BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #1
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

M6 coupe, vert or GC

I'm really confused on what I should do at the moment. I placed an order for an Audi S6 fully loaded a few weeks ago. I went for Misano red on black. Then I changed the order to an S7 because I wanted to stick with the four door coupe style. I still don't have an allocation because it takes 3 months average to get one, and another 3-4 months to get the car if I don't do European delivery. Lease price is around $900~ because my cousin gave me a good deal, but I would need to put my car on swapalease or leasetrader.

I couldn't sleep last night so I started building out M6's. I already have a 640 Gran Coupe, but I really don't like the size of the car, it is too long to park in normal spots and I rarely have more than one passenger.

I want the vert because I've wanted one for a while, but is it DD friendly as the coupe? The coupe would be cheaper per month as well. I would want to do individual exterior, with either Sakhir or black full interior.

Individual exterior I would want one of these:

Frozen Brilliant White
Moonstone
Tanzanite Blue
Java Green
Fire Orange
Daytona Violet

I talked to my CA today and he told me he can get me out of my current lease end of this year, and I should go with an M car (M5/M6) and do European delivery. If I do European delivery I would want to pick up the car during May/June of next year. I just want to figure out what I should get so I won't get bored of driving as I did with the 640.

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640
I'm really confused on what I should do at the moment. I placed an order for an Audi S6 fully loaded a few weeks ago. I went for Misano red on black. Then I changed the order to an S7 because I wanted to stick with the four door coupe style. I still don't have an allocation because it takes 3 months average to get one, and another 3-4 months to get the car if I don't do European delivery. Lease price is around $900~ because my cousin gave me a good deal, but I would need to put my car on swapalease or leasetrader.

I couldn't sleep last night so I started building out M6's. I already have a 640 Gran Coupe, but I really don't like the size of the car, it is too long to park in normal spots and I rarely have more than one passenger.

I want the vert because I've wanted one for a while, but is it DD friendly as the coupe? The coupe would be cheaper per month as well. I would want to do individual exterior, with either Sakhir or black full interior.

Individual exterior I would want one of these:

Frozen Brilliant White
Moonstone
Tanzanite Blue
Java Green
Fire Orange
Daytona Violet

I talked to my CA today and he told me he can get me out of my current lease end of this year, and I should go with an M car (M5/M6) and do European delivery. If I do European delivery I would want to pick up the car during May/June of next year. I just want to figure out what I should get so I won't get bored of driving as I did with the 640.

Well....if you want to avoid the size. Stay clear of the GC. But remember/ the coupe/vert are only 4 inches shorter, so it's really not that big of a difference.

I'm totally bias but I say the coupe. Frozen brilliant white ive always been a fan of, but I just preferred going frozen black this go around.

Um...but your time frame is a year away. Things can change for you. I'd say revisit this topic in March of 2016 when the 2017 model allocations will be available for a may/June ED. Remember/ the 2016 productions end in January, and if you do any individual option- it adds 4-6 weeks on top of the normal build because of submitting the request to AG.
      05-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

Yes I know my time frame is a bit far out, but I rushed buying the 640 and I got bored of driving the car last September. Regardless it is a great car, but I don't want to make the same mistake.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #4
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Right on, I'm with you- you can never be too prepared.

Nice to see a fellow seattleite around here. Well, I was born/raised in the Rainer drive area (I know, I know )but made my way out to Ca.

Just make sure your CA can get an early allocation. A couple of us had our orders ready before they took the 2016s, but they all got delayed until April for some reason. One of the forum members is getting his this week finally, and I'll be getting mine in about a month since i did an individual order. You're going to absolutely love the M6! Never drove the normal 6s, but I've heard it's night and day!
      05-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #5
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

I'm trying to figure out euro invoice, from what I've read it is about 14-16% off MSRP, is this correct? And the price for individual paint still remains the same?

I like Seattle, I moved here when I was 4 from LA, but too many people are moving here and it is becoming crowded. I'm always in California for work (San Fran and LA), at least you can enjoy the sunshine most year round!

I spoke with him and he told me if I want to do late European delivery I should submit my order by December so I can get the holiday cash and other incentives, and then I can pick out a delivery date. Normal 6 drives like a boat TBH (640 GC) I have 20K miles on it, I enjoyed it at first and thought I would get into something else when the lease was up, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. I have more fun driving my friends loaner Yaris
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 09:30 PM   #6
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out euro invoice, from what I've read it is about 14-16% off MSRP, is this correct? And the price for individual paint still remains the same?

