BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #111
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC View Post
As of today, it's still at "your vehicle is being transferred to the port of exit." I assume it is what I was wondering in my previous post - it stops off at Alpina on the way. Given that, I assume it will retain that status approximately through this week.
Alpina is a small enough factory where they should be able to put cameras to show the progress of your car. It would make the wait more entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 10:03 PM   #112
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
@yipyip99 here you go
      06-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #113
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
As of today, it's still at "your vehicle is being transferred to the port of exit." I assume it is what I was wondering in my previous post - it stops off at Alpina on the way. Given that, I assume it will retain that status approximately through this week.
Any update? My order still hasn't been confirmed by bmw individual. I am starting to think my week 26 build is going to be pushed back.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #114
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Any update? My order still hasn't been confirmed by bmw individual. I am starting to think my week 26 build is going to be pushed back.
Same status ("being transferred to the port of exit") all during the month of May. I'll call tomorrow to see if I can find out any more info.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #115
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Same status ("being transferred to the port of exit") all during the month of May. I'll call tomorrow to see if I can find out any more info.
I was told that the car is still at Alpina getting the aerodynamics package installed. Supposedly the delay is caused by the changes brought about by the LCI and that it will be there for about another week.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 01:25 AM   #116
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I was told that the car is still at Alpina getting the aerodynamics package installed. Supposedly the delay is caused by the changes brought about by the LCI and that it will be there for about another week.
Could be why my build date was delayed too. They are pretty sure it will be a September 5th ED though.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #117
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

This is from mid may, but looks like there are a few 2016's sitting at Alpina.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #118
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

I randomly checked the tracking website today, and the car is in production. Called the number and it said it will be done on June 25th. I get that it needs to go to alpina, but I wonder why they couldn't give me a date before September 5th. Seems odd that it would take Alpina 2 months.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:32 PM   #119
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Seems odd that it would take Alpina 2 months.
FWIW, mine's still at the same status. Seems odd to me, too. I think I'll email the CA to see if I can get any further info.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #120
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
FWIW, mine's still at the same status. Seems odd to me, too. I think I'll email the CA to see if I can get any further info.
I spoke with the ED department yesterday. Her reasoning was that it takes alpina 4 weeks not 2. But that still doesn't make much sense since my car finishes production on the 25th and won't be ready for 2 months, and your car has been at Alpina for about 2 months.

I am guessing alpina is just backed up right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #121
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

CA said that the car is complete and is waiting for a boat (the 800# says the car is still being transferred to the port of exit). Delivery at the dealership is estimated to be in about five weeks (four weeks on the water). I hope to learn the name of the boat so that I can track it across the water.

Given that initial assembly of the car at BMW was complete on 4/29, that works out to be about three months from beginning of production to delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 02:05 PM   #122
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
CA said that the car is complete and is waiting for a boat (the 800# says the car is still being transferred to the port of exit). Delivery at the dealership is estimated to be in about five weeks (four weeks on the water). I hope to learn the name of the boat so that I can track it across the water.

Given that initial assembly of the car at BMW was complete on 4/29, that works out to be about three months from beginning of production to delivery.
Which lines up with my timeline too. It was about two months for your car to get to the port, and will be about two months for my car to get back to munich for delivery.

The original extra two weeks estimation somehow became an extra two months.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #123
avilent
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6 GC

Hi Jim,

I'm following your footsteps. Ordered by B6 in May hoping to be able to use it in Europe this summer. MY CA is very nice but has little knowledge of EDs and even less of Alpina's, so I sought assistance from BMWNA and BMWAG to get the earliest possible date, but all efforts have failed. It appears that no one at NA fully understands (or cares about) the process of building US bound Alpina's and how to optimize the process for its customers.

My journey looks like...

5/14 - vehicle ordered
5/22 - Status 111
6/22 - Status 150
7/2 - Status 155
as of 7/10 - vehicle stuck in Dingolfing in "Quality" Assurance

I was fortunate enough to Visit Alpina in late June for the 50th anniversary celebration and found the Alpina staff and team to be simply amazing! They are passionate, focused on customers and performance, they are truly delightful!!! The engineers and mechanics explained how the extract maximum performance and beauty out of (already impressive) stock BMWs.

