BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #45
wooz101
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640 View Post
Sounds bonkers
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #46
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Picked up and installed some AC style splitters. I've been waiting a long time for a nice lip add on for the 650!

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #47
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
Picked up and installed some AC style splitters. I've been waiting a long time for a nice lip add on for the 650!

Looks interesting...got more pics and info on these?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #48
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:

Nice lip
I don't know why I feel your car needs M6 black (or CF) kidney grills and CF mirror caps
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #49
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Nice lip
I don't know why I feel your car needs M6 black (or CF) kidney grills and CF mirror caps
Thanks! I was thinking about the carbon mirrors now along with this diffuser in the picture below, it's about $1k. I'm only leaving the grills because it matches the gloss shadow line trim and the wheels are black/machined face so they tie everything in. I Just might change it up tho, I get bored with cars quick! I'm on my 3rd set of wheels in a year, the car had darker tints and tinted tail lights, so it changes every here and there.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #50
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Looks interesting...got more pics and info on these?
There's not too much to say, they're about $320 and come from China. If anyone gets them, make sure you don't use the supplied 3m double sided as it is crap, get the 1/2" real sh!t and there are 2 bolts that hold the bumper that bolt these splitters in so you need to remove them and get ones that are at least 5/8" longer to bolt the splitters to the bumper along with the double sided 3M tape. The hardware they provide is useless, but i expect that from China, at least they fit right! Very easy to install and considering there are not too may alternatives I'm down to sport them for that custom look until something else comes out, if it ever does for this body.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Splitt...item2a54bf3412
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:49 AM   #51
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Exhaust Sounds beast!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #52
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice lip
I heard ya M6! I went with gloss black mirrors (vinyl) and gloss all black grills with a little custom touch, cause I don't step on M6 toes!!

I couldn't decide on black chrome for the grille 650i or white, I bought them both and mounted the white so far. I have a few of each decal so i might change it up. The grills I bought had the badge holder built into them or I would have just not put anything at all.

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #53
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
Nice grill marking!!
Well done.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #54
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
I heard ya M6! I went with gloss black mirrors (vinyl) and gloss all black grills with a little custom touch, cause I don't step on M6 toes!!

I couldn't decide on black chrome for the grille 650i or white, I bought them both and mounted the white so far. I have a few of each decal so i might change it up. The grills I bought had the badge holder built into them or I would have just not put anything at all.
Nice grill
And I really like the way you put 650 badge instead of M6 on grill
I don't understand why people put M6 badge on 650i while 650i is a fantastic car by itself. I used to have two 650i and I liked them. It's the best car you car buy with that money...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8

Last edited by M6-Coupe; 08-06-2015 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #55
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice grill
And I really like the way you put 650 badge instead of M6 on grill
I don't understand why people put M6 badge on 650i while 650i is a fantastic car by itself. I had both 650i and I liked them. It's the best car you car buy with that money...
Thanks man, it's all about the details, and I ain't no poser!! Lol.

I leased this 650i, I wanted to be under $1200 with tax with nothing out of pocket and I got what I wanted. I may go for the M5 next or M4, whatever makes sense to me at the time and to my insurance. The quote for an M6 was $540 a month, I have been paying $395 for the 650i so again, it's about what makes sense in the scheme of things. My driving record has some speeding tickets, a small accident I had in a Caddy CTS, and a DUI that haunts me from almost a decade ago. Once that all comes off, an M6 could be in my sights.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #56
6seriesgc
Rep
Drives: 6series

Hmm i think the grille would look cleaner without the 650i badging. I also had the oem one replaced with m6 style black gloss grille. Looks aggressive.

Also the exhaust note is nice!! I once did a resonator delete on a 4.4 v8 on a range rover sport. It was just the loudest and baddest sound...pretty sure i scared the neighbors every time i started the car up lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #57
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6seriesgc View Post
Hmm i think the grille would look cleaner without the 650i badging. I also had the oem one replaced with m6 style black gloss grille. Looks aggressive.

Also the exhaust note is nice!! I once did a resonator delete on a 4.4 v8 on a range rover sport. It was just the loudest and baddest sound...pretty sure i scared the neighbors every time i started the car up lol.
I agree it would look cleaner, but it does add a little something to the front. I also bought the same decals in black chrome so I was going to remove the white and put that on for a more subtle look. I have more white decals as well if I want to revert back. I bought the M6 double slat grills in gloss black and they had that space for the badge built into the plastic, if that wasn't there I would not have the decal on there. I just didn't want to put an OEM M6 badge on, that's just not something I would do. I also could have debadged the car and most people would think it's an M6 because of the lip spoiler and quad rear exhaust tips but I just like keepin it real, so i have the 650i emblem on the trunk in black.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #58
drmlee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F06 650i

Quote:
I agree it would look cleaner, but it does add a little something to the front. I also bought the same decals in black chrome so I was going to remove the white and put that on for a more subtle look. I have more white decals as well if I want to revert back. I bought the M6 double slat grills in gloss black and they had that space for the badge built into the plastic, if that wasn't there I would not have the decal on there. I just didn't want to put an OEM M6 badge on, that's just not something I would do. I also could have debadged the car and most people would think it's an M6 because of the lip spoiler and quad rear exhaust tips but I just like keepin it real, so i have the 650i emblem on the trunk in black.
http://www.autotecknic.com/product_p/bm-0612-g.htm

they sell one without the blank spot for the logo/badge.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 01:26 PM   #59
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmlee View Post
http://www.autotecknic.com/product_p/bm-0612-g.htm

they sell one without the blank spot for the logo/badge.
I know, when I ordered mine I did not know it was built into the grille, I like how they came out and I'm going to keep it like this. Been getting a lot of compliments about the 650i in the grill in white. Didn't know such a little custom touch would go a long way
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #60
daiyanadam
Rep
Drives: 640i xDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
This is what I've done to my Alpine 650 coupe so far.. Muffler delete with dual staggered 3.5" tips done by Exhaust Pro over here in southern Cali, gloss black roof, white painted reflectors, tinted lights, BMW black grills.. I'm waiting on the open air intake that's being developed for these cars by Igor over on 5 post and then going with the Burger stage 1 tune!

Looks good bud!
Do you know if the muffler delete voids any kind of warranties? I would love that sound if I'm sure it won't void my warranty!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #61
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyanadam View Post
Looks good bud!
Do you know if the muffler delete voids any kind of warranties? I would love that sound if I'm sure it won't void my warranty!
Thanks! No it won't void your warranty. All you are doing in essence is removing a pair of silencers, it really doesn't have any adverse effects on the rest of the drivetrain or the car in general. One could also argue that by lowering the amount of back pressure you are actually elongating the life of the turbos by running them cooler because you would have less back pressure without the mufflers.
Appreciate 0