BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
melvyn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

CCB pads

Was wanting a little advice on when to change pads.Rears are down to 6 mill and thought I read somewhere to change when they are fifty per cent worn as they have studs in them .Car went into BM dealer today to change them, tech measured them at 6 mill and said there was plenty of life left in them, idrive read 10k miles.These pads new are I think 19 mill including the 6 mill backing plate, so mine are now over fifty per cent worn.

Any thoughts?

Melv
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #2
ace32x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 alpine white M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvyn View Post
Was wanting a little advice on when to change pads.Rears are down to 6 mill and thought I read somewhere to change when they are fifty per cent worn as they have studs in them .Car went into BM dealer today to change them, tech measured them at 6 mill and said there was plenty of life left in them, idrive read 10k miles.These pads new are I think 19 mill including the 6 mill backing plate, so mine are now over fifty per cent worn.

Any thoughts?

Melv
been curious about this aswell. mine are at 4.5 and got the same response from the dealer. want to get them changed under the 50k service mileage before my warranty is up lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 09:23 AM   #3
ChrisCM6
Rep
Drives: M6 F12 CP

Whats the mileage on yours?
Appreciate 0