BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-25-2024, 06:26 AM   #1
suj999
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F06 640d M Sport, F10 520d SE

ZF 8HP Auto Gearbox Service - Ideas please

Hi Guys,

Its come to that time I need to get the ZF gearbox serviced on my 640D as its getting to 55K miles.

Any recommendations please around SE England, don't mind travelling a bit.
Want the garage to use genuine ZF oil & filter.

So far has seen,

bmconnected.co.uk
Braintree, Essex

staautogearbox.co.uk
STA Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

I was thinking I would video the process and post it here for others to see in the future if they wanted.

Any other you might recommend?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 06:54 AM   #2
nmirza
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d GC

Hi Sujj,

not sure if you have already gone ahead with this but I took my 640D for a gearbox service to Matt at BM Connected. He offered the most reasonable and proper methodology for ZF8 gearbox servicing from what I could gather in the SE of England.

It was pretty much a full day's work as he had to wait for gearbox to reach a certain temperature.

Only problem was no waiting area but town was about a 15/20 minute walk if memory serves me well.

He took the time to observe underneath the car, took photos and advise on what components need to be kept an eye on and when to take action.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 08:07 AM   #3
suj999
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F06 640d M Sport, F10 520d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmirza View Post
Hi Sujj,

not sure if you have already gone ahead with this but I took my 640D for a gearbox service to Matt at BM Connected. He offered the most reasonable and proper methodology for ZF8 gearbox servicing from what I could gather in the SE of England.

It was pretty much a full day's work as he had to wait for gearbox to reach a certain temperature.

Only problem was no waiting area but town was about a 15/20 minute walk if memory serves me well.

He took the time to observe underneath the car, took photos and advise on what components need to be kept an eye on and when to take action.
Thanks mate.

Did end up taking it to BM connect.
It wasn't Matt that did the service, but it was very good.

Did end up doing a write up here
https://www.6post.com/forums/showthr...1983529&page=3
Appreciate 0