BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
murph914
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Convertible

Auxiliary heater

So I woke up this morning to find an inch of the cold wet stuff on the ground. Got me to thinking about the often seen but never witnessed auxiliary heater that I have read about. It pops up on the BWM remote app and a couple other places, but never have I seen someone with it installed.

To get it out of the way up front I believe this is NOT the system that comes with our cars that just ventilates the air in/out to stabilize the air. This system actually burns gasoline to heat.

According to this link it is available for 6 series f12 f13 f06. It also says it takes 9.5 hours to install I have read a bunch of posts but most of the time people discuss the active ventilation as opposed to the active heating. http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...l?proDsId=3511

http://m.bmw.com/m/mobi/com/en/gener...e-services.cml And this link cites the remote heating.

Sorry if this has been addressed before (probably) but every thread I find talks about the stock ventilation which is a different animal altogether.

Now mind you 9.5 hours of BMW plus this gizmo will mean that this little heater will be north of 3 grand and will mean I cant use it in my garage, but boy am I curious every time I sit on cold leather.

Last edited by murph914; 01-04-2016 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0