BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-23-2023, 01:38 PM   #1
rlewis954
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i

Garage List
F06 Hit Curb

I am sure there is a thread on this but I’m a newb and have searched. Recently hit a curb with left front. Had wheel replaced and replaced the left front lower rearward control arm. I replaced it with a Lemforder.. Alignment was close, but I had it aligned to be safe. Everything is checking out good, but am getting the chassis stabilization warning (warning shows drivable), pedestrian warning, and crash avoidance warning. Any advice is really appreciated or point me towards the correct thread. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 09:05 PM   #2
rlewis954
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i

Garage List
Thumbs up Not Relevant

Really 29 views and not a single response. Sorry if I posted wrong. It's been a really crappy couple of weeks here. I thought the people on my s550 Mustang GT forum were douches. Always bashing and never helpful, only fighting. I've owned multiple Bimmers for over 30 years now and have always helped out or directed people in the right direction. My current BMW has a lot more computer controlled options than my previous ones. The 3 series guys are awesome. You 6 series guys are class A douchebags i am going to sell this F06 just so I'm not associated with y'all. Can't wait for the admins to kick me off this site.

Last edited by rlewis954; 12-23-2023 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 10:44 AM   #3
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Did you consider that none of the 29 viewers know the answer? I've been on here 6 years and have thousands of posts, and I don't know the answer because I've never had the issue. I vaguely recall it coming up, but that leaves me in the same position as you - having to search for it. And you only waited a little over 7 hours - right before a holiday no less. Wow. Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Opie55; 12-24-2023 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
CININ1.50
      12-24-2023, 11:21 AM   #4
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Did you consider that none of the 29 viewers know the answer? I've been on here 6 years and have thousands of posts, and I don't know the answer because I've never had the issue. I vaguely recall it coming up, but that leaves me in the same position as you - having to search for it. And you only waited a little over 7 hours - right before a holiday no less. Wow. Merry Christmas.
Don't even reply or feed the troll. He is obviously an angry, unhinged Floridian who thinks everyone else is awful. Reminds me of Mr Cheetos. No one is going to help him now that he has insulted this entire community...and the help he needs is far more extensive than just his car. Hopefully the mods will ban him and delete this thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 11:55 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto above...this is a very busy time for most people that celebrate the holidays during this time. Plus, the active forum members are in the minority...most members only read and NEVER reply to threads. Then as Opie mentioned, the front suspension on these cars are not "simple" but are complex...which is obvious by what the OP posted:

Quote:
Recently hit a curb with left front.
  • Had wheel replaced and replaced the left front lower rearward control arm. I replaced it with a Lemforder..
  • Alignment was close, but I had it aligned to be safe.
  • Everything is checking out good, but: (how can this be when you have the issues below?)
    1. am getting the chassis stabilization warning (warning shows drivable),
    2. pedestrian warning, and
    3. crash avoidance warning.
Any advice is really appreciated
What is confusing is...how can every thing be good when there are 3 warnings? There's obviously something overlooked by those that did the work that was performed. They may have replaced the arm and did an alignment...but the pedestrian warning and chassis stabilization system have not been fixed...or error codes reset.

Why not go back to the people who replaced the arm and did the alignment and have them hook up their diagnostic equipment so that they can read what other error codes the car's system has.

If the curb was hit hard enough...the ACSM (crash module) has fault codes...and its' obvious the pedestrian warning system has set a fault code...so until those ECUs are accessed to see if they can be reset...or fixed...everything is NOT good.

Just some thoughts from a so called "class A douchebag"
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-24-2023 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 04:59 PM   #6
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Qsilver7 You are WAY too nice and helpful. He totally does not deserve your wisdom and time. You are a hero to these forums. One of these days, I have to meet you!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 02:02 AM   #7
MeesterQ
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Hi, just saw your post. I happen to have been in your position, but not sure how hard you hit the curb?
Because after I hit the curb, my repair bill was $30k
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 11:26 AM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Qsilver7 You are WAY too nice and helpful…
This thread did make me pause for a second because by the time I read it…I had a day full of mine own problems (garage door stopped halfway up with a broken cable & main TV went blank on a Saturday night right before a 2-day holiday where 90% of everything is closed). It would have been easy to dismiss the OP due to their commentary…but what makes these forums work best is the shared info that goes beyond the initial poster. We all gain insight or direction (as a collective) from the info posted.

BTW…the VIEWS vs REPLIES are 99.9% of the time a lot different…just look at how lopsided they are in this screen shot from today. As previously mentioned, the members that reply to posts are the vocal minority whereas most of the forum members are in the silent majority…they read the threads but rarely post or reply.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-25-2023 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 05:21 PM   #9
Alpine650
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 650i xDrive Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewis954 View Post
I am sure there is a thread on this but I’m a newb and have searched. Recently hit a curb with left front. Had wheel replaced and replaced the left front lower rearward control arm. I replaced it with a Lemforder.. Alignment was close, but I had it aligned to be safe. Everything is checking out good, but am getting the chassis stabilization warning (warning shows drivable), pedestrian warning, and crash avoidance warning. Any advice is really appreciated or point me towards the correct thread. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the late response buddy. I've been on a 3 day bender for the holidays. I had the exact same problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 09:30 PM   #10
MeesterQ
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

So I lost control and hit the curb coming in a bit hot. Ran into a sapling that gently stopped me, so no airbags went off.
The number of items they replaced seemed a bit extensive, but I have no issues. There were other costs that ran the total up to just over $30k, but it didn’t include any additional parts not shown already.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 01:04 PM   #11
Shanine
Registered
Rep
Drives: Camaro ZL1

F06 Hit curb

Seeing the F06 Hit Curb is really an eye-opening! So hard to make it right and really challenge you in many ways. It's clear that investing in a continuous curbing machine like this can revolutionize the way construction projects are executed.
Appreciate 0