BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-11-2018, 11:17 AM   #23
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Your exhuast is modified, this is the stock exhaust. It could be a prebuilt system (thus the other picture), or that picture could be from the mock-up on your car from the original owner even. For reference, stock exhaust

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 04:07 AM   #24
thiscarlife
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe F06 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjof2003 View Post
Your exhuast is modified, this is the stock exhaust. It could be a prebuilt system (thus the other picture), or that picture could be from the mock-up on your car from the original owner even. For reference, stock exhaust

Thank you, I saw this picture online as well. My car came with the black chrome exhaust tips different to the on in the picture. Would you know if it's the m performance exhaust system?

Aside from that, would you have any idea whether the missing muffler would be causing the significant effect on fuel consumption?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 04:09 AM   #25
thiscarlife
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I just finished my full tank without the ziptie and I still only got 320 kilometres. (198 miles) I've been driving very conservatively, never putting it in sport mode. I'm really stuck. Would anyone know if the missing muffler is causing this poor fuel consumption? I have emailed BMW Australia to try and get an enquiry on my exhaust and the missing muffler. (Becuase I bought it like this CPO)
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 04:41 AM   #26
thiscarlife
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

UPDATE

FINAL UPDATE: Okay guys I think I might have figured it out. I did a reverse image search on google of the photo that Malik550 posted of the 640i with the same exhaust setup as mine. The only result that came up was the picture posted by tuning blog. They were doing an article of that exact car done by a performance shop in Taiwan called EDO tuning. So I went on facebook and scrolled through their pictures, finally found the black 640. I messaged them through facebook and confirmed that the exhaust that was in the picture was a stock system and that they were actually replacing it to something else.
I have attached the conversation. They also explained to me that most of the LCI 6 series had this "new" system for a sportier sound. You can checkout their facebook page and see that they've done a couple of 640i's with FI Exhaust, some m6 and hundreds of m and other performance cars so I would take their word for it. Case closed

Thanks for everyone's replies to help me out. (note: I still have a fuel consumption problem which I might start a new thread on. The ziptie does not effect it at all as I've done a full tank without the zip tie and got the same exact range)

*note: by "2016-2017" I'm assuming they meant LCI cars.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 10:30 AM   #27
MPower10s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Garage List
So do all LCI's have the exhaust shown for better sound? in the market for a 640 GC so very curious. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 11:19 AM   #28
nguyendot
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

My 2016 640i vert has this exhaust. It's 100% stock. The flap is pneumatic even - it's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to add if it were aftermarket.
Appreciate 0