at the show and oh boy, what a difference! I drove home with member poleposition (F10 M5 w same power mods, but no Comp Package on his car) and what a difference. The car pulls so much harder when rolling in 2nd or 3rd. Next up are the AMS Catted Downpipes and then the car should be complete...I think. LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to share. For those that I met at Bimmerfest, it was great meeting you this weekend.
Haha... Yeh when I pulled onto the highway after mine was installed I could feel the additional PUUUUUUUUUUULL!

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M4 Convertib

C, great meeting you at the M event the day prior. Your car is pure SEX! And now a BMS tune? I gotta rob a bank to pay for all the mods you're making me consider!

Ok, for all the NSA/FBI personnel key wording this site, I'm kidding about robbing a bank...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatlc View Post
C, great meeting you at the M event the day prior. Your car is pure SEX! And now a BMS tune? I gotta rob a bank to pay for all the mods you're making me consider!

Ok, for all the NSA/FBI personnel key wording this site, I'm kidding about robbing a bank...
T - It was great meeting you too! Yeah, I did the tune and now I'm going to do the AMS catted downpipes. It never ends.

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
Question....

So if I decide to get the BMW stage 1 tune and all I have is an Eisenmann Race exhaust, I should expect gains of 30-50whp/40-60wtq (according to the website)?
Also, is this a tune that takes account catless downpipes (or even catted)? I don't want to run too lean, if I decide to install some.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974 View Post
Question....

So if I decide to get the BMW stage 1 tune and all I have is an Eisenmann Race exhaust, I should expect gains of 30-50whp/40-60wtq (according to the website)?
Also, is this a tune that takes account catless downpipes (or even catted)? I don't want to run too lean, if I decide to install some.

Thanks.
Do you have midpipes too? I have the LXR midpipes, but will probably do downpipes next, which will also require the stage 2 tune. They say 60rwhp with 93 octane and my set-up, but I'm not sure of that. I def feel a big difference but not sure 60 rwhp is accurate. If anything, the tq increase is def noticable. For $500, it's worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer View Post
Do you have midpipes too? I have the LXR midpipes, but will probably do downpipes next, which will also require the stage 2 tune. They say 60rwhp with 93 octane and my set-up, but I'm not sure of that. I def feel a big difference but not sure 60 rwhp is accurate. If anything, the tq increase is def noticable. For $500, it's worth it.
With the price and results of the BMS tune, I wonder what Dinan will do to counter. Obviously, Dinan can't price match. However, with there being so much this engines can handle, you'd think Dinan might feel pressure to step it up. Surely they are reading the message boards. Then again, they are probably under-tuning these things, to entice people to by their other upgrades. They may be thinking, "Well, if they are too happy with the stage 1 tune....they may not buy the intake, etc".

Last edited by jnkirk1974; 08-06-2014 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 07:44 PM   #8
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Question....

Thanks.
There are no tuning companies that released any software for catless downpipes at this time.
But, many member's plus myself are running the similar setups.
Catless exhaust with BMS tune and intakes.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #9
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
There are no tuning companies that released any software for catless downpipes at this time.
But, many member's plus myself are running the similar setups.
Catless exhaust with BMS tune and intakes.
Do you know if you're running lean at all? I just don't want to have any sort of catastrophic failure.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #10
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Do you know if you're running lean at all? I just don't want to have any sort of catastrophic failure.
Absolutely. Everyone is that is running no cats is experiencing the same thing.
These computers are so sensitive that they are adjusting the engines operating characteristic.
Is it good, no.
Can you still enjoy your car, yes.
Just be careful with how you adjust your settings.
This is a forum and everyone thinks they know everything about everything, so you should email the company about what recommended settings you should run
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #11
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
Absolutely. Everyone is that is running no cats is experiencing the same thing.
These computers are so sensitive that they are adjusting the engines operating characteristic.
Is it good, no.
Can you still enjoy your car, yes.
Just be careful with how you adjust your settings.
This is a forum and everyone thinks they know everything about everything, so you should email the company about what recommended settings you should run
Just to further the discussion.....should I choose to run with catted downpipes, would I still be running really lean?
Appreciate 0