BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #23
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i xDrive Convertible

Mission accomplished! And Yes Mccurry...HE BLUE THINGY ABOVE IS THE SHIPPING BLOCK! GET IT OUT OF THERE! Here is an update after returning from the BMW service dept today!

DOUG_999 - YOU WERE 1000% correct! They forgot to remove the fricken shipping spacers from ALL 4 SPRINGS! Funny thing is I bought the car with 650 miles from the dealer who first sold it to THEIR OWN SALES MANAGER...HE DROVE IT WITH THE SPACERS IN FOR 650 miles...then I drove it for 700 miles....was very close to making a claim with BMW for full refund ...Very happy 650i xDrive Gran Coupe driver now! The ride is 100% better...I sold my 20s and bought OEM 19s ...cash neutral. Thanks for your support! This is a great site!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #24
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

WOW - that is great news! I suspect they used to be like what ManiacGT posted and now have changed to the new style and thus the dealers are missing them.

Now I just need you to come a little bit east so I can go for a ride in your car. You can meet me in Wheaton
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Mccurry..UES The Blue Thingy is the shipping block! Get it out of there!

YOU WERE 1000% correct! They forgot to remove the fricken shipping spacers from ALL 4 SPRINGS! Funny thing is I bought the car with 650 miles from the dealer who first sold it to THEIR OWN SALES MANAGER...HE DROVE IT WITHT HE SPACERS IN FOR 650 miles...then I drove it for 700 miles....they basically just said sorry and left it at that. I called the service manager to let him too know what I thought...was polite....he appreciated the input. Then he proceeded to blame an out of state dealer (MO) where they swapped for the "unit". They claimed the MO dealer was responsible for PDI! I just let it go.....pick your battles.

Very happy 650i xDrive Gran Coupe driver now! Thanks for the tip! Rides sooo much better now!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #26
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Mccurry..Yes The Blue Thingy is the shipping block! Get it out of there!

YOU WERE 1000% correct! They forgot to remove the fricken shipping spacers from ALL 4 SPRINGS! Funny thing is I bought the car with 650 miles from the dealer who first sold it to THEIR OWN SALES MANAGER...HE DROVE IT WITHT HE SPACERS IN FOR 650 miles...then I drove it for 700 miles....they basically just said sorry and left it at that. I called the service manager to let him too know what I thought...was polite....he appreciated the input. Then he proceeded to blame an out of state dealer (MO) where they swapped for the "unit". They claimed the MO dealer was responsible for PDI! I just let it go.....pick your battles.

Very happy 650i xDrive Gran Coupe driver now! Thanks for the tip! Rides sooo much better now!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
J4193
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 gc

Would bmw even give you a refund if you made a claim?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #28
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Good news you got this sorted... something for others to check!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #29
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

This is unbelievable
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #30
Mccurry
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by likecarz View Post
Mccurry..Yes The Blue Thingy is the shipping block! Get it out of there!

yes i just removed it earlier this afternoon myself. the ride improved by 100%. How careless of dealership, disappointing.

fyi: mine has 4 pieces in front wheel, 6 at the back. Total 20 pcs of shipping blocks
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #31
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by likecarz
Mission accomplished! And Yes Mccurry...HE BLUE THINGY ABOVE IS THE SHIPPING BLOCK! GET IT OUT OF THERE! Here is an update after returning from the BMW service dept today!

DOUG_999 - YOU WERE 1000% correct! They forgot to remove the fricken shipping spacers from ALL 4 SPRINGS! Funny thing is I bought the car with 650 miles from the dealer who first sold it to THEIR OWN SALES MANAGER...HE DROVE IT WITH THE SPACERS IN FOR 650 miles...then I drove it for 700 miles....was very close to making a claim with BMW for full refund ...Very happy 650i xDrive Gran Coupe driver now! The ride is 100% better...I sold my 20s and bought OEM 19s ...cash neutral. Thanks for your support! This is a great site!
Thanks so much to all of you. I can't wait to get back to my car in a few weeks to see if the blocks are my problem as well. You guys are awesome for sharing your knowledge and experience.