I've owned 13 BMWs in the past 25 years and deeply appreciate the engineering qualities of the Munich company, but the BMW management appears stuck in bureaucracy and has lost of customer focus.

I'm still hoping for a miracle and that we'll get the car for more than a day before we leave Europe but every conversation with NA/AG is lowing my confidence.

Hope you get your B6 soon!

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #124
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avilent View Post
Hi Jim,

I'm following your footsteps. Ordered by B6 in May hoping to be able to use it in Europe this summer. MY CA is very nice but has little knowledge of EDs and even less of Alpina's, so I sought assistance from BMWNA and BMWAG to get the earliest possible date, but all efforts have failed. It appears that no one at NA fully understands (or cares about) the process of building US bound Alpina's and how to optimize the process for its customers.

My journey looks like...

5/14 - vehicle ordered
5/22 - Status 111
6/22 - Status 150
7/2 - Status 155
as of 7/10 - vehicle stuck in Dingolfing in "Quality" Assurance

I was fortunate enough to Visit Alpina in late June for the 50th anniversary celebration and found the Alpina staff and team to be simply amazing! They are passionate, focused on customers and performance, they are truly delightful!!! The engineers and mechanics explained how the extract maximum performance and beauty out of (already impressive) stock BMWs.

I've owned 13 BMWs in the past 25 years and deeply appreciate the engineering qualities of the Munich company, but the BMW management appears stuck in bureaucracy and has lost of customer focus.

I'm still hoping for a miracle and that we'll get the car for more than a day before we leave Europe but every conversation with NA/AG is lowing my confidence.

Hope you get your B6 soon!

Enjoy!
Do you have a date for European Delivery scheduled? My car was built with yours, from what I understand they build them in batches. So every couple months they build a few together.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #125
avilent
Rep

Yes the official ED date is 8/3 but we fly back to the U.S. On 8/4 so that means that we'll only be able to make a short circle around the Weld facility before returning the car. I counted at least 2 U.S. Bound B6 on the Alpina ground on 6/25, one Alpina Blue and one Black. Based on my dialog with the Alpina staff, I believe that U.S. Alpinas are mostly manufactured by BMW and Alpina only performs a small number of minor changes along with a Final QC, the process could be done in just a few days. The process for US vehicle is very different (i.e Alpina provides the parts to BMW who assembles them). The engine is fully assembled by BMW in Lanshut (sp?), as of 2016 Alpina components that require painting are also provided to BMW in Dingolfing. Unfortunately the BMW SAP system (the one that keeps statuses like 150) is blind to the Alpina unique activities. When is your ED delivery?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #126
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avilent View Post
Yes the official ED date is 8/3 but we fly back to the U.S. On 8/4 so that means that we'll only be able to make a short circle around the Weld facility before returning the car. I counted at least 2 U.S. Bound B6 on the Alpina ground on 6/25, one Alpina Blue and one Black. Based on my dialog with the Alpina staff, I believe that U.S. Alpinas are mostly manufactured by BMW and Alpina only performs a small number of minor changes along with a Final QC, the process could be done in just a few days. The process for US vehicle is very different (i.e Alpina provides the parts to BMW who assembles them). The engine is fully assembled by BMW in Lanshut (sp?), as of 2016 Alpina components that require painting are also provided to BMW in Dingolfing. Unfortunately the BMW SAP system (the one that keeps statuses like 150) is blind to the Alpina unique activities. When is your ED delivery?

September 8th, I asked for an ED the first two weeks of August but they said the earliest they could have it ready is September 5th. My production ended June 25th, I have no clue why they are telling me September and you are able to get yours in August.

I ordered a few individual options, but if production was already complete, I don't see how that delays it. It doesn't really matter, September actually works better for me with travel. But it's odd that none of us can get any direct answers from BMW on how this process works.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #127
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I'm sorry to report that something is not right on my end.

I talked with two representatives from BMWNA on Monday, and both were very evasive. Neither rep could tell me where the car is, but both said it is not at the port. When I asked what the production status code was, both reps said that they did not have access to that information. That's total BS, since I got that information instantly when I called in the past, both for the M6GC as well as the B6 before and while it was being assembled. It makes me wonder if it is in the dreaded 170-176 range (one of the post-production workshop codes). When pressed, the second rep conceded that it may be in the workshop to address some kind of "issue."

