BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-16-2022, 07:35 PM   #1
Davewu90
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i (manual), 2017 X1

HELP: Broken CIC

I just completed an MMI install on my F12 650i, and everything went well, except the UMMC connector (the side attached to the CIC) for the AM/FM radio, broke off. I tried to glue it/electrical tape the nub back, but both connections - the outside of the coax metal plate cracked as well as the the center wire is physically touching but not well connected. And once I reconnect the cable, the reception is quite bad. I wiggle it and it gets a bit better, but never good. What are my options? My wife loves OTA radio, and TuneIn doesn’t cut it. Any ideas on fixing the connector? Or purchasing a used CIC? Seems like there should be several CIC’s out in the wild esp. since people might have upgraded to NBT, and EVO. I considered upgrading to full NBT EVO, but it’s so expensive.

Also, would I have to re-code the CIC to match my VIN?

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts and advice.

Last edited by Davewu90; 02-16-2022 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 06:59 PM   #2
mudpaw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i Gran Coupe

Not sure if your issue is a broken connector or not. If it is, check here;http://terminalsupplyco.com
I worked for a racing team years back and we sourced many of our connectors from them.

Last edited by mudpaw; 02-20-2022 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 05:12 PM   #3
GedR
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewu90 View Post
I just completed an MMI install on my F12 650i, and everything went well, except the UMMC connector (the side attached to the CIC) for the AM/FM radio, broke off. I tried to glue it/electrical tape the nub back, but both connections - the outside of the coax metal plate cracked as well as the the center wire is physically touching but not well connected. And once I reconnect the cable, the reception is quite bad. I wiggle it and it gets a bit better, but never good. What are my options? My wife loves OTA radio, and TuneIn doesn’t cut it. Any ideas on fixing the connector? Or purchasing a used CIC? Seems like there should be several CIC’s out in the wild esp. since people might have upgraded to NBT, and EVO. I considered upgrading to full NBT EVO, but it’s so expensive.

Also, would I have to re-code the CIC to match my VIN?

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts and advice.

Did you ever fix this issue , same problem
At the moment
Appreciate 0