BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Prestige Lamborghini Miami Unveils the Huracan

Got a chance to see the new Lamborghini Huracan up close and personal a few days back at Prestige Lamborghini Miami. Here are some shots from that night:
Attached Images

Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
First impressions:

The exterior design is striking and eye catching. It's not my favorite Lamborghini design by any stretch, I actually prefer the older Gallardo's exterior look to that of the new Huracan. To me the new Huracan is missing something in terms of aggressiveness. I feel like it could use an extra air duct before the rear fender like the older car and the new Aventador feature. Overall, still a great looking car, still very much a Lamborghini.

The dimensions of the car inside and out feel nearly identical to the outgoing Gallardo.

The seating position, ride height, and visibility also seem pretty similar to the Gallardo's. Like the old car, it's very hard to see out of this car, and if you're moderately tall, seating position is still difficult to dial in to perfection.

The interior seems like the biggest upgrade over the previous car. It's much better looking that in the previous car. Not exactly what I would refer to as gorgeous, there's some things I find unappealing, like the strange AC ducts and the area directly in front of the passenger seat, but those quirks aside, still feels like an upgrade over the older car. The lengthy, downward sloping, Aventador-esque, center console is a very nice touch.

In cabin ergonomics are much more refined. The controls layout is much improved. Where some controls felt a bit tucked away or out of sight in the previous car, the new car has everything at arms reach, very easily accessible to the driver, with a much more elegant presentation resembling that of the bigger Aventador. Having actual buttons on the steering wheel in the smaller Lambo is also a much needed addition and is now present in the Huracan.

The LED speedo display is gorgeous. Gives the car a very futuristic feel. It's a beautiful thing to look at.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

I agree with you about the design, it's needs something more. It isn't plain looking but it could use a bit more scoops and creases imo. The rear is a big let down though.. so is this new carbon fiber they are using. Not a fan at all.

The 458 is still the one to get!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan
I agree with you about the design, it's needs something more. It isn't plain looking but it could use a bit more scoops and creases imo. The rear is a big let down though.. so is this new carbon fiber they are using. Not a fan at all.

The 458 is still the one to get!
In the engine bay they seem to be using a forged carbon cover instead of the carbon fiber weave we are used to seeing. Forged carbon actually looks great when it is dry (without a clear coat), but in this case, with the clear coat, some people found it unappealing. I don't mind it. I think it looks ok. I would go for the McLaren MP4-12C personally, but I can't say for sure as I have yet to drive this. All I got to do in this is sit in it and start the engine. Until test drives are conducted, the jury is still out in my opinion.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Is immediately obsolete with the 2015 Ferrari 458 going twin turbo and the 650S being TT, both of which have more power and way more torque
      06-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #6
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Is immediately obsolete with the 2015 Ferrari 458 going twin turbo and the 650S being TT, both of which have more power and way more torque
I agree with you but people who buy a Lambo don't care about which car is faster they buy it because they want a Lambo.

Even though I think the Ferrari is the better car I would still get this over it because of how it looks and sounds.
      06-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #7
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM
I think it may still be a compelling option depending on how it drives. Remember at launch the turbo powered MP4-12C was declared somewhat inferior to the much less powerful, naturally aspirated 458 Italia based on how they went about delivering their power, the McLaren being more composed and clinical than the more spirited Ferrari. The Huracan may be a less powerful option but it may make up for that with driving character. Not to mention I expect it to cost much less than the 650s and maybe even slightly less than the 458.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #8
Tuskir
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

That is definitely true, Lambos depreciate a lot more than Ferrari so this Huracan will be a very attractive used car purchase. I'm sure it will be plenty fast with 610hp and relatively light weight.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
I think it may still be a compelling option depending on how it drives. Remember at launch the turbo powered MP4-12C was declared somewhat inferior to the much less powerful, naturally aspirated 458 Italia based on how they went about delivering their power, the McLaren being more composed and clinical than the more spirited Ferrari. The Huracan may be a less powerful option but it may make up for that with driving character. Not to mention I expect it to cost much less than the 650s and maybe even slightly less than the 458.
Very good points...I love the looks and sound myself, but for my money Id get a 458T all day and everyday...
      06-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

I was there as well..its a beautiful car. However, for me personally, if I'm spending 200k+ the doors need to go up. I'd rather have an LP670. The new Aventador is beautiful from the front, but the rear I prefer the Murci still
Appreciate 0