I like Seattle, I moved here when I was 4 from LA, but too many people are moving here and it is becoming crowded. I'm always in California for work (San Fran and LA), at least you can enjoy the sunshine most year round!

I spoke with him and he told me if I want to do late European delivery I should submit my order by December so I can get the holiday cash and other incentives, and then I can pick out a delivery date. Normal 6 drives like a boat TBH (640 GC) I have 20K miles on it, I enjoyed it at first and thought I would get into something else when the lease was up, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. I have more fun driving my friends loaner Yaris
I'm not sure as far as how much you get discounted on the ED (I've never done it. Others here have much more experience with that) however- some of those individual colors you mentioned (frozen white, tz black) are 3500. If it's a color that's been done before but not a "semi individual"/priority 1 color, it's 5K and if it's something that goes against their catalog, if approved, can go up to 7200. These prices don't change, but they're residualized into your lease anyways.

What your Ca said seems off though (as far as maintaining the holiday credits and such) so they'd lock you in on a rate since December...90 days later, rerun your credit to re lock an incentive to hold you over 180 days?

From my personal experience, you couldn't lock anything on an incoming year model until the order guide comes out, which is in February- at which obviously, the holidays credit aren't available. Otherwise everyone would be locking in during the holidays months in advanced. The ONLY way this would make sense is if you were to take ED in January, which is when the 2016 model production will end, so you make sure if that's what he says, you get that in writing. Cause to me, it doesn't seem feasible (any other 6er here please correct me if I'm wrong)

Haha...the Yaris is pretty fun. It's what I'm driving while I wait for my car to get to LA.
      05-25-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

I'll make sure with him tomorrow about the incentives and everything.

Are the seats other than the leather (dakota vs napa) the same? The seats make the car uncomfortable to drive for long hours in the 640.
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2015, 09:46 PM   #8
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:

Are the seats other than the leather (dakota vs napa) the same? The seats make the car uncomfortable to drive for long hours in the 640.
@m6coupe you may be able to answer his question better given that you had a 650 before the m6.

I haven't done my research on a 6 series- so I'm not sure. I know the difference between a Yaris and an m6 seats though!

If you're in LA after July and would want to see the LCI interior+ new features, let me know and we'll schedule a meet up that way you can compare the two for yourself
      05-26-2015, 12:32 AM   #9
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640 View Post

Not sure about 640, but M6 has the same seat of 650 but instead of napa, has merino leather and to be honest with you I take napa over merino all day long. Merino is soft and very easy to be scratched, but looks nicer!
In case of M6, as @Mr.Sugarskulls already said they are almost the same size, GC is 4" longer than Coupe and Convertible; however Coupe is ~150lb lighter than GC and 250lb lighter than Convertible. I believe Coupe has the better handling and dynamic than those two too.
Now If you really enjoy driving your friend's "Yaris", I would say non of M6 are good for you. You need to get M3/M4 if you want to have a smaller car with much more fun than 640; but for sure seats are not as comfortable and nice as 6er...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #10
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
@m6coupe you may be able to answer his question better given that you had a 650 before the m6.

I haven't done my research on a 6 series- so I'm not sure. I know the difference between a Yaris and an m6 seats though!

If you're in LA after July and would want to see the LCI interior+ new features, let me know and we'll schedule a meet up that way you can compare the two for yourself
I am going to be in LA for two weeks during the end of July, I'll definitely want to meet up and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Not sure about 640, but M6 has the same seat of 650 but instead of napa, has merino leather and to be honest with you I take napa over merino all day long. Merino is soft and very easy to be scratched, but looks nicer!
In case of M6, as @Mr.Sugarskulls already said they are almost the same size, GC is 4" longer than Coupe and Convertible; however Coupe is ~150lb lighter than GC and 250lb lighter than Convertible. I believe Coupe has the better handling and dynamic than those two too.
Now If you really enjoy driving your friend's "Yaris", I would say non of M6 are good for you. You need to get M3/M4 if you want to have a smaller car with much more fun than 640; but for sure seats are not as comfortable and nice as 6er...
Are the seats comfortable for long drives?

