BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #45
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

Don't buy an M6 , they are absolutely awful handling cars and you could kill yourself with the RWD system they have on , this is what I told my daughter .. And to this day she hasn't bought one , as she trust her dads views !!

Instead she bought a tricycle, great advice for a 10 year old girl I think ...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #46
rsr racer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel lane View Post
Don't buy an M6 , they are absolutely awful handling cars and you could kill yourself with the RWD system they have on , this is what I told my daughter .. And to this day she hasn't bought one , as she trust her dads views !!

Instead she bought a tricycle, great advice for a 10 year old girl I think ...
I'd definitely wait till she's 11 to get the M6 for her.
      03-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #47
rsr racer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Speaking about "state of art" let me post this beauty too.
This car was king of the roads ...
Fire chicken!! One of my all time fav's
      03-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #48
jettie1767
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW i7 xdrive60

Garage List
It's a rwd car so it will not perform like a fwd or an awd car in snow. Even if you put snow tires on it, which I have, it will be driveable in the snow but it won't have as good a traction as awd. Case in point, just a slight incline on my street and there was about 3-4 inches of unplowed snow on it caused my wheels to spin right as I was about to reach the top. Had to roll down backwards and go to the other entrance to my development so the car is going downhill instead of uphill on the way to my house. This was the snowstorm that hit NJ in early March.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #49
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

...and make sure all your tires are at the same pressure. Just 1.5 psi down will cause a RWD vehicle to react violently.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #50
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Dude have you ever driven M3?
So far I have driven one M3 MT and two M4 MT and DCT.
If you love the look of M3 you need to test drive the MT one.
I believe the first gear of DCT is "too much" for M3/M4. Lots of useless torque is transferred to the rear wheel. MT has much better drivability and fun.
Yes, I drove a black on black one with black wheels (I hate sapphire black because I feel like I have had it so many times (and have it now), still, this car looked sweet).

The car had the DCT -which I liked a LOT better than I thought I would. I was however driving it in St. Louis where it was much warmer than here -felt nice, and at the same time, I didn't do anything remotely crazy.

I am however a manual trans guy (Where possible) and I refuse to go drive the M3 with manual, because if I end up loving it, I'm screwed.

PS - the M3 also did not have a sunroof -something I want in my cars (and something I miss in my 1M). I totally understand you guys not caring -cause on those hot sunny days here in Chicago, the first thing I do is close my shade. But the 350 other cloudy days here in Chicago, it is open
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #51
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Bought my first M6 at 19. I'm 25 and on my second. I'm still alive... I think.

Truth is what your brother is telling you is borderline ridiculous. No modern car is a death trap. No matter how powerful and what drivetrain bias it's designed around. RWD, 600hp or not there's driver aids like the traction and stability control system that should keep you from wrecking yourself and others so long as you use them within reason. Go for a proper test drive. If you truly like the car, buy it, if not, move on.
I don't know about it being a death trap but what brother is referring to is the crazy winter weather they experience in NY. I've gone through about 6-7 rwd cars through every imaginable weather here in Canada and N54/N55 (tuned) were the most difficult to handle in extreme weather than my current M3 mainly due to the significant torque down low and lack of differential.

OP, you will some difficult days/weeks during those winter storms you guys experience in NY if this is a daily driver. However, rwd offers the most fun you can have.

Also if you go with the M6 or any bimmer, you can pick up the car in NC at BMWs Performance center. The whole thing is free of charge and you will definitely improve as driver from the experience.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #52
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
I understand the desire for a coupe over a four door when you're in the early 20's.
I did not care much for loading up passengers in my car when I was younger. Now that I'm 33 I tend to lean more towards a good balance. I was actually dead set on getting the M6 Coupe, but something changed my mind last minute and I chose the GC. I do not regret it at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #53
nyy13lal24dal9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo View Post
I understand the desire for a coupe over a four door when you're in the early 20's.
I did not care much for loading up passengers in my car when I was younger. Now that I'm 33 I tend to lean more towards a good balance. I was actually dead set on getting the M6 Coupe, but something changed my mind last minute and I chose the GC. I do not regret it at all.
I am 22 and went with Gran Coupe. I like the the extra bit of size I feel like it gives it a bit more presence.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #54
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Oh my bad... sorry that was another guy LOL
But seriously are you 22 years old??
Buddy let me tell you like your brother... forget about M6. I'm serious. You will crash it and kill yourself.
Really? Does everyone here with an M6 think they are such a great and accomplished driver? Surely, no one else could possibly have EARNED the right to drive an M6... "Sorry, buddy, you're just not up to it (like I am)..."

Get off your friggin' high horse! Anyone can drive an M6. Just don't drive like an idiot. Maybe the OP appreciates the car... Maybe the OP has the money to afford one... Who is ANYONE to tell him he's not up to driving the car?

The PDC will put ANYONE in an M6 on the track for training... They don't have to have a resume of cars, or be a specific age, to earn this privilege. All they have to do is respect the vehicle and take the time to learn...

Buy the car if you want it. Good for you. Just respect the car and don't drive like an idiot (like others on this forum) and you'll be fine!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #55
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Really? Does everyone here with an M6 think they are such a great and accomplished driver? Surely, no one else could possibly have EARNED the right to drive an M6... "Sorry, buddy, you're just not up to it (like I am)..."

Get off your friggin' high horse! Anyone can drive an M6. Just don't drive like an idiot. Maybe the OP appreciates the car... Maybe the OP has the money to afford one... Who is ANYONE to tell him he's not up to driving the car?

The PDC will put ANYONE in an M6 on the track for training... They don't have to have a resume of cars, or be a specific age, to earn this privilege. All they have to do is respect the vehicle and take the time to learn...

Buy the car if you want it. Good for you. Just respect the car and don't drive like an idiot (like others on this forum) and you'll be fine!
I think your sarcasm meter needs calibration
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #56
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post

LOL... Calm down buddy... that's exactly why I said M6 is not suitable for your age
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0