BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-12-2016, 03:37 AM   #1
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

RW Carbon vs Authentic Brands

Hi guys, I was looking into getting the Vorsteiner kit, but then read many posts where people had fitment issues and didn't think it was worth the $$.

Then I saw people suggesting this RW Carbon, which makes the same style kit but at a much cheaper price. However, has anyone have experience with this RW Carbon brand? What's their quality and finish like? Fitment issues?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acexxon
Hi guys, I was looking into getting the Vorsteiner kit, but then read many posts where people had fitment issues and didn't think it was worth the $$.

Then I saw people suggesting this RW Carbon, which makes the same style kit but at a much cheaper price. However, has anyone have experience with this RW Carbon brand? What's their quality and finish like? Fitment issues?

Thanks!
No one makes a better kit than Vorsteiner. I have tried products from just about all manufacturers and they are by far the best when it comes to fit and finish and customer service. I find that the rear decklid spoiler is the one that people most commonly have fitment issues with. Because of the curvature of the top of the trunk sometimes the wings don't sit flush with the surface. Most of the time it's a minor issue that's nearly unnoticeable once the wing is properly installed. In case of the fitment being way off I'm sure Vorsteiner would have no issue swapping it out free of charge. They swapped my wing for a brand new one after it started developing strange marks on the clear coat about 6 months after I purchased it.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #3
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
No one makes a better kit than Vorsteiner. I have tried products from just about all manufacturers and they are by far the best when it comes to fit and finish and customer service. I find that the rear decklid spoiler is the one that people most commonly have fitment issues with. Because of the curvature of the top of the trunk sometimes the wings don't sit flush with the surface. Most of the time it's a minor issue that's nearly unnoticeable once the wing is properly installed. In case of the fitment being way off I'm sure Vorsteiner would have no issue swapping it out free of charge. They swapped my wing for a brand new one after it started developing strange marks on the clear coat about 6 months after I purchased it.
BS!!!! I've had full kit from RW, when I've seen comments like yours I thought to myself that Vorsteiner was superior and OEM like fit and finish, and that I should switch, when I got the Vorsteiner the fit was a little worse than RW, the finish was just like RW, I was super disappointed, sold it right away because I would feel so upset cracking that $$$$$$$ worth of "carbon" (not even a real carbon) If you want to pay tripple the $$$ just to support Vorsteiner go for it, otherwise no point.
      03-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777
Quote:
BS!!!! I've had full kit from RW, when I've seen comments like yours I thought to myself that Vorsteiner was superior and OEM like fit and finish, and that I should switch, when I got the Vorsteiner the fit was a little worse than RW, the finish was just like RW, I was super disappointed, sold it right away because I would feel so upset cracking that $$$$$$$ worth of "carbon" (not even a real carbon) If you want to pay tripple the $$$ just to support Vorsteiner go for it, otherwise no point.
I'm only speaking from personal experience. No need to get so excited over the topic. It's car accessories we are talking about. Anyways, my vorsteiner parts on my M6 were much more durable and fit better than the comparable priced pieces I got from 3D design. They also outlasted the carbon pieces I got from Autotecknik and the terrible side markers from IND, and when I had a problem with the clearcoat on my first Vorsteiner wing, all I had to do was snap a picture of it and send it to Vorsteiner. They had a replacement on the way no questions asked, and even let me keep the old damaged one. No other company came close to their customer service. Anyways I can confirm the Vorsteiner parts are 100% pre-preg carbon fiber with 110% certainty. If yours wasn't 100% pre-preg Carbon then you were sent fakes.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #5
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Quote:
I'm only speaking from personal experience. No need to get so excited over the topic. It's car accessories we are talking about. Anyways, my vorsteiner parts on my M6 were much more durable and fit better than the comparable priced pieces I got from 3D design. They also outlasted the carbon pieces I got from Autotecknik and the terrible side markers from IND, and when I had a problem with the clearcoat on my first Vorsteiner wing, all I had to do was snap a picture of it and send it to Vorsteiner. They had a replacement on the way no questions asked, and even let me keep the old damaged one. No other company came close to their customer service. Anyways I can confirm the Vorsteiner parts are 100% pre-preg carbon fiber with 110% certainty. If yours wasn't 100% pre-preg Carbon then you were sent fakes.
I got it straight from Vorsteiner, it's fiber glass wrapped in one layer of carbon or something like that, real carbon is so light
      03-20-2016, 07:05 PM   #6
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777
Quote:
I got it straight from Vorsteiner, it's fiber glass wrapped in one layer of carbon or something like that, real carbon is so light
That's strange. Are you positive you inquired about the M6 parts? I know they used to use fiberglass on some of their parts for the E92 M3 way back when. I snapped my old wing during removal and mine was 100% carbon, there's actually nothing in it. It was completely hollow. No signs of fiberglass anywhere.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #7
redcod
Rep
Drives: M6 GC CP

Www.cnautofans.com

I bought my kit from these guys at like 1/3rd the price. V Rear diffuser didn't fit perfectly but still looks pretty good. Side skirts fit flush, I got the rkp front lip from these guys too as I like more than V one and it fits well.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcod View Post
Www.cnautofans.com

I bought my kit from these guys at like 1/3rd the price. V Rear diffuser didn't fit perfectly but still looks pretty good. Side skirts fit flush, I got the rkp front lip from these guys too as I like more than V one and it fits well.
are you referring to the carbon fiber side skirt extensions?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #9
redcod
Rep
Drives: M6 GC CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcod View Post
Www.cnautofans.com

are you referring to the carbon fiber side skirt extensions?
Yep
Attached Images

Appreciate 0