Clearly, what I was told by the CA (that it was waiting for a boat) was not correct, and I expressed my dissatisfaction to the CA about that fact. Supposedly one of the higher ups in the dealership contacted BMWNA and is awaiting a response. It seems to me that BMWNA would have provided a quick response if there is a benign reason for the delay, but that was three days ago.

I am very patient and gracious when people make a good-faith effort to resolve a problem, but I feel like people may be hiding something. Somebody better start talking soon, for my patience is wearing thin. I have no intention of buying a known lemon, if that is the problem. I could be gratefully talked into a mega deal on an I8, though...

I hope you have better luck than me, Avilent and Djsaad1.

Last edited by JimM6GC; 07-11-2015 at 01:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 01:50 AM   #128
Marinite
Rep
Drives: B6 (Soon)!

I have a B6 ordered (in Frozen Brilliant White) with a ED pickup date in Welt of 7/20. I have a 5-day drive with hotels booked, not to mention flying to Munich etc., My dealer says all is well with my 7/20 pick-up date and I've received an email confirmation from BMW at Welt. I shouldn't be worried that my car won't be there when we arrive according to schedule...right?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 06:36 AM   #129
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinite View Post
I have a B6 ordered (in Frozen Brilliant White) with a ED pickup date in Welt of 7/20. I have a 5-day drive with hotels booked, not to mention flying to Munich etc., My dealer says all is well with my 7/20 pick-up date and I've received an email confirmation from BMW at Welt. I shouldn't be worried that my car won't be there when we arrive according to schedule...right?
You should be fine, when did you place your order? Can't wait to see some pictures, looks like you will be the first out of this brady bunch that will receive his.

Last edited by dsad1; 07-11-2015 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 06:42 AM   #130
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry to report that something is not right on my end.

I talked with two representatives from BMWNA on Monday, and both were very evasive. Neither rep could tell me where the car is, but both said it is not at the port. When I asked what the production status code was, both reps said that they did not have access to that information. That's total BS, since I got that information instantly when I called in the past, both for the M6GC as well as the B6 before and while it was being assembled. It makes me wonder if it is in the dreaded 170-176 range (one of the post-production workshop codes). When pressed, the second rep conceded that it may be in the workshop to address some kind of "issue."

Clearly, what I was told by the CA (that it was waiting for a boat) was not correct, and I expressed my dissatisfaction to the CA about that fact. Supposedly one of the higher ups in the dealership contacted BMWNA and is awaiting a response. It seems to me that BMWNA would have provided a quick response if there is a benign reason for the delay, but that was three days ago.

I am very patient and gracious when people make a good-faith effort to resolve a problem, but I feel like people may be hiding something. Somebody better start talking soon, for my patience is wearing thin. I have no intention of buying a known lemon, if that is the problem. I could be gratefully talked into a mega deal on an I8, though...

I hope you have better luck than me, Avilent and Djsaad1.
Your car was built with the first batch. It doesn't make sense for you to be delayed this long. Looking through cars.com or autotrader, I don't see any 2016's on the ground in the U.S. which also doesn't make sense.

I am sure everything will be ok with your car, but yes, I would try to find out all the information about what is going on before you accept the order.

You might want to try Jonathan Ganser at Alpina, he has replied to me a few times, and seems to know a lot about every car that goes through there. PM me if you want his email.

Last edited by dsad1; 07-11-2015 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 07:10 AM   #131
avilent
Rep

Quote:
September 8th, I asked for an ED the first two weeks of August but they said the earliest they could have it ready is September 5th. My production ended June 25th, I have no clue why they are telling me September and you are able to get yours in August.

I ordered a few individual options, but if production was already complete, I don't see how that delays it. It doesn't really matter, September actually works better for me with travel. But it's odd that none of us can get any direct answers from BMW on how this process works.

I had to deleted my priority 1 requests (Merino & special color) to reduce the production time. My CA didn't have hard numbers but claimed that removing the prio 1 options would shave at least 2 weeks from the process.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 07:14 AM   #132
avilent
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinite View Post
While in Germany, buy a bunch of bottles of the BMW Insect Remover (83-12-2-298-216) this is the best way to protect your frozen color. This product is really good at removing the mess resulting of bugs crashing in your gorgeous B6 a autobahn speed :-)
Appreciate 0