BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Anyone Running PP-Performance ECU Software?

If anyone is running PP-Performance ECU software on their M6 please get in touch with me. I know they have successfully cracked/pushed the software and they claim they have it installed on quite a few cars. I am interested in speaking with forum members that are indeed running it -- just looking for feedback.

Thanks!

Brian
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Haven't heard of any members running this right now, most of us are running stock or piggybacks. But I would like to hear more as well.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Haven't heard of any members running this right now, most of us are running stock or piggybacks. But I would like to hear more as well.
Yeah I am curious if anyone has experienced any bugs, hiccups, etc. I am running the JB4 piggy back tune, and with the other parts on order I am going to be maxed out on what I can do "bolt on / plug and play" wise.

I've been back and forth with PP-Performance via email and they state they have pushed the software to hundreds of cars. Their FB page looks like they have definitely pushed it to several cars.

I am a bit reluctant to remove the DMIs, send them to them, and wait to get them back -- it seems like a gamble and makes me a bit nervous. I am not so much concerned about voiding warranty, I just don't want to brick my car or have something else unknown happen to it. I am sure once I get over the nervousness I will do it, but sure would be nice to speak to another member or two that has been running the software for any length of time first.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Yeah I am curious if anyone has experienced any bugs, hiccups, etc. I am running the JB4 piggy back tune, and with the other parts on order I am going to be maxed out on what I can do "bolt on / plug and play" wise.

I've been back and forth with PP-Performance via email and they state they have pushed the software to hundreds of cars. Their FB page looks like they have definitely pushed it to several cars.

I am a bit reluctant to remove the DMIs, send them to them, and wait to get them back -- it seems like a gamble and makes me a bit nervous. I am not so much concerned about voiding warranty, I just don't want to brick my car or have something else unknown happen to it. I am sure once I get over the nervousness I will do it, but sure would be nice to speak to another member or two that has been running the software for any length of time first.

Brian
You will spend a ton of money for no gain . I'm pretty sure the software they are using is just the same dev software flash which they then combine with a piggyback . They have the 0-800meter performance of their 700hp package showing it as 18.x seconds at 147 mph . My CP M6 with catted DP's , intake , akrapovic exhaust with stage 1 BMS did 17.x @ 158 in the half mile which is a bit over 800m . In other words you're car will not be faster and may actually be slower .
My two cents .
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
You will spend a ton of money for no gain . I'm pretty sure the software they are using is just the same dev software flash which they then combine with a piggyback . They have the 0-800meter performance of their 700hp package showing it as 18.x seconds at 147 mph . My CP M6 with catted DP's , intake , akrapovic exhaust with stage 1 BMS did 17.x @ 158 in the half mile which is a bit over 800m . In other words you're car will not be faster and may actually be slower .
My two cents .
I would gladly install pp-performance over any other tune out there, but it's more common in Europe, can't find PP in Canada. I've seen all of their races on youtube, PP-performance does really really well.

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #6
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Their "Stage 3" package comes with a piggy back box so it has to make you wonder what they actually have access to via the software/ECU.

I am no expert but one would think if you truly cracked the ECU (and can make adjustments to settings/variables) you could adjust the boost settings/variables via the ECU -- you would not need to manipulate using a piggy back box.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #7
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
My two cents .
I would gladly install pp-performance over any other tune out there, but it's more common in Europe, can't find PP in Canada. I've seen all of their races on youtube, PP-performance does really really well.
The fastest documented trap speed and ET ( at the drag strip ) calibrated verified results is 11.0 @ 128 mph for both the M5 and M6 . Both those cars are BMS piggybacks . A you tube video tells you only that the car is faster than another not how fast it actually is . And my own Vbox data also is sig faster than PP's highest VIP package based on data they have shown . It only did an 11.4 @ 124 mph at the strip. That is the fastest documented 1/4 mile for PP , if one of their cars is faster it isn't proven.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 05:01 AM   #8
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
Their "Stage 3" package comes with a piggy back box so it has to make you wonder what they actually have access to via the software/ECU.

I am no expert but one would think if you truly cracked the ECU (and can make adjustments to settings/variables) you could adjust the boost settings/variables via the ECU -- you would not need to manipulate using a piggy back box.

Brian
Yep + 1000 , it's the same piggyback deal as everyone else over the CP / press tune .
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #9
turbo8765
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim View Post
The youtube vids are cherry picked.

If you want real evidence look for MAHA whp (more widely available in Europe so PP should have no problem producing these numbers).

Or look at trap speed from an NHRA sanctioned track.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #10
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post

Brian
You are correct
      05-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #11
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
If anyone is running PP-Performance ECU software on their M6 please get in touch with me. I know they have successfully cracked/pushed the software and they claim they have it installed on quite a few cars. I am interested in speaking with forum members that are indeed running it -- just looking for feedback.

Thanks!

Brian
I just saw this thread. Look like this guy has it:
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=979350
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0