My friend has an M3 and we can switch cars at anytime. I drive his around all the time, it is a nice and fun car to drive, but I rather get the M6.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #11
devondragon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
If you're asking about M6 Seats, I just did a 700+ mile road trip with my wife in my '14 M6 coupe and it was amazingly comfortable and easy to drive. Just had to watch the speedo, as it just kept drifting higher Much more comfortable for long drives than my M3 or B5 Audi S4.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #12
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Are the seats comfortable for long drives?
Yes they are comfortable. 20 ways adjustment let you adjust every single position you want...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #13
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

I cant believe anyone thinks any of these cars are too big.

I have to pull over and get out just to change my mind they are so small.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #14
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Had both, coupe and grancoupe, for me gran coupe any day
      05-26-2015, 01:55 PM   #15
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
I admire your advance planning! I've been thinking for years about my next car, and finally have ordered a Tanzanite Blue M6 Gran Coupe for August delivery in Munich. I'll put about 1100 miles on it then ship it home. I think the MSRP for ED is 8% off the base price, and ultimately I think normal rules apply to how negotiable that price is. I can't give you advice on the various body styles, I just know what I liked. I need 4 doors, but liked the M6 better than the M5. As with many of these choices, just "because."

For anybody who disagrees with my choice of car, my stock response will be "Good, because I only ordered one."
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #16
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider View Post
I cant believe anyone thinks any of these cars are too big.

I have to pull over and get out just to change my mind they are so small.
Correct, compare to competitors (RS7, CLS63, S63, Panamera TT), they are not big at all, but I wish the next generation shaves 4-5 inches ...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #17
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

I doubt you will get bored driving the M6 like you got bored with the 640. I enjoy my M6 Coupe every single time I drive it. I actually end up going places and running errands just so I can drive it.

The seats are incredibly comfortable as well. Normally my lower back starts hurting after about 4-5 hours of continuous driving. When I picked up my car in Houston, TX and drove back to Wichita, KS my back didn't hurt one bit. This is the first car I have owned where my back doesn't hurt.

The Merino leather is soft and feels great. Clean it with some leather cleaner and leather conditioner from Adams Polishes and let it sit overnight. Hop in the next morning and the seats feel like heaven on your rear end.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #18
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Yes they are comfortable. 20 ways adjustment let you adjust every single position you want...
That's good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab View Post
I admire your advance planning! I've been thinking for years about my next car, and finally have ordered a Tanzanite Blue M6 Gran Coupe for August delivery in Munich. I'll put about 1100 miles on it then ship it home. I think the MSRP for ED is 8% off the base price, and ultimately I think normal rules apply to how negotiable that price is. I can't give you advice on the various body styles, I just know what I liked. I need 4 doors, but liked the M6 better than the M5. As with many of these choices, just "because."

For anybody who disagrees with my choice of car, my stock response will be "Good, because I only ordered one."
I like the style of the gran coupe a lot, but I'm still young so I want to enjoy a coupe for a few years before I need a four door again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
I doubt you will get bored driving the M6 like you got bored with the 640. I enjoy my M6 Coupe every single time I drive it. I actually end up going places and running errands just so I can drive it.

The seats are incredibly comfortable as well. Normally my lower back starts hurting after about 4-5 hours of continuous driving. When I picked up my car in Houston, TX and drove back to Wichita, KS my back didn't hurt one bit. This is the first car I have owned where my back doesn't hurt.

The Merino leather is soft and feels great. Clean it with some leather cleaner and leather conditioner from Adams Polishes and let it sit overnight. Hop in the next morning and the seats feel like heaven on your rear end.

Brian
That's good to know, I have back issues from previous car accidents, so on long drives I get really tired and achy in the 640 so I just don't enjoy driving it.

I have Wolf's Chemicals Nano Leather Sealant on the seats of the 640. The dakota leather is pretty stiff, but I conditioned the leather and sealed the seats after I got it, so they are soft, but not as soft as napa or the merino leather.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 03:04 PM   #19
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
If I do European delivery I would want to pick up the car during May/June of next year.
If you do ED, maybe time it so that you're not in the middle of tourist season (ie. clear roads and less likely to be hit), but still have good weather.

Quote:
I just want to figure out what I should get so I won't get bored of driving as I did with the 640.
"Bored" and "M" are never found in the same sentence
Appreciate 0