I am actually hoping that the blocks are my problem as well, so I can have them removed and start to enjoy the car I wasn't too excited to drive after a while.
      09-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #32
Brazz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Garage List
2014 640i GC  [0.00]
Amazing... Does driving the car for that long with the blocks cause any damage to the suspension????
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #33
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

No - the blocks are designed to take the impact of suspension travel so it wouldn't cause damage - but I feel like OP's complaints must be an understatement because those things are designed to keep the cars from bouncing into each other during overseas and ground transport (1000's of miles). I can't even imagine how poor his driving experience must have been.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #34
richard313
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi M-sport

I wouldn't service my car at that dealership after such careless mistake.

Not to mentione they probably charged you for PDI, if thy did, you should request a refund. They clearly didn't do a proper PDI.

Glad you got everything sorted out!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #35
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

This is a travesty! BMW PDI is a joke...at least it was on my car! Imagine a $100k BMW going out to the customer like this....the dealer told me no damage from the car being driven with the blocks! I imagine there are other PDI issues they might have missed. My dealer in Naperville, IL ( Bill Jacobs BMW) blamed the original dealer in MO where they traded for that car...they said the receiving dealer is responsible for the PDI....but the irony of it is that I am the second owner...the first owner was their own Sales Manager who drive it for 700 miles without a complaint?????? I was ready to call BMW regional and national management for a full credit trade or refund....but it's moot now. Let us know Samurai what you find when you get back!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #36
J4193
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 gc

Yea I'm in Chicago and that dealer sucks . Would they even give a refund if you called?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #37
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

This happened to me on my E92 M3 a few years ago. It was a dealer trade and my dealer said they thought the first (original) dealer completed PDI. Even so they should have checked. But I only drove it about 10 miles before I knew there was a problem. The front end had zero suspension travel. (Rear was fine, blocks removed). Steering response was great though.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #38
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
This is a travesty! BMW PDI is a joke...at least it was on my car! Imagine a $100k BMW going out to the customer like this....the dealer told me no damage from the car being driven with the blocks! I imagine there are other PDI issues they might have missed. My dealer in Naperville, IL ( Bill Jacobs BMW) blamed the original dealer in MO where they traded for that car...they said the receiving dealer is responsible for the PDI....but the irony of it is that I am the second owner...the first owner was their own Sales Manager who drive it for 700 miles without a complaint?????? I was ready to call BMW regional and national management for a full credit trade or refund....but it's moot now. Let us know Samurai what you find when you get back!
Thanks for the concern. I will definitely keep you guys updated. I am glad to hear you are finally happy with your car now.

I know exactly how you felt when you started this thread. It's not a good feeling when you are unhappy with a 100k purchase, lol. Looking forward to see if my problem can be fixed the same way!
      09-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #39
Andreas SA
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 640i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
This is unbelievable
I would have killed the guyz at the dealer ignoring to take out the things/check again my complain!

I am just gettting the same bad experiences here in SA...dealer has to do some repairs on my car...good it back with dirty leather (white!), blue pen marks on th eleather and two damages on the interiour!

Andreas
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #40
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 V10 All Black

guys i had the same exact issue!!! drove my car for 15oo miles with shipping spacers in it, even made a post about it.
i had bubbles in one of my tires which was replaced as 'good will' also waiting on a check for a month off my payment
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #41
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

What's with these guys forgetting to remove the spacers at PDI? is it something new? is it that the spacer designs were changed (smaller tucked way up inside the spring housings)? Never heard of this kind of rash of carelessness at PDI. They seem to be hiding behind some kind of problem. At least you got 1 month off payment.l got nothing except a "sorry"!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #42
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccurry
is the blue thingy shipping blocks?
Ok gentlemen, please clarify for me... do I need to have these blue things removed to improve the ride quality of my car? I finally got the opportunity to check out my springs, and although I do not have those yellow blocks on the coils of my springs, I do in fact have the blue things on the inside cylinder of the springs on the front wheels only.

please let me know if that is normal, and I will just have to drive 10 mph under the speed limit to avoid flying out of the driver seat every time I come across a bump in the road, or if those blue things need to be removed so I can actually have fun with my expensive toy...
      09-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #43
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Mccurry..UES The Blue Thingy is the shipping block! Get it out of there!

Hey, I just checked and I too have those blue deals on the inside of the springs. Should they have been removed? Do you have those blue things on your front springs? Please verify so I can know if they should be removed to improve the ride quality, or if that is normal for them to be there and I just need to accept the road conditions will destroy this car no matter what I do, lol
      09-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #44
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yes...Samurai.....you should have the blue spacer rings up inside the springs removed immediately. you will notice a much better ride! Let me know!
Appreciate 0